LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by Ice » Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 pm

vynsane wrote:Just FYI, the link from the news article on the main page isn't working. Also, I couldn't find this topic to put my post in, so I just created a new topic - the search function doesn't seem to be working properly, otherwise I wouldn't have done so.
The search function isn't the best. It can only search up "uncommon" keywords. We appreciate your efforts in trying to keep our forums clean. Also, thanks for letting us know of the links problem. ;)

Batwing
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batwing » Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 pm

vynsane wrote: I want the minifig, and I'm not even sure I want to actually play the game at all. Is it ONLY online/pay-for-play or are there things you can do offline, just on your local machine?
I think its both. Is it only a one time payment or do you have to pay regularly? (ex. monthly)

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Batwing wrote: Is it only a one time payment or do you have to pay regularly? (ex. monthly)
One time payment from their ads so far. Its may 14 and still can't pre-order it yet.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri May 14, 2010 6:40 am

The pre-order page and product page at shop.lego is up:

http://shop.lego.com/Promotion/Default.aspx?Universe

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=2855133

It's Mac/PC compatible, you get a 30 day free trial of the online service with purchase, and then there are 1, 6, and 12 month subscription options available. It looks like you can ONLY play online:
LEGO wrote:Calling all heroes! We need YOU to save the fate of Imagination in LEGO® Universe!

LEGO® Universe is the first massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) for LEGO fans! Adventure awaits in endless worlds of creative LEGO fun where you can safely build, play and connect online. Build your custom LEGO Universe minifigure and join the Nexus Force, an elite team of heroes united to defeat the Maelstrom, a dark menace trying to destroy imagination! Tap into your unique abilities and save imagination by uncovering the secrets to overcoming the Maelstrom.

As you adventure into the action, you can battle dark creatures, chat with friends and build custom LEGO creations like pets, rockets and race cars! The best players gain leaderboard fame and collect the coolest LEGO loot!

Within LEGO Universe, players will safely create, build, quest and socialize together. This entirely new online world will be the place for LEGO enthusiasts of any age to form their own fun adventures!

About the Game:
  • LEGO Universe is the first Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG) from The LEGO Group.
  • BATTLE to save imagination.
  • EXPLORE new worlds.
  • CUSTOMIZE your world and create up to 4 characters.
  • BUILD whatever you imagine.
  • Game box includes the LEGO Universe Game DVD, 30-day free trial, story leaflet and user guide.
    Parents, learn more.
Requirements:
  • First 30 days free.
  • Paid subscription required to continue play. 1, 6 and 12 month subscription options available.
  • Internet connection required.
  • Playable on PC and MAC. For minimum and recommended system requirements, click here.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Fri May 14, 2010 10:57 am

Oh god. The prices are terrible. We pay $55 for the game for 30 days, then we have to pay $13 each month? I don't think its even worth that much.

Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eddy976 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Theres no way i'm paying $40 for the trail game and then $50 for 6 months. I thought its a one time payment but I guess not.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

It it cheaper then most MMO's. This one is only 40$, where most of them are 50-60$. And 15$/month is really not all that bad for the amount of entertainment you get. let's say you play an hour a day, so then you only pay 50 cents per hour of entertainment. I can not really think of a cheaper form of entertainment.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri May 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah, I was under the impression that this was relatively reasonable in the realm of MMOs.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

What do you think about LEGO Universe?

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:57 am

With the game being preordered it can't be too far away for its release. I've been pouring over the minisite as well as other forums (LEGO/Computergame) and so far the pre release reviews seem pretty positive and many lines are represented. It seems like an extension of some of their LEGO Star Wars/Batman video games (which are pretty enjoyable to play). I think I'd try it out and play it if I liked it.

What do you guys think? Are you going to play this game?
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

TClone
Knight
Knight

Re: What do you think about LEGO Universe?

Post by TClone » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm looking forward to it? Think they'll release figures based on the promos?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 pm

TClone wrote:I'm looking forward to it? Think they'll release figures based on the promos?
Man I hope so. They have some pretty awesome pieces in colors they don't do too much anymore, like all the neon colors. The minifig they're offering with a preorder isn't very exciting but the ones in the game blow it away. Maybe they'll open up a new operation where you can order your minifigure from in game. :D

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Didn't some people got to play it in beta?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:54 pm

They did, but it appears no one around here did. The reviews are generally positive, I was just trying to gather exactly what portion of LEGO fans were planning on playing it or at least trying it.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:51 am

legitimatealex wrote:
TClone wrote:I'm looking forward to it? Think they'll release figures based on the promos?
Man I hope so. They have some pretty awesome pieces in colors they don't do too much anymore, like all the neon colors. The minifig they're offering with a preorder isn't very exciting but the ones in the game blow it away. Maybe they'll open up a new operation where you can order your minifigure from in game. :D
This is a great idea. And the 4 characters you see mostly in the promos (the knight, the pirate, the Dr. Octopus-like guy and the Ninja girl) would be must-haves.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:45 pm

TClone wrote:This is a great idea. And the 4 characters you see mostly in the promos (the knight, the pirate, the Dr. Octopus-like guy and the Ninja girl) would be must-haves.
It would be interesting to see if they synergized this with the CMFs. It would be like Pokémon for LEGO, which seems to be what they're going for in the first place.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:52 am

Senator wrote:Didn't some people got to play it in beta?
I played it some.
Was pretty good.
Got stuck inside a wall though and didn't get back on before i lost access to internet at home.
It has great potential though.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 am

Would you say its more or less like the LEGO Star Wars games? Those games are surprisingly fun for such a simple concept.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:57 am

legitimatealex wrote:Would you say its more or less like the LEGO Star Wars games? Those games are surprisingly fun for such a simple concept.
I would say it is definitely a different game than the LEGO Star wars.

Without going into any details, I'd say i cant imagine too many LEGO fans being disappointed.
Especially with the final release.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:37 am

According to Facebook, Mac Beta Testing starts this friday.

Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eddy976 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:11 am

yoda99 wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:According to Facebook, Mac Beta Testing starts this friday.
Do the people using Mac play with the same people online using windows?
I think they don't play with the same people. Mac users plays with Mac users and window users plays with window users.