[USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before Black/Brick Friday

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Post Reply
that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 am

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by that guy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Q: What about VIP members who didn’t get an invite?

A: All LEGO VIPs will be allowed early access through Shop.LEGO.com on Saturday, November 19th so even if they did not receive a LEGO Store invite, they will still be able to shop early and receive all of the Black Friday deals and promotions.

Still happy I was chosen but now I feel less warm and fuzzy than last night.... :cry:

User avatar
peanut
Knight
Knight
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:17 pm
Location: Washington state

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by peanut » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Do you think they will allow customers to buy more than 5 of the part 1 Holiday sets, excluding them from the announced 5 per set limit? That would be kinda cool even though as usual I feel a little duped spending $100 to get part 1 when a few weeks later it can be picked up for $10. I'd feel really silly to do that again knowing it will probably be the same with part 2. Part 1 was available for longer than the announced 4 day window to get part 2 and they didn't run out since they are now unloading them which makes me assume they will have part 2 leftovers as well. Nothing new there I guess when it comes to 'exclusives' heheh.

It's hit or miss for me when it comes to getting the employee to allow 2 promotional offers on one transaction ie: PAB box and part 2 of 2 Holiday set. Some are cool and some say no. And if I'm using a coupon or something on top of that they almost always shun giving both freebies but I know that's a YMMV situation. Either way shopping online on the 19th leaves out the scratch card part so it looks like I will be braving the masses after all...Unless of course there will be some kind of online equiv to the scratch card and then this is all moot :think:

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Oh, so early access for all VIP members? That sounds good. But I am worried that most items will be sold out even before I wake up. Well that is only if the deals are amazing.
Image

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by calvinwashere2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:51 pm

atmail35 wrote:
anthonyj8 wrote:Would you be allowed to go even if you didn't get an invite? I know you wouldn't be able to have all of the special offers, but is there going to be a set of hours at the Lego Store where only VIPs are allowed?
I don't think you can "get in" without the invite. They don't want extra people taking up space. The "event" is only for one hour 9-10am at the store I was invited to (and the store is not normally open at that hour). I'm not sure why anyone would want to go if you can't get the "deals", that would be pointless no?
You can get in IF you are a guest of someone who has an invite. The invited are allowed ONE guest and that guest gets the same benefit as the invited person. At least that's how I read the invitation.

notenoughbricks
I'm New !
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:46 am
Location: New York

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by notenoughbricks » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:39 pm

mterr1
Sorry I couldn't send you a private message. I am new here and don't have that ability yet.
I have a couple of LUGmates in mind for my plus 1 so I am sorry that I cannot offer you the slot. I wouldn't mind doing so if I haven't already offered it to 2 friends already.
Nothing stopping you though from joining us at a meeting in the near future.

User avatar
peanut
Knight
Knight
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:17 pm
Location: Washington state

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by peanut » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Oh, so early access for all VIP members? That sounds good. But I am worried that most items will be sold out even before I wake up. Well that is only if the deals are amazing.
I don't see why there would be a mad rush on sets for such a meager discount but maybe there will be some surprises.

Turd
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by Turd » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Re-stocked 10179 @ $200 !!! :D :D :D

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by calvinwashere2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Turd wrote:Re-stocked 10179 @ $200 !!! :D :D :D
I'll take 5! :lol:

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by Toronadian » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:54 pm

A somewhat related note but if I remember correctly from reading somewhere, Black Friday is the weekend when they're also going to release that second Christmas promo set (the first one was with the purchases of over $99 during October) right?

Now, over at Eurobricks I read that in Canada that 2nd Christmas promo set is also going to become available to us also on that weekend. I'm just wondering for us Canadians is it ONLY available that specific weekend or what?

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Turd wrote:Re-stocked 10179 @ $200 !!! :D :D :D
Where?
Image

that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 am

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by that guy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Legobrandon wrote:
Turd wrote:Re-stocked 10179 @ $200 !!! :D :D :D
Where?
probably over at youareindreamland.lego.com/10179 :crazy:

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 pm

that guy wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:
Turd wrote:Re-stocked 10179 @ $200 !!! :D :D :D
Where?
probably over at youareindreamland.lego.com/10179 :crazy:
I thought he was serious. :sad: I am so gullible.
Image

Turd
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by Turd » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Legobrandon wrote:
that guy wrote:
Legobrandon wrote:
Turd wrote:Re-stocked 10179 @ $200 !!! :D :D :D
Where?
probably over at youareindreamland.lego.com/10179 :crazy:
I thought he was serious. :sad: I am so gullible.
SORRY! :(

