[USA]Lego B&M in-store 12/26

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA]Lego B&M in-store 12/26

Post by brixter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:53 am

Here's what I found in-store at the Lego store in Queens, NY this morning:

SW Advent Calendar $19.99
All Atlantis $20% off
City Public Transport $69.99
Winter Post Office $55.99
holiday polybags 50% off
some of the 2011 City sets were discounted, but I wasn't interested in them, so I don't know their discount
Ramses Pyramid $23.99
SW Mace Windu starfighter $31.99
SW Tantive IV $105
some Harry Potter left on the shelves - NO discount
Medieval Market Village - NO discount (it will be around for the rest of the year)

IMO not as great as last year, but there's always more possibilities next week...

Good hunting!

happymark
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA]Lego B&M in-store 12/26

Post by happymark » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:11 am

thanks!. Ramses Pyramid 23.99 ? or a typo ? $3.99?

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:41 am

happymark wrote:thanks!. Ramses Pyramid 23.99 ? or a typo ? $3.99?

Sadly, not a typo. $23.99 (20% off) - I'm glad I picked up a bunch at Target awhile ago.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:42 am

My store practically had bare shelves and it sounds like most stuff was gone before today, it looks like Lego had a good sales year. Seriously it looked like they were going out of business. Weird. I didn't find much to buy. No Ramses Pyramid or other items that might have been deeply discounted, a bust if you ask me.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [US/CA] LEGOShop Boxing Day 2011 LEGO Deals

Post by Toronadian » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:49 am

So I went into Lego store at Fairview Mall location in Toronto today at around like 10am, and there were PLENTY of the Winter Post Office and the City Advent Calendars. There were also some sets that were 20% off due to damaged packaging. This included a few of the new Dino Attack sets, one Passenger Train Set, and some other stuff. I was holding onto the Passenger Train set for a few mins to decide whether or not I wanted it, but even at 20% off $170, it was too steep for me at the moment...but the moment I let go of it to look the other way, some parent immediately proceeded to grasp it and take it to the cashier; guess he was waiting for me to let go of it :lol: . I also got the other Police bike that they've been selling since like 2005 for $4, which is a dollar off what they usually sell for.

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 am

Was surprised there were no customers when I got to the one here, I thought they were still closed! Not much there was more than 10% off though.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:25 am

One of the store employees told me that someone called right when they opened, asked what the discounts were and bought all of the Star Wars sets. I'm wondering if that happened to a lot of stores.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:10 pm

The discounts at our local store mirrored the on-line sale. I bought the last two SW Advent Calendars in-store for $19.99 ea. Someone had just returned a Hogwarts Express, and I bought it at the 20% discount for $63.98 (there were otherwise no HP sets left in the store) - not great, but we don't have one yet and I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it again at a reasonable price.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:12 pm

At least one Lego B/M store I went to had really good deals on lots of sets and some sets had really good discounts as well.
I was surprised at the sets available as they did differ from the ones listed online...

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Wow......today was kind of a disappointment. The local brand store (Santa Clara) had TONS of items on sale, but they were all 10% off. Very, very stupid of them. They also have many of the same items on sale that was discounted online. What's even worse is that they had barely any 2012 sets! :mad: (they do have the entire range of Super Heros though.)

They had some MMVs but they were not discounted. Endor was $80.

The highlight of the day is that they had grab bags -- at first they had some that only had PAB/BAM stuff but later they put more out that had disassembled remains of QAR, MF and the republic frigate, and others.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:18 pm

I spoke to this in another thread...The Ramses Pyramids are $3.98 even though they are priced wrong at the store. When they scan, it says something about price inquiry in the system and they are directed to the site. They will match it. I ended up buying 5. Not sure if I'll return them now that I've found some better deals at Walmart. The baseplates and tan pieces are great but I'm a part-time teacher. ;)

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:21 pm

I just came back from the Fairview store.
Went there after lunch (wrong move!),
and all the good stuffs are gone..
though I was able to get the following

Magnets @ $3.87 each (H*ll Y*ah all are GLUED):
PQ (Jake-Anubis-Mummie)
SW (Anakin-Senate Commando-Ahsoka)
SW (Anakin-Talz-Clone Pilot)
Lego Rubber $1.12

Minifig Set @ $3.87 each
PQ 3 mummies+tomb x2

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:10 pm

r1chard wrote: Lego Rubber $1.12
I never knew LEGO sold family planning products, what it a single use or multi-pack ? :what?:
Ok, its been a long day and I'm tired =P

Thanks for updating about Fairview, I skipped there to avoid the crowds.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Not sure if it was a joke or not, but in case it wasnt....

Lego Rubber meant the Lego Logo made out of Rubber (but on a magnet).
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Toronadian wrote:So I went into Lego store at Fairview Mall location in Toronto today at around like 10am, and there were PLENTY of the Winter Post Office and the City Advent Calendars. There were also some sets that were 20% off due to damaged packaging. This included a few of the new Dino Attack sets, one Passenger Train Set, and some other stuff. I was holding onto the Passenger Train set for a few mins to decide whether or not I wanted it, but even at 20% off $170, it was too steep for me at the moment...but the moment I let go of it to look the other way, some parent immediately proceeded to grasp it and take it to the cashier; guess he was waiting for me to let go of it :lol: . I also got the other Police bike that they've been selling since like 2005 for $4, which is a dollar off what they usually sell for.
if you are looking for passenger train, I have a misb one (with minor shelfwear) for $135 vs the $154 you were thinking of paying today (about 30% off the cdn retail plus tax price).

by the time I got to fairview I did not expect to see much left but wanted to get a double of the winter village post office and obi wan starfighter sets. no obi wan sets left in store but still available online. Was also there to fill the free pick a brick boxes. Saw the city advent set for 20 which is a great price but no investment/collector value at all in getting more than the one set I already bought at chapters for 25. Going to check out troy MI store in a few days and may have better luck in the US.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:27 pm

Was anyone able to get the free booster pack with $75 purchase?

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Luciant wrote:Not sure if it was a joke or not, but in case it wasnt....

Lego Rubber meant the Lego Logo made out of Rubber (but on a magnet).
It was meant to be a joke. I think I saw that once, looks cool even as a fridge magnet or cubicle decor.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 am

Washington Square store had lots of Winter Village Post Offices, some Ninjago Spinners and a few of those Racers sets with a air stomper. Nothing too cracy, but make sure to go to Customer Service and get a coupon book. It has a $5 off $50 coupon that can be used at the LEGO Store. $50.98 for Post Office and no tax is an ok deal I suppose.