LEGO Brandenburg Gate & Robie House - Now Available

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Brandenburg Gate & Robie House - Now Available

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 pm

The 2 new LEGO Architecture sets are now available for sale at LEGOShop in all countries. Order before September 18 and you'll receive FREE Shipping and 50 bonus VIP points on orders above $75/£50.

LEGO 21011 Brandenburg Gate
Buy Now: $34.99 USA | $44.99 Canada | £34.99 UK

LEGO 21010 Robie House
Buy Now: $199.99 USA | $249.99 Canada | £169.99 UK

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-brandenburg ... -available" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Brandenburg Gate & Robie House - Now Available

Post by Blacknight » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 am

That price (especially in Canada) for Robie House is ridiculous.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:06 am

Blacknight wrote:That price (especially in Canada) for Robie House is ridiculous.
Yep. :problem:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:08 am

This made me LOL :lol:

Shouldn't it be 'small pieces'?

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:22 am

Actually, I don't think the price for Robie House is so bad. It's about 11 cents per piece, which is pretty good for large sets in Canada. I'll definitely be ordering one, just not through LEGO. Brandenburg Gate is a little less good, and it's a less desirable set to begin with, so I won't be picking that up, unless BN includes it in coupons again.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:39 am

QuagsireQing wrote:Actually, I don't think the price for Robie House is so bad. It's about 11 cents per piece, which is pretty good for large sets in Canada. I'll definitely be ordering one, just not through LEGO. Brandenburg Gate is a little less good, and it's a less desirable set to begin with, so I won't be picking that up, unless BN includes it in coupons again.
bn actually has the brandenburg gate for $29.95 vs 34.99 so bn is the way to go for sure with or without coupons and for both US and can. Fallingwater was the only set prior that bn had less than lego msrp. (89 vs 99)

typo
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by typo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:39 am

The Robie House is $161 at TRU...

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:29 am

ricefields wrote:
QuagsireQing wrote:Actually, I don't think the price for Robie House is so bad. It's about 11 cents per piece, which is pretty good for large sets in Canada. I'll definitely be ordering one, just not through LEGO. Brandenburg Gate is a little less good, and it's a less desirable set to begin with, so I won't be picking that up, unless BN includes it in coupons again.
bn actually has the brandenburg gate for $29.95 vs 34.99 so bn is the way to go for sure with or without coupons and for both US and can. Fallingwater was the only set prior that bn had less than lego msrp. (89 vs 99)
I just checked BN.com and the Brandenburg Gate is 34.95 there and doesn't qualify for coupons - given that BN has a very bad track record with shipping damage it's probably best to spend a few extra bucks to get the set undamaged...

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Most (if not all) B&M stores usually sell the Architecture line. I would assume that eventually they will get these for sale, and you should have no problem using the coupon on them after that point.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:18 am

harry99 wrote:given that BN has a very bad track record with shipping damage it's probably best to spend a few extra bucks to get the set undamaged...
double negative. I think you meant to say good track record shipping damaged goods...

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:15 am

True - sorry, that's what I meant - too early in the morning to type! Several of my BN orders to Canada (Ontario) have arrived badly damaged. So BN has indeed a great track record shipping damaged goods. I believe it's the low-cost carried they choose. They probably fill an entire container with parcels and don't care if the heavy stuff on the top squishes the light stuff on the bottom...

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:44 am

i think it's more the operator than the shipper. tru ships using ups. and sometimes the boxes came like they were airdropped in a war zone. and sometimes the driver carefully ring my doorbell and placed the boxes on the front porch. same shipper, different driver = different condition.