[USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by dehnehsu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:03 am

Went into our Mountain View, Calif. Walmart and found on the shelf an XL 1600 set 5512 still sealed and in excellent condition. I remember someone earlier posted they lucked into one too, It was half off at $15. Where the heck did it come from 2 months after Black Friday? On an earlier visit I saw the Duplo version at $15 but it was taped shut and the Bricks were loose inside.

ezra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ezra » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:42 am

Checked my Wally's today. My usual route to the corner of the store where all clearance items go to die. Priced only 2 cents less than their actual msrp, I found about 10 various Alien Conquest sets and just several Hero Factory. While I was looking through the shelves I overheard two workers discussing their markdown plan: one side of the aisle will be clearance items priced at 5 and the shelves opposite will be priced 10.
February Markdowns are nigh. Now is the calm before the storm. ymmv. happy hunting to all.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:32 am

I think there is a second wave of markdowns at my nearby Wallies. I hope they take them down to 50% and 50% down to 70%. Praying to the discount Gods now. Good hunting.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah, I'm finding here in Northern CA a lot of Walmarts have the lowly practice of keeping a red-signed clearance section full of full-priced toys for months on end. There was that one week after Christmas with lots of 50% off Legos that weren't marked as such, and I'm glad I bought what I did then. The only real Walmart clearance is a secret one, because if it says it's clearance, it ain't.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:37 pm

wkunert wrote:The only real Walmart clearance is a secret one, because if it says it's clearance, it ain't.
My Walmart takes it a step beyond red stickering sets for 2c under MSRP...

I'm not holding my breath on any price drops though -- this same Walmart had Bionicle sets on the same endcap for the better chunk of a year. I suspect most were sent off for salvage at some point, but -- 18 mos after retirement -- they still have some, and still at the same 2c under MSRP.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

If I'm finding Power Miners and Space Police sets at 30% is there a good chance this is one of those stores? I guess I wont hold my breath either then.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 pm

intromission wrote:If I'm finding Power Miners and Space Police sets at 30% is there a good chance this is one of those stores? I guess I wont hold my breath either then.
Those are still in stores. :eek:

I have seen them at TRU, which never get rid of anything, on "CLEARANCE" for the great clearance price of MSRP on Power Miners and Space Police sets.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:04 pm

wkunert wrote:The only real Walmart clearance is a secret one, because if it says it's clearance, it ain't.
Not at my store. They just set out some more sets. They start out discounted anywhere from 10% to 25% off MSRP. They still have some Pharaohs, Ninjago, and Advents at 50% off. Going back and forth if I want those Pharaoh ones.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Don't know if its nationwide, but just heard a radio ad today for a special 50% off clearance sale at Walmart this friday (Feb 3) that will include toys. Might be worth checking out. Maybe they finally gonna discount the older SW, HP and the AC stuff! Gonna go see thats for sure!

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Same "red balloon clearance" radio ad played here in Ohio, so it should be nationwide....whatever it ends up being.

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Walmart in Stockton, CA today had about 2.5 boxes of Series 5 minifigs for $1 each on clearance.

Soccerd45
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Soccerd45 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:07 am

Hurry! Amazon has the Black Pearl for $79
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZF ... B004ZFF3CQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am

Someone cleared out my local Wally yesterday. As of 4 am, there was about 20 sets on various discounts. For the 2nd day in a row, they increased the discount. This last increase was sometime yesterday morning, so by 9PM everything was consumed including some Friends items.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Found the good stuff today at Walmart. Republic Frigate for $59. Queen Anne's Revenge for $59. City Harbor for $45. Grievous starship for $25. Bounty Gunship for $25. POTC london escape for $25. Black Pearl was $79 but with all these deals, that seemed too expensive, LOL.

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Newly clearance or further reduced I saw at the local store: Prisoner Transport $9, Rocka XL $13, Scorpio $13(Witch Doctor surely is reduced further too, but my store is out of him), Ulimate Build Mater $15, Light House Island $19. All the Harry Potter stuff was reduced as well, but none of the Star Wars.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 pm

I found the PotC London Escape, Jedi T6 Shuttle, Police Helicopter (a normally $10 set), Cannibal Escape, and Witch Doctor all for half off.

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:23 pm

I found a Police station at a local Walmart for 50% off. My boy is going to be so excited to get it.. It's going to be tough to keep it secret till his birthday. Also picked up some small Harry Potter boxes for gifts for some family friends.

I got to Walmart and found it 5 minutes before another guy came and cleared the place out of the clearance sets.. He grabbed almost everything that was 50% off and threw them into his cart. I was tempted to buy some other sets, but was kinda relieved when the other guy grabbed everything.. Made the decision easier for me.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Can anyone confirm whether these are being found in a devoted clearance aisle (like a lawn and garden area) or in the regular LEGO aisle? Also are these like the after Christmas sale where things are not marked? I'm sure it depends on the store. I know I saw one Walmart that had stuff I wanted in a devoted clearance area that was kind of a mess and almost nothing was marked on the shelf like the clearance aisle at another store I had visited. Just trying to gauge whether it's worth the wild goose chase at this point (and the gas). The manager at one store told me nothing is doing over there.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:59 pm

The sets my wife found today were in the toy section (but not with the LEGO) with red labels at 50% off. This particular WM has a devoted clearance aisle nearby, but they were on one end of the toy section.

King

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:43 pm

intromission wrote:Can anyone confirm whether these are being found in a devoted clearance aisle (like a lawn and garden area) or in the regular LEGO aisle? Also are these like the after Christmas sale where things are not marked? I'm sure it depends on the store. I know I saw one Walmart that had stuff I wanted in a devoted clearance area that was kind of a mess and almost nothing was marked on the shelf like the clearance aisle at another store I had visited. Just trying to gauge whether it's worth the wild goose chase at this point (and the gas). The manager at one store told me nothing is doing over there.
I found City, Alien Conquest, and a couple SW sets 50% off in the toy aisles but spread out. It was weird, first was the Lego aisle with no clearance, then next aisle over had some City clearance mixed with Creator and non-clearance Lego. Next aisle over had the SW, AC and one Hagrids Hut - which I grabbed. One more aisle over had Lego Friends at MSRP but picked pretty clean. I circled a few times in case I missed something but think that was it. No end caps with big red signs, but finally the real deal from Wally!