LEGO Store: Free Alien Conquest Brick with Foursquare

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
atmail35
Duke
Duke

LEGO Store: Free Alien Conquest Brick with Foursquare

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:17 pm

The Lego Store did this one weekend in August, but I noticed that they are still offering the deal if you check in for the first time.
If it's your first time to the LEGO Store, Welcome! Check-in and receive an Exclusive Alien Conquest Collector Brick! Thanks for stopping by, be sure to introduce yourself to a LEGO Store associate!
You download the app on your smartphone and "check-in" when you are in the store. You "unlock" this offer and show it to an associate on your phone and claim your brick, while supplies last.

Go to http://www.foursquare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for info on how to download the app.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Store: Free Alien Conquest Brick with Foursquare

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 am

I was hoping I could get one of these, but you can only do it if you have a smartphone, huh? That's annoying (I don't have one).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:22 am

vynsane wrote:I was hoping I could get one of these, but you can only do it if you have a smartphone, huh? That's annoying (I don't have one).
DITTO. :down:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:40 am

I guess you do need a smartphone. Maybe ask a friend who has one?

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:11 pm

wow i had no idea this was still available. I hope it works tomorrow!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 am

I hope a lot of people take advanatage of the Foursquare offer because it makes me think that if it is successful for them they will offer other promos. I still think the concept of foursquare is kind of lame but I'll do it for these freebies.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:51 am

I'm going to the Santa Clara, CA store at lunch in a little bit here. I've got foursquare set up and ready to check in. I'll see what happens...

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 pm

any luck? I wasn't able to make it in to the store today.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:18 am

I just got my brick today at the Costa Mesa, CA store. Seems like they didn't have many left but it won't hurt to try! The August calendar said it was a duplo brick but thankfully that's wrong; it's a regular 2x4x3 brick.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Zeya wrote:I'm going to the Santa Clara, CA store at lunch in a little bit here. I've got foursquare set up and ready to check in. I'll see what happens...
Turns out I forgot on Friday but I went again today (Saturday)! I did the Foursquare thing at checkout and the girl said they were out of the promo bricks but gave me a sweet city polybag instead! Score. Its 30012, some guy in a weird flying contraption. Strange set but maybe better than that promo brick - more useful at least.

PS I got a Grand Emporium and a Creator Hillside House. Anniversary gift from my baby. :wave:

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 am

I just did this at the Lego store in Sherway Gardens (Toronto). They still have some available. They also have the Super Star Destroy on display. It's Huge! The minifigs do go inside, but it's certainly not minifig scale.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Tried it on Tuesday when we took the kids for the mini-build in Concord NC. They said they didn't have any left. The older guy behind the counter had to ask the younger guy, who I know for a fact is a collector himself. They didn't seem like they had their stories straight, so to speak, and I'm not convinced they really were out. Does anyone have a picture of it or an extra? I'm really digging the Alien Conquest theme.

They also were out of the Microlight mini-plane thing, but gave me a Kingdoms target practice instead. :zzz:
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

possum wrote:Tried it on Tuesday when we took the kids for the mini-build in Concord NC. They said they didn't have any left. The older guy behind the counter had to ask the younger guy, who I know for a fact is a collector himself. They didn't seem like they had their stories straight, so to speak, and I'm not convinced they really were out. Does anyone have a picture of it or an extra? I'm really digging the Alien Conquest theme.

They also were out of the Microlight mini-plane thing, but gave me a Kingdoms target practice instead. :zzz:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30144pb107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:44 pm

I got one last weekend at the Portland OR area store when I was driving through. The young employee pretending to straighten boxes and be invisible in the corner of the store acted really put out, insisted they didn't have any, and didn't even look to see if I had checked in with the app which surprised me a little because usually LEGO employees are really nice. But he came out of the back with one so I left happy :up:

edit: here is a shot of it in the bag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.