[USA] BN Instores Kids Club Coupon 30% off MSRP on LEGO

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [WORLD] BN.com 30% off USA MSRP on Non-Licensed LEGO

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:22 am

The coupon takes 30% off one item (always the most expensive eligible item).

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:00 am

Are people using this coupon without a Kid's Club membership? In a brick & mortar store?

kevin7215
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin7215 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:15 am

Online you do not need a kids club membership. In the store, it is up to whoever checks you out if they ask for it.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 am

Mantisking wrote:Are people using this coupon without a Kid's Club membership? In a brick & mortar store?
At the B&N in Walpole, I have had success in using the kids club coupon w/out membership. I just say I forgot my card and that I don't give out my phone number. I think last time I was told they can't look it up via e-mail (it was the first time I was using the coupon and actually wanted credit for it)? I'd start out w/ saying that you don't have your card or that you never received it in the mail and go from there.

I also bought a set in Framingham, but I think it was that "roulette" coupon and not the kids club.

PTSandman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by PTSandman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 am

Both coupons are only taking 10% off now.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:51 am

PTSandman wrote:Both coupons are only taking 10% off now.
It still take off 30%
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 am

macmon wrote:Just like to ask. So if you order more than 2 items that are eligible for the code, the 30 percent will be for the total of all the eligible items? As long as it is in 1 transaction?
Its only for one item. So it may be a better deal if you place multiple transactions separately. There are 2 codes right now and you can use different emails if you used them already. ;)

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 pm

kevin7215 wrote:Online you do not need a kids club membership. In the store, it is up to whoever checks you out if they ask for it.
to add to this, everyone should get a kids club membership for online shopping or using the coupon at a store; its free and you get $5 for every $100 spent to a maximum of 4 rewards per year or $20 free cash. So why decline free money/bonus? Once you have free membership, you don't have to present a card when buying at a bn store. You can say you sign up online and did not request one (you can request one and they will ship it for free). Without one, clerk will likely ask for your phone number, which is tied to your bn account (again free) or your kids club membership if you had asked them to ship a card.

And to answer another question from another post, I have successfully used the coupon on licensed sets in the store - bought the HP hogwarts express train set.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:10 pm

PTSandman wrote:Both coupons are only taking 10% off now.
Keep in mind that if you are using the coupon on an item that is already discounted (like the Republic Frigate) the discount is applied to the item's list price, not the discounted price.

gator06
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gator06 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Luciant wrote:
gator06 wrote:that ninjago fire temple looks pretty good, but I'm tempted to get a kings castle even though I already have one. Ninjas or Knights? Does anyone know how often B&N adds new lego sets. Do you think there is any chance of them adding the death star or the grand emporium or something like that?
I say go with the Castle. Fire temple will be out for a while, and who knows what killer deals Black Friday and weeks before Christmas will have with the Economy still in shambles... they've been lighting up the deals this year and I expect some madness because of it this holiday season, so I'm holding off on getting many of the new sets and just making sure I load up on the stuff that is going out of print soon.

Castle should be on it's way out soon, as I don't see many stores refreshing their stocks, but I could be wrong. I just feel that the first Kingdoms wave is now gone, while they are releasing the new wave.
That sounds like good logic, I love the castle sets, I don't have much experience with the clearance/sale cycles. I've only been buying them again for the past several months. To me, 30% off seems like a great deal. In fact, it seems that any price below about 9-10 cents per piece is pretty good. Its hard for me to resist a 30% off sale.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 pm

I completely agree with you Gator. I'm still semi-new to AFOL Lego Hunting.. just got back myself last November, so just about to hit my 1 year awakened mark :) But from what I've seen / read, the sales we've seen so far this year are a step above what they've usually offered.

I'm OCD and keep myself busy at work by sorting my buying into lists to help me keep track of what I have, what I've paid, etc. That way if a better deal pops up, I can get it and return the previous one, etc. From my data, you really shouldn't buy any set at less than 25% off MSRP because you can generally get 25%-30% via TRU BOGO sales or B&N sales. Generally 30% is a great deal as your only going to get better with a clearance or BOGO (and return the other item) offer. I've just WAY over-extended myself buying up sets thinking I was getting great deals, only to see the same deal offered later....I've moved to trying to focus on the sets I don't have that are relatively older and only buying newer sets on super-great deals.

The exception to the rule is 1) Discontinued sets or ones that will be very soon... better to pull the trigger at full MSRP than waiting for a deal that doesn't come only to pay 125% of MSRP to get it later. 2) Store-Exclusive sets. Walmart is usually the only one of the 3 where it's hard to get the discount you want on the set you want since they never really do BOGO or Dollar or % discounts, just straight price cuts. Target occasionally does, and of course TRU always has BOGOs.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

fouzie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fouzie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:16 am

Mill village raid is up now on BN

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:03 am

The brand-new 8071 Bucket Truck is available as well, for a mere $34.96 after the coupon is applied. It amazes me how even after shipping and tax, I can still get sets from BN for 35% cheaper than buying them here in Canada!

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 am

fouzie wrote:Mill village raid is up now on BN
I just ordered one MVR.. I hate sales! :lol:
Been thinking about getting the King's Carriage Ambush, Escape from Dragon's Prison, and Cars 2 Spy Jet.
So many sets, so little money :lol:

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:12 am

fouzie wrote:Mill village raid is up now on BN
Witch Doctor, Spy Jet Escape and Marina are up too.

bigw1974
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bigw1974 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Mantisking - There are 2 BN brick and mortar stores near me. I have used the coupon at both, one didn't care about the kids club membership, the other one wanted it...in fact, needed to scan the card or enter a registered phone number to get the coupon to apply to the purchase.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Those ordering from East Asia (or from RP if someone here have an experience ordering from BN),

How long is the waiting time from confirmed shipped to delivery at your door?
Does your local customs charge additional duties and taxes?

Thanks!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Advent Calendars?

Post by atmail35 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Does anyone know if BN has carried the Avent Calendars in the past? I'd love to get that at a discount and w/ Borders gone it might be difficult.

sabez
I'm New !

Post by sabez » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm

@richard

I am from India and it takes around 4-6 weeks to get a set from BN.
Sometimes longer but never sooner.
I keep the total cost of the order below 100$ so did not have any trouble with customs.
But am also not sure I get charged custom tax if it exceeds.
Just being careful.

Sharon.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks Sharon! I'll keep that in mind.