[US] TRU $10 off $50 (instore), Free Jet Ski, 20% off Games

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Uno Brick
Citizen
Citizen

[US] TRU $10 off $50 (instore), Free Jet Ski, 20% off Games

Post by Uno Brick » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:09 am

I just received a TRU ad in the mail, and it contained some info about upcoming sales. To the best of knowledge it seems they haven't been reported here yet, so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up. Please tell me if I'm wrong and if this is already known. ;)

"Bonus Savings" Coupon $10 off $50 Purchase
$10 Off ANY TRU purchase of $50 or more
Valid 7/1 - 7/23/11
One Transaction Only; Not valid with any other "R" us total transaction offer or on prior purchases

Free Lego City Jet Ski with ANY LEGO City Harbour, Alien Conquest, Kingdoms, or Hero Factory Contruction purchase of $30 or more

20% off Creationary, Ramses Pyramid, and Minotaurus (with Coupon)

I'm not sure whether these offers will stack. I'm assuming discounts don't count as a "total transaction offer" so it seems that it might be possible. But, of course, because this TRU, IMO, you never know. :?
The ad booklet cover states that "sale prices are valid July 1 - 23, 2011". The $10 off $50 offer is members only as the fine print states your membership number must be presented at time of purchase.
Check out MOCs by Uno Brick at: http://www.mocpages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992150@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :-)

Luciant
Count
Count

Re: [US] TRU $10 off $50 (instore), Free Jet Ski, 20% off Ga

Post by Luciant » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up! We've all been wondering what it was gonna take to get some Jet Skis =) The coupon that was mailed to you, what kind of # does it have? A long or short one? If its a short (4-8 digits) then it should be universal, while if its like 10+ is normally a Members Only / Unique to you code.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Uno Brick was this part of the "Pack 2 School" ad booklet? If so, mine does have the coupon for 20% off Creationary, Ramses Pyramid, and Minotaurus on page 3 but did not include a $10 off $50 Purchase coupon.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 pm

I got an email today about the BOGO on the Lego Games, but mentioned nothing of the $10 off $50.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Uno Brick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Uno Brick » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Luciant: The coupon # is short, 6 digits long, but couldn't be used without the coupon as the back fine print says: "Only original coupons accepted." It's likely it wasn't mentioned in the TRU email because this is an instore only offer that requires the original coupon.

Sweener: Yes, this is part of the "Pack 2 School" ad booklet with a picture of a boy with a Cars 2 backpack on the cover. The coupon is actually not part of the paper coupons inside the booklet. It instead comes in the form of a thin laminated card that indicates for you to peel it off the cover. I suggest checking the cover again as I myself nearly missed it.
Check out MOCs by Uno Brick at: http://www.mocpages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992150@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :-)

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:56 am

Weird nothing on my "Pack 2 School" ad. All well, maybe it fell off or the mailman took it.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:50 am

I saw this promotion is also available online...and again...
-Online is BOGO 50% OR Free stuff...take out free stuff from your cart to get BOGO 50% off
-In store is BOGO 50% AND Free stuff...so you better go to the store to get both deal

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:12 pm

my coupon was $10 off $75 purchase. on Saturday I ended up getting: 2 mazmat guys, 2 king's carriage, and a few of the cars sets for my son (which they had dropped the price on). my best find of the day was 62 series 3 mini-figures for $62 at walmart.