[USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before Black/Brick Friday

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
dirkdigler
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Special Invitation for VIP Members to shop before

Post by dirkdigler » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:22 pm

I got mine today! Scratch ticket 50% off I'm on my way!

that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by that guy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:38 pm

So seriously. Let's think that morning through. Doors open at 9, after I.D. checks we all get in by 9:10. Now, just one person will take about 20-30 mins (minimum) to pick out stuff, figure out the deals and have merch pulled from the back. Then add 5-10 mins scanning and ringing up their sale. Now multiply times 30-50 and I just don't understand how this is gonna work in 50 minutes for everyone??? I mean, it took me 4 hours last day after Christmas just to spend $4k. It took that long for them to pull merch out of the back. So how it'll go I have no idea but I'll still be there to have fun either way.

Turd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Turd » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 pm

dirkdigler wrote:I got mine today! Scratch ticket 50% off I'm on my way!
Wow does that mean you can buy $5,000 of items for $2500!?

That's amazingly lucky!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:01 am

Spending limit is $5000 and may not purchase more than 5 of one item.
If you can only buy 5 items, how can you even spend $5000? Am I missing something or is there some new $1000 sets now?

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:15 am

Ice wrote:
Spending limit is $5000 and may not purchase more than 5 of one item.
If you can only buy 5 items, how can you even spend $5000? Am I missing something or is there some new $1000 sets now?
I think it means that you can't spend more than 5 of the same item.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:24 am

My bad, I should have read it more carefully. :oops:

dirkdigler
I'm New !

Post by dirkdigler » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 am

That is to say IF I get the lucky 50% ticket! I feel like I the kid in Willie wonka and the chocolate Factory! The thing in the mail and all the craziness! But, it is all so LEGO can get more money out of me, And you know what..... It works!

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:22 am

that guy wrote:So seriously. Let's think that morning through. Doors open at 9, after I.D. checks we all get in by 9:10. Now, just one person will take about 20-30 mins (minimum) to pick out stuff, figure out the deals and have merch pulled from the back. Then add 5-10 mins scanning and ringing up their sale. Now multiply times 30-50 and I just don't understand how this is gonna work in 50 minutes for everyone??? I mean, it took me 4 hours last day after Christmas just to spend $4k. It took that long for them to pull merch out of the back. So how it'll go I have no idea but I'll still be there to have fun either way.
That is cracy. With 50 minutes, each person (assuming 25) gets 2 minutes at the checkout if they all start lining up for checkout at the beginning. But there is no way how someone can just walk in and checkout. Everyone needs time to grab the sets and decides which ones to get. How is this going to even work in 1 hour? :eh:

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:37 am

well, i'm not going because the invitation i got is for nyc. there's extra city sales tax and city price mark up. ridiculous that i am going to spend more money to get there (parking, toll, etc) and then spend even more on sales tax and more mark ups.

i'll just go to the regular store during bf. it's not that bad at lego store since it's not drop dead bargain.

the invitation ticket doesn't have your name so in theory you can register someone else.

that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by that guy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am

natelite wrote:
...the invitation ticket doesn't have your name so in theory you can register someone else.
You can't do that because each store has the actual list of who is supposed to be coming and they check you off against that when you call to register and once again reminded me to bring I.D. with me.

JAYMATIK
Peasant
Peasant

Post by JAYMATIK » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 am

natelite wrote:the invitation ticket doesn't have your name so in theory you can register someone else.
The invitation may not have your name, but each store has a list of names of who was invited. So regsitering someone else definitely will not work. The card does say you can bring a guess, but you would still need to go.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:11 am

Well, no invite for me yesterday or today.

I had been feeling lately that I've been spending way too much on LEGO lately. Apparently not enough to meet this threshold. :lol:

legonut24
I'm New !

Post by legonut24 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 am

I think many stores will have clearance sales for items on the way out like last year. Also I think there will be many damage box sets that they sell for big discounts on that day. UPS ships some of there stuff! Cause Lego knows that the VIP will love to buy them. Just like someone said it doesn't matter how much you spend to get a VIP card. It might be how much times you go into the LEGO store per year etc. They can scan it using your VIP card and know total dates you enter, and amounts purchased. etc. That's why I think just not the scratch off cards can draw the frenzy over this event. I know that I would love to get damage box Legos for a bigger discount then the 10-20% scratch offs the 99% of BF people get, and not worry about pieces missing etc.

I think Lego knows these VIP are there bread and butter and buy many sets for there collection.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am

Well I haven't seen anything in the mail yet so I'm guessin' with my luck and deals - there will be no invite. :eek: :shock: :mad: :cry: :evil: :what?:

that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by that guy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah I too am hoping for a large open/damage box sale like they do during some of the "con/fests" that occur near stores. That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Well, didn't get one either. Oh well.

Have fun guys- and remember the little people!

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:23 pm

dirkdigler wrote:I got mine today! Scratch ticket 50% off I'm on my way!
This might mean 50% off one item.

No invite in the mail today, so I probably won't end up going.:sad: Congrats to those who will.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm

actually there's a Q&A at fbtb.net which spells out what you need to do to get invited. apparently it's for the top spenders of the VIP program. it says top 5% of VIP globally! wow...it kinda proves i spend way too much. :-D i guess it doesn't really work for wholesalers who get special pricing. this program is for members who pay msrp or close to msrp.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm

over on brickset a rep from LEGO was answering some questions (someone else has already mentioned that while typing this) and one of the things he said was all VIP's will be eligible for early access to shop.lego.com on Saturday the 19th and receive all the Brick Friday deals and promotions that the early invitees and BF shoppers receive.

Wow sweet I don't have to venture to the mall! But they don't have an online version of the scratch off cards do they? Fairly sure those are only handed out in person. So we are only looking at 10% off purchases of $150 or more whereas in person you would get at least 20% with the scratch card stacked on the 10% off. I am the only one not excited? They gave out 10% off coupons on last months catalog and there were no minimum purchase requirements.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:07 pm

the positive from this is that you can get part 1 of the holiday set for $9.99. this changes everything. i'll just get 15 of these to qualify for the 10% off $149 + scratch card + pab box + 1x part 2 of the holiday set.

maybe get a few of the mystery parts bags and will see what unique sets are sold.