You'll need a time machine for it. :crazy:

sjhapke
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO (USA)

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by sjhapke » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:44 am

natelite wrote:the positive from this is that you can get part 1 of the holiday set for $9.99. this changes everything. i'll just get 15 of these to qualify for the 10% off $149 + scratch card + pab box + 1x part 2 of the holiday set.
According to shop@home, the part 1 holiday set is completely sold out. They could not replace a damaged one for me, and I have heard of several people who did not receive theirs because they were all gone.

mterr1
I'm New !
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by mterr1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:01 am

notenoughbricks wrote:mterr1
Sorry I couldn't send you a private message. I am new here and don't have that ability yet.
I have a couple of LUGmates in mind for my plus 1 so I am sorry that I cannot offer you the slot. I wouldn't mind doing so if I haven't already offered it to 2 friends already.
Nothing stopping you though from joining us at a meeting in the near future.
Not a problem at all, figured you had somebody in mind just gave it a shot. Hope you get a healthy discount scratch card.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by Ice » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 am

Our LEGO Rep just got back to us with the following answers. Any more questions, please let me know and I will forward it to him.
Q: How were the VIP members chosen?
A: They were selected on the basis they were in the top 25 VIP members for their local store based on engagement and purchases since joining LEGO VIP and part of the top 5% of VIPs globally.

Q: What type of specials are the LBR Stores offering for "Brick Friday?"
A:
  • 10% off of all purchases over $149.
  • Free Gift with Purchase Holiday Set 2 (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3300002-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) with purchases over $99 - Limit one per person.
  • Free Holiday Pick-a-Brick Box with purchases over $75.
  • Pull Cards (scratch cards) for all guests, increments of 10%, 25% & 50% off entire purchase.
  • The Holiday Gift with Purchase Set 1 (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3300020-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on sale for $9.99 during the event.
Please know that any further details into the selection process are unable to be shared externally.

sjhapke
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO (USA)

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by sjhapke » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:13 am

Ice wrote:The Holiday Gift with Purchase Set 1 (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3300020-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on sale for $9.99 during the event.
How are they able to make this offer when Shop at Home cannot replace a damaged one for me - they say they were completely sold out? That is what I would like to know.

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by calvinwashere2 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 am

Sjhapke: That's easy...Lego is a $$ making enterprise...they made more....so what they told you was probably 100% correct at the time, but so is being able to make more. Probably you can now go back and ask for replacement when they have it in stock, I'll be suprised if they couldn't take care of you then. Hard to say it's out of stock if it's in front of you right? ;)

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by atmail35 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:22 am

calvinwashere2 wrote:
atmail35 wrote:
anthonyj8 wrote:Would you be allowed to go even if you didn't get an invite? I know you wouldn't be able to have all of the special offers, but is there going to be a set of hours at the Lego Store where only VIPs are allowed?
I don't think you can "get in" without the invite. They don't want extra people taking up space. The "event" is only for one hour 9-10am at the store I was invited to (and the store is not normally open at that hour). I'm not sure why anyone would want to go if you can't get the "deals", that would be pointless no?
You can get in IF you are a guest of someone who has an invite. The invited are allowed ONE guest and that guest gets the same benefit as the invited person. At least that's how I read the invitation.
Yes, you are correct, one can go as a guest if someone you know was invited. However, it sounded like anthonyj8 was asking if he could just walk in and look around and not get the offers (I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that though).

User avatar
anthonyj8
Knight
Knight
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:11 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by anthonyj8 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:06 pm

atmail35 wrote:
calvinwashere2 wrote:
atmail35 wrote:
anthonyj8 wrote:Would you be allowed to go even if you didn't get an invite? I know you wouldn't be able to have all of the special offers, but is there going to be a set of hours at the Lego Store where only VIPs are allowed?
I don't think you can "get in" without the invite. They don't want extra people taking up space. The "event" is only for one hour 9-10am at the store I was invited to (and the store is not normally open at that hour). I'm not sure why anyone would want to go if you can't get the "deals", that would be pointless no?
You can get in IF you are a guest of someone who has an invite. The invited are allowed ONE guest and that guest gets the same benefit as the invited person. At least that's how I read the invitation.
Yes, you are correct, one can go as a guest if someone you know was invited. However, it sounded like anthonyj8 was asking if he could just walk in and look around and not get the offers (I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that though).
What I meant was, would the event be going on while regular LEGO customers are shopping, during store hours? You could put what I was trying to originally say into this question: Would someone who was not invited, or who is not a guest of the invited VIP, be rejected at the store doors?
I've had these questions answered, and I'm sorry for the confusion.
:-)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests