Today only VIP Exclusive online-only order offer

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Legobrandon
Count
Count

Today only VIP Exclusive online-only order offer

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Online sale now LIVE! Deals are:

Shop Now: USA | Canada | UK

Spend $49 get FREE SHIPPING!
Spend $100 get FREE SHIPPING + Holiday Set Part 2 of 2
Spend $150 get 10% off you entire purchase, free shipping and holiday set 2 of 2.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Re: Today only VIP Exclusive online-only order offer

Post by evo8hks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:56 pm

I just got an email from Lego: Today only for VIP members: free shipping w/ $49 order, spend $99 get free shipping plus part 2 of holiday set, or spend $149 and up get free shipping + holiday set + 10% off entire order.
Last edited by evo8hks on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 pm

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... 601#p33601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Already posted but I think more members will see it here rather than on my post.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm on the Lego S@H website for Canada and I'm not seeing it currently.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Toronadian wrote:I'm on the Lego S@H website for Canada and I'm not seeing it currently.
http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Black-Friday ... S=postcard

ritzcrackerman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ritzcrackerman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:02 am

I loaded up on my PF motors for my Maersk trains and Emerald Nights - then threw in the new garbage truck to clear out at $101.77.

I'm going to wait until the day after Christmas to go really bananas. There really wasn't anything super appealing about this early sale, 'cept for the holiday set.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:05 am

says HTTPStatus 500

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:29 am

No holiday pick a brick box though :sad:
I think I will wait till black friday! Here's hoping for 50% off :-D

eliminator
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eliminator » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:52 am

Meh, the holiday set is great and all, but not worth a $100+ order at the moment...

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:57 am

I should've asked this earlier, but does LEGO extend online Black Friday sales to countries outside the U.S.? This may be the best time for me to get the Holiday Set Part 2.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 am

eliminator wrote:Meh, the holiday set is great and all, but not worth a $100+ order at the moment...
Thank you for knocking some sense into me. I've been so blinded in wanting an excuse to spend extra just so I can get this 2nd Christmas set.

I was considering the following:

The new Volkswagen T1 Van is probably what I want the most. However, it isn't over the $150 limit to get 10% off. The Pet Shop I like (but not as much as the VW) and it's above $150 (getting me the 10% discount) but it's also more expensive. I could make it cheaper by using the $50 worth of VIP points I have...however I was thinking of saving that for maybe using it to buy the mini-modulars set which doesn't come out until New Year's Day (which by then all the promos will be over).

Also, a note for those planning on using their VIP points...the 10% discount applies PRIOR to you using your VIP points (10% off the original price, NOT 10% off of whatever cost is left with after applying VIP points). So my example with the Pet Shop...it's $199.99 regular, but 10% off is $179.99. Then if I were to apply $50 worth of VIP points, it's $129.99. After that I get taxed on the $129.99, making it around $147 or something.

The amount of VIP points you get though from the purchase is how much your purchase is altogether after all the discounts, before tax. So in the above example, it would get you 129 points.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:20 am

Is it just me or am I expecting more out of these sales that are being PUMPED UP? All of the Black Friday Brick Friday and such sales have been really BAH HUMBUG this year. Maybe I'll just save my money.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:04 am

anakinisvader wrote:Is it just me or am I expecting more out of these sales that are being PUMPED UP? All of the Black Friday Brick Friday and such sales have been really BAH HUMBUG this year. Maybe I'll just save my money.
No, I agree with you. Nothing too exciting. Hopefully boxing day is better, I seem to recall last year that they cleared out a bunch of stuff at decent prices.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:16 pm

anakinisvader wrote:Is it just me or am I expecting more out of these sales that are being PUMPED UP? All of the Black Friday Brick Friday and such sales have been really BAH HUMBUG this year. Maybe I'll just save my money.
Def. pumped up! I think most people are after the 2 of 2 Christmas "exclusive".

eliminator
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eliminator » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm hoping they have the 2/2 holiday set for a couple of weeks yet. I dropped a few things in my shopping cart, but just couldn't justify the order.

Instead, I went to the TRU site and took advantage of the BOGO and $15 off code. I picked up two Maersk trains for $180 total.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:57 am

I did not find anything I wanted for free shipping or 10% off to get the 2nd holiday set except for maersk ship which I knew was sold out, so I went into the Lego store at fairview mall (closest one to me) and asked if the 10155 Maersk ship was still available at Sherway Gardens and if they could ship to me and qualify for the holiday set. They said holiday set was available online only, holiday sets won't be available in stores until next week, and that lego store cannot ship to me for free. After founding out they had only one more set left and I knew it was retired, I had to have it in my collection, so I drove all the way out across town to get it.

Nice suprise was that the lego store had a promotion where you buy $75 or over and you get 2 pick a brick holiday boxes! The boxes come flattened in a gift envelope that you can give as a gift or keep for yourself. This may be old news but I don't pay attention to the monthly calendars for upcoming deals. The only stipulation is that you can only fill the box between Dec 26, 2011 and March 31, 2012. The boxes were probably worth about $10-15 dollars worth of bricks and combined with my $10 vip deduction, I was pretty satisfied. After checking ebay to see the value was at around $200usd for this set, I was even happier!

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 am

Is it just me or does the Santa's beard make him look like an angry one? LOL

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:24 am

I think it's the look on his face!!!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:37 am

starfire2 wrote:I think it's the look on his face!!!
Reminds me of the Santa on Futurama....
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com