[USA] Toysrus Bricktober Week 2 for Oct 9-15

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA] Toysrus Bricktober Week 2 for Oct 9-15

Post by funnypeople » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Weak sale this week...

-25% off Games Hogwarts, Atlantis Treasure, Creationary, Ramses Pyramid, Minotaurus
-Free Ninjago Battle Arena with ANY LEGO construction set purchase of $50 or more
-Free Forestman Bricktober Magnet with ANY total LEGO construction of $20 or more

Cars Build Event
-Use LEGO bricks to build America spy car, Rod "Torque" Redline, from CARS 2 and take it home!
-Saturday, October 15 from 2-4pm

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Toysrus Bricktober Week 2 for Oct 9-15

Post by UnknownUser » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Already mentioned, although the 25% games part is new to me.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:38 pm

I really wish I had the money to buy somethnig last week. Such good deals. This week is a little weak.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:37 pm

^ My thoughts exactly!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 am

I would pick up a game or two at 25% off... if they didn't have TRU tax which makes them really only like 17% off. The TRU coupon expired already and we have another week before the new TRU rewards are released... I wonder why they decided to fall so flat on their sales this week?
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:53 pm

I bought my quota of Minifigures and was stonewalled on the Bricktober magnet. According to 'the mans' rules minifigures don't count as Lego construction. That seems like a gray area, I wonder if Lego approves of that definition.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Amazing. TRU "won" by having one extra minifig magnet sitting in a cardboard box. Why is it so hard for them to get customer service right?

kevin7215
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin7215 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:58 pm

I bought 8 minifigures today for $20 and got the magnet. Nothing else was a good deal.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:24 am

I bought a Bounty Gunship for $52.99 just to get the free Ninjago Battle Arena and Magnet. Next week, I'll return the Gunship and purchase something decent on sale.... this week was pathetic.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 am

I had $10 in rewards bucks that expire on the 15th and I had a hard time finding something to buy!

I ended up with an overpriced $20.99 Tank Truck 3180 b/c the $19.99 sets were a penny short and the CMF sale was over. Since they had the Bricktober magnet available, I had the $10 and some merchandise credit, I decided to get it since we don't have it. I did find it disappointing though, eventhough I did not have to pay any $$ out of pocket....sigh.

I hope they have a decent sale next week, b/c I feel sucked in to buy something to get the stupid magnet now that I have 2 of the 4 :lol:no

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:09 am

i got both the ninja princess and the forestman thru the cmf 2 for $5 sale. used my coupons as well, so ended up with 16 mfs and 2 magnet figs for a pretty good deal. i think was like $10 or something. took the time to collect mostly evil dwarves. :-P both ninja princess and forestman are easy to salvage since they have non-printed legs. just remove the legs and replace them with new legs and you're done.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:14 am

natelite wrote:... both ninja princess and forestman are easy to salvage since they have non-printed legs. just remove the legs and replace them with new legs and you're done.
So the body is not adhered to the legs?
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:33 am

ncbarrett wrote:
natelite wrote:... both ninja princess and forestman are easy to salvage since they have non-printed legs. just remove the legs and replace them with new legs and you're done.
So the body is not adhered to the legs?
it is. you can remove the figure using the hot water method to dissolve the glue and remove the figure from the magnet base. after which, you just replace the legs (the legs are made up of 3 parts - left leg, right leg and hip) by removing them from the hip piece. or simply just replace the entire leg piece.

hankdelsi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hankdelsi » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:05 am

Luciant wrote:I bought a Bounty Gunship for $52.99 just to get the free Ninjago Battle Arena and Magnet. Next week, I'll return the Gunship and purchase something decent on sale.... this week was pathetic.
lucky you, they didn't give me the fig promo, said it couldn't be combined with the ninjago promo. mine was online and i spoke to a rep after noticing it wasn't included.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:27 am

I've had the same issue before. Online they won't do combinations of deals / freebies. Even if it's just Free shipping, you gotta remove the give-away. For giveaways I just go to by brick and mortar store to make sure if there is multiple deals, I can get them, as they NEVER give me any hard time.... and I'm there buying and returning like I work there.