[USA] Target January 2012 Clearance Finds

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] Target January 2012 Clearance Finds

Post by Selby-Tiger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:56 pm

intromission wrote:The three Targets I've called have all told me they were just salvaged They never went to 70%. At least around here. Oh well.
My experience also, one day 10 PQ sets sitting at 50% off - next day gone.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 am

I would have thought more people would have found the portals and pyramids at 70% off. Especially the Minneapolis area with so many Targets confined so closely together.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:15 am

I've only seen 1 or 2 people mention getting them at 70% and I'm really starting to question the validity.
Seems like the salvage after 50% has been Target-wide. This wasn't up to the discretion of managers if you ask me. I've seen stacks of these sets vanish overnight at multiple Targets. When I asked, they had all been salvaged. What I find interesting is that I had read theories as to what the salvage price was and one would think that it was still more profitable to sell them to customers at 70%. Perhaps they just didn't want to deal with them moving so slowly and needed the room.

MitchMitchem
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MitchMitchem » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 am

Just to throw in my .02:
I've noticed ROSS/Marshalls/TJ MAXX carrying a lot more items from Target. There is a good chance the LEGO sets will end up at one of these stores.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 am

intromission wrote:I've only seen 1 or 2 people mention getting them at 70% and I'm really starting to question the validity.
Seems like the salvage after 50% has been Target-wide. This wasn't up to the discretion of managers if you ask me. I've seen stacks of these sets vanish overnight at multiple Targets. When I asked, they had all been salvaged. What I find interesting is that I had read theories as to what the salvage price was and one would think that it was still more profitable to sell them to customers at 70%. Perhaps they just didn't want to deal with them moving so slowly and needed the room.
The discount was closer to 75% to be exact--apparently it didn't follow the 30/50/70 rule. I paid $25.04 plus tax.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:02 am

intromission wrote:... What I find interesting is that I had read theories as to what the salvage price was and one would think that it was still more profitable to sell them to customers at 70%. ...
I've been reading that extensive product returns have cut pretty deep into retailer's profits this past holiday season. Its quite possible that Target presumed that if they dropped the price to 70% off, they would be hit by a bunch of returns from folks that purchased at 30% or 50% off.

slisa51
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by slisa51 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 am

intromission wrote:I've only seen 1 or 2 people mention getting them at 70% and I'm really starting to question the validity.
I live within a few miles of 10 different targets that I have been frequenting since the sales started. All of them except one salvaged the pyramids at 50%. I took the UPC code off the bottom of the pyramid box and would scan that at each target if they didn't have the set in stock so I know what they sold for. The only store that had them for 25.04 was in edison and someone commented about them being 50% off this wednesday and I went thursday and they were 75% off and it looked they were about to salvage them. Only a few random city sets were 70% off at all targets for the entire run of the sale. If anyone is interested the wallmart in north brunswick NJ had tons of lego clearance at 30% off as of thursday the 26th. They had Geonisian Fighter, Sith Infiltrators, Podracers, Jedi Shuttles, Battle of Naboo, Clone Turbo Tanks, and a variety of other atlantis, Pharoahs Quest, and city sets.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:15 am

You were fortunate.

janckson wrote:
The discount was closer to 75% to be exact--apparently it didn't follow the 30/50/70 rule. I paid $25.04 plus tax.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:50 am

Most places I have plugged in the DCPI salvaged at 50%, but we did stumble upon a couple that had 70% off. Unfortunately, they salvaged them the next day, so you had to be there a day earlier than the usual schedule. There is still some Targets with them in stock and at 50%, so hopefully, the will go 70% off before salvaging.

Also, there is some returns coming in for SKUs that were salvaged. When scanned, they aren't on file. But, the store will sell them at the last price before salvage. That means some stores might still have some items 70% off on their shelves from post-salvage returns.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:27 am

Selby-Tiger wrote:
intromission wrote:The three Targets I've called have all told me they were just salvaged They never went to 70%. At least around here. Oh well.
My experience also, one day 10 PQ sets sitting at 50% off - next day gone.
My local Target did that with 60 or so Snow trooper Battle Packs.

adol7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by adol7 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Be sure to check Goodwill. After seeing the Portals and Pyramids disappear at 50% off from Target, I saw a few yesterday at the local Goodwill for $30 (70% off).

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:06 pm

adol7 wrote:Be sure to check Goodwill. After seeing the Portals and Pyramids disappear at 50% off from Target, I saw a few yesterday at the local Goodwill for $30 (70% off).
Great point. Should check tonight.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:50 am

Did my rounds yesterday. Every Target I visited salvaged their Xmas inventory, but WAIT 1 SECOND....I saw some Lego Star Wars sets being clearanced in the Lego aisle as they prepare for the new sets. It might be YMMV, but keep an eye out.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Target today had a couple Clone Turbo tanks on clearance today for $83. I "normally" would have bought them but I have literally spent a fortune since Christmas. Between Imperial Flagships and a host of 50% off stuff from Walmart, I'm spoiled.

Be sure to check your local Walmart, as many of them have further discounted some big items as of Feb. 1st!

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Saw a few new things hit clearance in the main LEGO isle today. Police Helicopter, General Grievous' Starfighter, and the Space Shuttle.

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 am

A Target that I was aware of had a shelving unit full of the Portal of Atlantis set at 50% for weeks; I was hoping for 70%. Two days after I last checked, the entire stash up and disappeared. When I asked an associate if he knew what happened to them, I received a furtive 'They're gone'. When I pressed further, I got a 'They're Gone'. Guy should work for the CIA.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 am

clerkkent wrote:A Target that I was aware of had a shelving unit full of the Portal of Atlantis set at 50% for weeks; I was hoping for 70%. Two days after I last checked, the entire stash up and disappeared. When I asked an associate if he knew what happened to them, I received a furtive 'They're gone'. When I pressed further, I got a 'They're Gone'. Guy should work for the CIA.
maybe he does. :cool:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:06 am

ncbarrett wrote:
clerkkent wrote:Guy should work for the CIA.
maybe he does. :cool:
The very secretive LEGO division of the CIA. Now that we have spoken of it, we all are dead.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

I had a surprising find at Target tonight: 4 of the holiday LEGO gift card sets. They were in a wagon that an employee was using to restock the shelves. Very random. Here are some other photos of the new Star Wars sets on the shelves at Target:

http://brickupdate.com/2012-star-wars-l ... at-target/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

raccooneyes
I'm New !

Post by raccooneyes » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 am

My local target here in Jacksonville, Nc. seemed to clear out all the lego pyramids, I don't think they even went to 70% off. A few days later I checked my local walmart and to my surprise I found 3 lego pyramids at just $27 a piece which is about 75 % off because its normally a $99 set. I never see legos at 75% off at walmart, I was really surprised. I bought 1 and there is 2 left.