Which Minifigures Display Box do you use?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
RockmanNeo
I'm New !

Which Minifigures Display Box do you use?

Post by RockmanNeo » Thu May 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,
I am looking for an alternative display box for the minifigures, since Lego doesn't carry the collector box for 15 minifigures anymore (according to a sales person at my local Lego Store). It's too bad since I like the build and the price is reasonable ($15).

See this around the web too, but compared to above case, it's not really worth the price ($20-$25)

So how do you guys store/display your minifigures series collection?

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Which Minifigures Display Box do you use?

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 pm

If you are interested in the first display it looks like they still have them through Lego S@H.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Thu May 19, 2011 4:00 pm

I've yet to be satisfied with any display box so far. I like those clear individual cases I've seen around lately but too pricey for an entire collection. LEGO should have made theirs stack-able :(

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:50 pm

I saw the carrying case at ehe Lego Store this week so it is available. I think Lego wasn't thinking ahead b/c it only has 15 slots and each CMF series has 16. :roll:

We haven't found a display case we like as of yet either. I swear I saw a website that had pics from some toy show (NY, maybe?) that showed something that was coming out this year, but I can't remember exactly the details.

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:12 am

atmail35 wrote:I saw the carrying case at ehe Lego Store this week so it is available. I think Lego wasn't thinking ahead b/c it only has 15 slots and each CMF series has 16. :roll:

We haven't found a display case we like as of yet either. I swear I saw a website that had pics from some toy show (NY, maybe?) that showed something that was coming out this year, but I can't remember exactly the details.
Oh, I firmly believe they WERE 'thinking ahead', which is exactly WHY it only has room for 15 figs...that way, you have to buy more than one!

Personally, I like the clear, stackable units that were shown on Eurobricks a short while back. Kinda pricey for a large minifig collection, though.
~ Ogre

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Ogre21 wrote:Oh, I firmly believe they WERE 'thinking ahead', which is exactly WHY it only has room for 15 figs...that way, you have to buy more than one!

Personally, I like the clear, stackable units that were shown on Eurobricks a short while back. Kinda pricey for a large minifig collection, though.
I know, but if you are compulsive like I am, you like to have all 16 together and not have the 16th one off in some other display box ;)

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Actually the Lego company knew you would only like 15 of the minifigures enough to display them. The 16th has toilets to scrub.

I have kept my collectible figures separate from my real ones but they're in a drawer like everything else.

Jared

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am

atmail35 wrote:
Ogre21 wrote:Oh, I firmly believe they WERE 'thinking ahead', which is exactly WHY it only has room for 15 figs...that way, you have to buy more than one!

I know, but if you are compulsive like I am, you like to have all 16 together and not have the 16th one off in some other display box ;)
I'm that compulsive, too...which is why I didn't buy any of those boxes. :lol:
~ Ogre

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:27 pm

I recently found these at Fred Meyer for $3.99 each.

They aren't too bad. Here are a couple pics:

The long narrow compartment holds them in a row but the hairpieces/headpieces/large accessories have to be removed to make them fit correctly. You can also bend the legs slightly but it doesn't look as good. The fig on the left has her legs bent to fit with hair on. They can be stacked on top of each other but there is nothing to prevent slippage.

They also had this style in dark gray with Ninjago graphics:
http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/prod/ ... x-12-1.jpg

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I tossed my mini-figs into one of these.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Isn't there supposed to be a new display case coming out? I could've sworn I saw one while looking through a reviewer's photos from the Lego booth at the NY Toy Fair 2011. It looks like an oversized Lego brick with a clear window over about 8 display alcoves. The bricks are supposed to be stackable. Sorry I don't have a pic, but I'm positive I saw this. It was quite cute-looking, although it also looked as if it might be pricey. I've been thinking about them as my son's collection grows, since we don't have very good storage for the minifigs.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 pm

I found the photos. I'm not going to upload any here, since the photos aren't mine and I don't have permission, but if you search the terms "Kidz@Play Lego Minifig Case", the photos come up.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 pm

The display case from the Lego booth at the NY Toy Fair 2011 is too big. Imagine how many of such cases are needed for 16 X 5 sets of minifigures.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 am

melsig wrote:I found the photos. I'm not going to upload any here, since the photos aren't mine and I don't have permission, but if you search the terms "Kidz@Play Lego Minifig Case", the photos come up.
You mean this one?
Kidz@Play Small LEGO Minifigure Display Case at NY Toy Fair 2011 by notenoughbricks, on Flickr

And this one?
Kidz@Play LEGO Minifig Case at NY Toy Fair 2011 by notenoughbricks, on Flickr
legohunter wrote:The display case from the Lego booth at the NY Toy Fair 2011 is too big. Imagine how many of such cases are needed for 16 X 5 sets of minifigures.
If you're talking about the larger ones I just posted, five.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Yes, those are the ones. The big ones look nice, but exactly how big are they?