CMF 1-3 voting [VIP ONLY]

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Lego VIP - vote for your favorite CMF, check your e-mail

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:40 pm

I got an e-mail from Lego indicating that they are taking votes on the VIP members' favorite CMF from Series 1-3. Sounds like they are making a 5 pack for sale in 2012.

It should be interesting to see which are the top 5.
We know how much our LEGO® fans love their minifigures! That's why we're giving your little VIPs the chance to tell us their number one character from the LEGO Minifigure Series 1 - 3. Simply click on their preferred minifigure below to register your vote. We will then turn the most popular characters into an exclusive LEGO Minifigure set, only available to LEGO VIPs!* Choose wisely, you only get to vote once! Voting closes July 30.

*Voting closes on 30 July 2011 and is restricted to one vote per registered VIP Member. The top 5 minifigures will be announced in the November email newsletter and the set will be exclusively available to VIP Members to purchase in 2012, and at this time terms will be announced. The sets will be available for as long as supplies last. Please be aware that while every best effort will be made to exactly replicate the minifigures from the series range, if the winning minifigures contain parts no longer in production, we will look to find the closest looking pieces as a replacement part, and if no suitable replacement parts are readily available, we will substitute the minifigure(s) in question with runners-up.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

CMF 1-3 voting [VIP ONLY]

Post by UnknownUser » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Since I'm a VIP member I just got an email from LEGO pertaining to voting their fav S1-S3 minifigs for an upcoming set!

Here's how it goes:
We know how much our LEGO® fans love their minifigures! That's why we're giving your little VIPs the chance to tell us their number one character from the LEGO Minifigure Series 1 - 3. Simply click on their preferred minifigure below to register your vote. We will then turn the most popular characters into an exclusive LEGO Minifigure set, only available to LEGO VIPs!* Choose wisely, you only get to vote once! Voting closes July 30.
The catch?
*Voting closes on 30 July 2011 and is restricted to one vote per registered VIP Member. The top 5 minifigures will be announced in the November email newsletter and the set will be exclusively available to VIP Members to purchase in 2012, and at this time terms will be announced. The sets will be available for as long as supplies last. Please be aware that while every best effort will be made to exactly replicate the minifigures from the series range, if the winning minifigures contain parts no longer in production, we will look to find the closest looking pieces as a replacement part, and if no suitable replacement parts are readily available, we will substitute the minifigure(s) in question with runners-up.
I wonder why S3 is included, considering they're still available...

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lego VIP - vote for your favorite CMF, check your e-mail

Post by clock4me » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Sweet. Everyone, vote for the zombie and spartan! :D

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: CMF 1-3 voting [VIP ONLY]

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 pm

(Topics merged)
For me It's a three way tie between zombie, spartan and elf.

kevin7215
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin7215 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 pm

If season 4 was included, I would pick the Hazmat Guy. For me it came down to Zombie (would have gotten more than one, but they weren't around long enough), Vampire, Clown, Robot, or Elf. I went with the Elf.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:46 pm

I voted s1 Spaceman. I'm totally outside the mean average on CMF popularity.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm

vynsane wrote:I voted s1 Spaceman. I'm totally outside the mean average on CMF popularity.
I'm really tempted to vote for that one myself. Having a single vote really sucks. They should have made it one vote per set.

Huw
I'm New !

Post by Huw » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 am

Spaceman, caveman and tribal hunter are Starting to appear in pick a mini, but without accessories so I suggest to pick the minifigures with rarest accessories... Zombie seems that it's accessories aren't rare and he might probably appear in pick a mini... So my list would be in this order

1.- robot
2.- caveman
3.- Spartan
4.- cheerleader
5.- zombie

I put the robot as my first choice because it is most likely that we are not going to see it in pick a mini due to his arm and helmet

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:27 am

Elf! We need elves for castle! Vote for it and it might become and entire theme!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:30 pm

I voted for Robot.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Interesting idea, but too bad we could only vote for one. I missed about half of series 1, and would love to be able to get some of those without having to pay bricklink prices.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm leaning towards the Robot from Series 1. I'm thinking the set will be a mix of Series 1-3, it seems doubtful that they would release this set w/ all S1.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Stores were flooded with CMF3, including elf. I got my hands full of elves. Thus, there isn't any advantage to include elf in my vote list, even though I like him a lot.

I will vote for either cheerleader or zombie.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:33 am

natelite wrote:Elf! We need elves for castle! Vote for it and it might become and entire theme!
This is what I want to see happen. Elves vs. Goblins. (Then we can add them to our Dwarves vs. Orcs and other Castle Fantasy themes.) They need a beautifully curved white castle for the Elves. Give Goblins a forest or underground hide-away.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:56 am

legohunter wrote:Stores were flooded with CMF3, including elf. I got my hands full of elves. Thus, there isn't any advantage to include elf in my vote list, even though I like him a lot.
It took a lot of work and money for me to build up 15 Elves including buying a whole case and paying $8 each on Bricklink. I was definitely not the only person in the area looking for Elves.

I wish to have 30+ Elves, so I'd buy many of this exclusive set (assuming he's part of the top 5 and not cut due to piece issues).

For the other 4 figures, I want to see Zombie, Cheerleader, Spartan, and Forestman. Elf supersedes the Forestman, but he's still one of my favorites.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:54 am

vynsane wrote:I voted s1 Spaceman. I'm totally outside the mean average on CMF popularity.

ditto
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I like the robot and zombie. I was going to vote robot but if the Aliens theme continues I'd be shocked to not see some version of the robot in future sets.

So I gotta go with zombie. I doubt that lego would put out any future sets with zombies in them (POC doesn't count because it's License in my opinion.)

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Was a hard decision but I voted for S1 Robot. Nabbed the caveman and tribal hunter recently at BaM in addition to the magician, cheerleader, clown, wrestler, nurse, ninja and forestman. Took a while to track some of the heads down heheh. Now if only they had the accessories :? But I didn't see the spaceman. Def. gonna have to keep my eyes open for that. The LEGO store here recently beefed up the BaM station and there are waaay more parts out now.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Is there a link showing pics of the possible figures?

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm a VIP I don't think I got it, did anyone else not get it?