2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: 2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by vynsane » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:08 am

It's an odd assortment of figures for a battlepack, to be certain. Sure, there's precedent for army-building Jack Sparrow (the scenes in Davy Jones' Locker come to mind, I can't wait until someone builds a washed-ashore Black Pearl with a slew of Jack Sparrows all over it) but even that's stretching it (and we already got one of him in each and every set produced to date) and the Spanish and English soldiers make sense, but who needs an army of unique zombified crew members?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I was annoyed that the same two zombie crew members show up in 3 different sets (at least 3, if I'm counting correctly). Now there's a battle pack with the same two. I would like to see other crew members than those two.

I think it's very strange to have a battle pack for this theme. For star wars, you can go hog wild with stormtroopers and rebel soldiers. But PotC is a stretch. At least they didn't make a "good guy battlepack" and a separate "bad guy battlepack".

I don't see this product selling that well. Three of these four figs come in "The Captains Cabin" set. At least you get a sweet globe in that set.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Zeya wrote:I was annoyed that the same two zombie crew members show up in 3 different sets (at least 3, if I'm counting correctly). Now there's a battle pack with the same two. I would like to see other crew members than those two.

I think it's very strange to have a battle pack for this theme. For star wars, you can go hog wild with stormtroopers and rebel soldiers. But PotC is a stretch. At least they didn't make a "good guy battlepack" and a separate "bad guy battlepack".

I don't see this product selling that well. Three of these four figs come in "The Captains Cabin" set. At least you get a sweet globe in that set.
Agreed on the Cabin set. Noticable overlap was noticed with AC battlepack too, what is lego upto?

At least in the Classic pirates kit: 6251 you got two bluecoats two pirates, a parrot, treasure and the elusive pirate babe.

Need moar redcoats!! :evil:
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:11 am

A high resolution image of the upcoming LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 4184 Black Pearl has been revealed at a German site! The ship is a bit smaller than Queen's Annes Revenge so you can probably expect a bit lower price. Comes with 6 minifigures. (via Brickset)

Article Link: http://www.toysandbricks.com/lego-pirat ... lack-pearl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:15 am

I wish the sails had more detail but the Davy Jones fig looks pretty sweet. So glad they included him although that makes me think no Dutchman.

wingtorn
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wingtorn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

i too, was hoping for a dutchman. it would be interesting to see how they would make the intricate details on the ship such as on the back's decorations. the imperial flagship had an organ inside the cabin as i recall. it would be sweet to have that inside the dutchman as well.

i had hoped for a cad bane keychain when the turbo tank came out. and after nearly a year, they did make one. i hope it doesnt take that long for a jack sparrow keychain to come out.

i was able to get more then one promo figure when i bought the LEGO video game. they had a drawer of them, when i went to pick up the game, and was more then happy to give up a couple extras to me.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm also hoping they issue keychains soon. My daughter and I both love the keychains. She has them on her backpack and I actually use them for my keys. I currently have Jesse from TS but would switch to Jack Sparrow in a heartbeat ;)

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:01 am

Wish granted! Three POTC key chains are available now. Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan and Hector Barbossa (with peg leg). They also have a magnet set with Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa (two legs) and that Zombie Pirate that seems to be everywhere, but the magnets are glued so they are garbage.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 am

hatcher wrote:Wish granted! Three POTC key chains are available now. Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan and Hector Barbossa (with peg leg). They also have a magnet set with Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa (two legs) and that Zombie Pirate that seems to be everywhere, but the magnets are glued so they are garbage.
That's cool. I'll have to pick up a Jack keychain when we go in for the mini-model build. Although I'll have to buy one for my 6 year old too, and I hate paying $5 for a keychain but I don't think we can wait till this go on clearance ;)

I agree the glued magnets aren't that useful, I'll hold out until they are on clearance.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 am

NICE! I'll have to grab a (CAPTAIN!) Jack Sparrow keychain for my wife - she's wanted a Jack minifigure since she's obsessed with Johnny Depp, but even with a Jack figure in every PotC set it's hard to justify the expense. Although, I guess I could buy "Captain's Cabin" and give her that one, banking on buying other sets - how many Jack Sparrows do I really need (barring my "Davy Jones' Locker" MOC idea).

wingtorn
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wingtorn » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 pm

hatcher wrote:Wish granted! Three POTC key chains are available now. Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swan and Hector Barbossa (with peg leg). They also have a magnet set with Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa (two legs) and that Zombie Pirate that seems to be everywhere, but the magnets are glued so they are garbage.
most excellent! i shall be picking up a couple jack sparrow keychains soon. (one to use, and one for a spare... when the time is right.) you say there's a hector barbossa? too bad its not the one from the isla de muerta set... thats one's rather nice. altho it would make sense sense the 4th installment of the movie has been released.

wingtorn
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wingtorn » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 pm

That's cool. I'll have to pick up a Jack keychain when we go in for the mini-model build. Although I'll have to buy one for my 6 year old too, and I hate paying $5 for a keychain but I don't think we can wait till this go on clearance ;)

I agree the glued magnets aren't that useful, I'll hold out until they are on clearance.
well.... i'm not sure what you would do with more minifigs off the magnets, but if they are glued like the recent pharaoh's quest set, you might be in luck. with some patience and a putty knife, you can slowly pry and remove the minifigs from the magnet itself. it was a nice way for me to score some anubis minifigs w/o having to buy the pyramid set.

SqueezeToy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SqueezeToy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:48 pm

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30133-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is this a new polybag? cause it includes jack in a white face...

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 am