2012 LEGO Super Heroes DK (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: 2012 LEGO Super Heroes (January)

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:57 am

Superman with lex in a robot. so cool.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

hankdelsi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hankdelsi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:17 am

anthonyj8 wrote:LEGO 6858 Batman vs. Catwoman (DC 1) seems a lot like the set 7779 The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit from 2006. Plus they both retailed for around $10. I wonder how different they'll be. :what?:

other batman sets appear to be reproductions to some extent of old batman sets, but hey i never got some of them.

looks like bizarro is in that lex luther set as well.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 am

hankdelsi wrote:looks like bizarro is in that lex luther set as well.
Actually, I think thats just a bad picture of Superman. He appears to have those lines down his face for cheeks, which combined with a grimace on his face, (or snarl, or whatever it is) looks like Bizarro. Bizzaro would be cool though.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

esurient
I'm New !

Post by esurient » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:08 am

Really disappointed with the current box art and the colours and the designs of the sets. All the hype about superheroes really gone down the drain. The sets just looked like recreations of the older sets and failed to impress.

es1
I'm New !

Post by es1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:57 pm

I was kinda hoping they'd do the Hall of Justice from the old SuperFriends cartoon. That would go nicely if done to a scale compatible with the rest of Lego City.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:48 am

esurient wrote:Really disappointed with the current box art and the colours and the designs of the sets. All the hype about superheroes really gone down the drain. The sets just looked like recreations of the older sets and failed to impress.
translation:

"All the money I invested in 2006 Batman sets just went down the drain since the new sets will be hundred of dollars cheaper and look similar."

nice one bro.

seriously, if you don't like these new DC universe sets, maybe Lego isn't for you.

The Superman set is absolutely fantastic. LEX In POWERSUIT!! With Wonder woman for $20????

AWESOME!!

My kids can actually afford these sets with a few weeks allowance.

esurient
I'm New !

Post by esurient » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:45 pm

^ you have got it wrong buddy. I did not own any batman 2006 sets except the magnet sets.

CORRECTION: The new minifigs at comic con were fantastic, the theme is super cool. And if you look closely at the box art, they weren't the minifigs seen at comic con, esp batman. Maybe they were just prelim images. I am just hoping they would use the new minifigs instead of the old ones.

"seriously, if you don't like these new DC universe sets, maybe Lego isn't for you."
if you wish to interpret it in such a negative way, I can't do anything about it ;P

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:59 am

esurient wrote:Really disappointed with the current box art and the colours and the designs of the sets...
I think the box designs look like comics and I think that is cool.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:13 am

ncbarrett wrote:
esurient wrote:Really disappointed with the current box art and the colours and the designs of the sets...
Where is everyone seeing the bos designs?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:16 am

TClone wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:
Where is everyone seeing the bos designs?
It is on page one of the post.

Hotspur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Hotspur » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:22 pm

hatcher wrote:Hmm, so wonder woman will be in the superman versus lex luthor set eh? I always suspected Big Red and WW had something going on on the side. ;-) :shh: Don't tell Lois. I hear she's mighty jealous.
In the Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns/The Dark Knight Strikes Again comics, Superman and Wonder Woman are an item, with kids!

Hotspur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Hotspur » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:24 pm

es1 wrote:I was kinda hoping they'd do the Hall of Justice from the old SuperFriends cartoon. That would go nicely if done to a scale compatible with the rest of Lego City.
Yeah, I was hoping for a Modular Building Scale UCS of that, or the Fortress of Solitude. But after seeing that amazing 9000+ piece Batcave MoC that surfaced a few months ago, I'm just going to build my own.

Still hoping to find more clearance Atlantis sets for propellers, so that I can build a minifig scale SHIELD heli-carrier when Marvel comes out. Stay tuned.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Will SOMEBODY tell me why LEGO isn't doing Teen Titans?

