[USA] ToysRUs Cyber Online LEGO Sale - February 6 Only

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] ToysRUs Cyber Online LEGO Sale - February 6 Only

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:10 pm

On February 6, there will be a one day cyber sale with up to 30% on LEGO, NERF, Melissa & Doug, Power Rangers and more at Toysrus.com. Spend $75 or more and your order ships free.

Unless they add something new to the list, there's nothing much to look forward to. So far, its only 20% off ALL LEGO Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean. Maybe Diagon Alley, but definately not Quidditch Match!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-cybe ... ry-6-only/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] ToysRUs Cyber Online LEGO Sale - February 6 Only

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 am

When you click the section for Harry Potter and PotC on the advertisement page it doesn't list Diagon Alley :(

amonument74
Peasant
Peasant

Post by amonument74 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Well, I'm officially done with Toysrus. Diagon Alley "conveniently" is out of stock for shipping. It's been there for weeks on end in stock. I had it in my cart 5 minutes ago. As soon as they begin to adjust their website for the 20% HP sale...BOOM. No longer in stock. Absolute scumbags.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:22 am

With the Toys R Us price hike you can get just about all of them for cheaper than 20% off on amazon anyway...at least the couple i looked at.

Hagrids Hut normal price on amazon is 39.99...toys r us, 54.99.

I saw quidditch match at my local kmart a week or 2 ago. Not on sale for 19.99. It's 37.99 at Toys R US.

TRU sales almost aren't even worth mentioning unless it is for a TRU exclusive set. Seems like you can always find sets cheaper elsewhere than even the sale price.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:56 am

amonument74 wrote:Well, I'm officially done with Toysrus. Diagon Alley "conveniently" is out of stock for shipping. It's been there for weeks on end in stock. I had it in my cart 5 minutes ago. As soon as they begin to adjust their website for the 20% HP sale...BOOM. No longer in stock. Absolute scumbags.
Why does it matter when it was not even part of the sale? I still don;t get how people get mad and think they take stuff off the website....I get hard to get items through the TRU sales all the time...They only have a few and the best times are normally later through the week when they pop back in. last bogo 50 I got the pet shop and Fire brigade...

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 am

20% off, but in case you haven't noticed we gouged you on the prices so at best this is 2%, please continue shopping with us!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 am

I'd probably do the Hogwarts Castle if I could find another $15 off coupon - since I can't seem to find this set on 50% off clearance like others are having luck with.

wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wei11364 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 am

amonument74 wrote:Well, I'm officially done with Toysrus. Diagon Alley "conveniently" is out of stock for shipping. It's been there for weeks on end in stock. I had it in my cart 5 minutes ago. As soon as they begin to adjust their website for the 20% HP sale...BOOM. No longer in stock. Absolute scumbags.
You are not losing much. It doesn't look like Diagon Alley is part of the 20% promotion anyway.

nkx1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nkx1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 am

pumbaugh wrote:
Why does it matter when it was not even part of the sale? I still don;t get how people get mad and think they take stuff off the website....I get hard to get items through the TRU sales all the time...They only have a few and the best times are normally later through the week when they pop back in. last bogo 50 I got the pet shop and Fire brigade...

I'm in agreement with amonument74's general sentiment, that TRU does not exactly treat their customers with respect. Even though the Diagon Alley set is not included in the sale, I would have to assume they conveniently eliminated the set from online stock so that it appears they are offering all available Harry Potter sets in the sale. However, they were too cheap to include the Diagon Alley set in the sale, and did not want to appear as such, so that set magically disppeared from online inventory.

amonument74
Peasant
Peasant

Post by amonument74 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Here, here Nkx1. You know, if they had worded the ad "20% off all Harry Potter Lego except Diagon Alley"... I would have been slightly less cheesed off. It's just a deceptive marketing practice, and as you say, very disrespectful to the consumer.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:48 am

I think you guys greatly over estimate the amount of product...and greatly under estimate the amount of demand for sale LEGO...People complained and swore Amazon didn't actually offer their lightning deals and just put them directly to soldout even though many people reported getting them(various products, lego deals sucked this year)....How many Diagon Alleys do you think they have on hand at any time? I can understand being angry that it isn't included, but I am pretty sure when they have run specific HP % sales before that Diagon was not included. Probably becasue it is a 1xxxx series set instead of a four digit. I mean there is a whole forum of members here hawing for deals all the time, I am never surprised when I miss something as sold out. Why hold out sets from the sale? I am sure they are turning a profit at 20% and could order more....they would just be costing themselves money for holding product out.

ss7man
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ss7man » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Toys R Us is a deceptive company from my own experience. Lets leave it at that. No conspiracy theory. It pass the smell test easily. If it smell like poo, guess what it might be ...

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Well I stopped going to TRU sometime ago, and now Ill have no notice to make a return since they have long stopped sending any email coupons and this was the only place I'd hear reports of any sales worthwhile.

oh well.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

cbaker1974
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cbaker1974 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Their prices have become so high for Lego that it's not really worth shopping there anymore, even with the BOGO50 (which brings most things back down to normal MSRP). Target and Amazon are getting the bulk of my purchases for the near future until the TRU price structuring returns to semi-normal levels.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:03 am

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I really despise everything TRU, and they were my go to since I was a wee lad. Target, Wal-Mart, LEGO store, and Amazon fill the void quite well.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 am

I miss KB toys, that's where I first got the hunting for Lego at clearance bug. There's so little clearance at TRU nowadays, plus there's the mark ups. I've more or less given up shopping there, except for wanting the occasional exclusive. Odd given that I consider the "core" of my collection a few dozen of those $20.00 thousand piece tubs they used to offer, but that's probably why I have more 1x1 bricks in basic colors than I'll ever use in a lifetime.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 am

The only time I buy at TRU anymore is in the rareified first few days of a release when they have sets at standard MSRP. For Friends that literally lasted 2 days by me. And they've even stopped asking MSRP for the CMFs at release now, it seems.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 am

I believe next week is 2 for 5 series 6 CMF....Don't bank on it, but the source I heard it from has been reliable...