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:36 am

esurient wrote:^ you have got it wrong buddy. I did not own any batman 2006 sets except the magnet sets.

CORRECTION: The new minifigs at comic con were fantastic, the theme is super cool. And if you look closely at the box art, they weren't the minifigs seen at comic con, esp batman. Maybe they were just prelim images. I am just hoping they would use the new minifigs instead of the old ones.

"seriously, if you don't like these new DC universe sets, maybe Lego isn't for you."
if you wish to interpret it in such a negative way, I can't do anything about it ;P
I apologize! I was out of line, and should not have been so harsh.
I'm not a bad guy, but after rereading what I wrote, it came off sort of mean.

For me personally, and my kids, I'm happy we got updated versions of the 2006 sets.

We never liked the fact the 2006 Batmobile had stickers for headlights, and tubes on the sides.
I eventually modded it to sort of resemble this new design, by putting yellow bricks (and some black) on the front.

Out of all the 2006 sets, the one that has really stood out over the years (ie we kept on display) was the Tumbler.

From the preliminary images it looks like we'll be displaying 6864 6862 and 6860(with the Tumbler of course). This Batcave has more of a dynamic feel to it, less clunky, the holding cell is more 'comic feel' as are the segmented areas that say "Bat Gear", the computer area is tighter, and overall, this new Batcave reminds me of Frank Miller's Dark knight as well as Tim Burton's first installment on the big screen. I can picture Michael Keaton sitting in that chair! Bane's Drill vehicle is awesome and innovative (Power Miners anyone!) At the same time it isnt a 1000 pieces of randomness which the old Batcave is.

The Bank scene, Batmobile and Two-Faces vehicle in 6864 is a vast improvement.

Hopefully the Batwing will have a similar stand like the 2006 version so it can be displayed as well but I don't think TLG will add the elements. I'm happy with the 2006 Batwing in general but if this new one proves to be both sturdy and swooshable we'll be displaying not only the 2006 Tumbler and 2011 Batmobile, but also the 2011 Batwing, with the 2011 Batcave as a center piece. Arguably the 3 most iconic Batman vehicles of both film and comic lore spanning the last 2 decades.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:47 pm

wow...the new superman figure looks ugly. i'm not sure if it's the facial prints or the hairpiece but it just look terrible. i really hope the set version will not be the same as the ny comic con version.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:32 pm

We all envy the attendees of the New York Comic Con, going this weekend, for some will be recieving a Lego Superman figure. A Lego Batman figure and a Green Lanten minifigure will also be given away, just like at San Diego Comic Con, earlier this year. To see pictures, follow this link: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/12/superman ... -unveiled/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Its not yet been announced how Lego will distribute these, but I'm sure there wil be much mayhem.
Thanks for reading, and for the record, I think the new Superman looks incredible. :clap:

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Variety has an article regarding the upcoming LEGO Super Heroes theme. (via Brickset) According to the article, Warner Brothers and LEGO will distribute 200 LEGO Superman Minifigures to New York Comic Con attendees which runs from October 13-16. The new LEGO Super Heroes 6860 Batcave will also be revealed during Comic Con 2011.

As a little teaser, they have an image of the LEGO Superman Minifigure as well as a picture of the 2012 LEGO Batcave 6860 set. All LEGO DC Comics sets are scheduled to be released January 2012. Please note that prices are based on our estimates only.
Toys N Bricks wrote: LEGO 6860 The Batcave - DC 2 ($69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD / £61.99 GBP)

LEGO Superman Minifigure (Comic Con Exclusive)
*First post updated with these images.

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Batcave is kinda small... Wish Lego made it bigger.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:14 pm

hmmm...more like interior of part of the bat cave.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:41 pm

peanut wrote:hmmm...more like interior of part of the bat cave.
Yeah, it is. I mean, I like all the gear and 'bat-tech' in there, but it would be a lot cooler if there was an actual cave to surround it all. It's kinda more like Batscaffolding than a Batcave.