[REVIEW] 30023 Creator Lighthouse Polybag

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
25%
Average
50%
Poor
25%

Total votes: 4

atmail35
Duke
Duke

[REVIEW] 30023 Creator Lighthouse Polybag

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Indexed

Set Name: Creator Lighthouse (Polybag)
Set Number: 30023
Ages: 5-10
MSRP: $3.99 USD
Pieces: 25
Price per Piece: $0.1596

Description from TRU.com:
Bring the ships into port safely with this microbuild LEGO Creator Lighthouse (30023)! Guide the vessels of the LEGO harbor into the docks safetly with this cool microbuild! Explore the world of LEGO microbuilding and learn to create an iconic ocean build with these key, colorful pieces. Contains 25 pieces.
The bag
It is square. Not much to say about it really. It arrived from TRU.com in a very wrinkled state.

The pieces, all 25, plus 2 spares and the folded instruction sheet:

The build
VERY quick, not much to say about it really. I won't bore you with step-by-step pictures ;) The directions weren't really necessary.

The finished product
The minifigure gives you a sense of scale. You receive two spare parts. The white round 1x1 stud goes on top of the yellow "light" and hold on the black cap.

Pros
Very sturdy
Easy build for young kids or old people with sight issues ;)

Cons
Expensive per piece, but some of the pieces are quite large.

Final thoughts
To be honest I think it's a little short and stubby. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the width of the lighthouse is larger than I had anticipated. I know lighthouses come in all shapes and sizes, but I was expecting a thinner taller one. I'd wait for it to go on sale, it's a bit pricey for what you get. But it's a nice little summer decoration. I think I'll put it on the shelf in the guest bathroom ;)

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [REVIEW] 30023 Creator Lighthouse Polybag

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks for the review. When I first saw the set, I was just assuming that all the curves would be macaroni pieces. I didn't look close enough and I forgot about the 4x4 round bricks. I do like anything trans-yellow. I've not liked the trend where LEGO gives you a 4x4 green plate when it should have been 6x6.

fouzie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fouzie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:22 am

FYI, TRU give this set for free after $30 purchase

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 am

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:.. I've not liked the trend where LEGO gives you a 4x4 green plate when it should have been 6x6.
They are getting cheap on all plates.

the big lighthouse 5770 should have at least had a 16x32 blue plate, but alas it does not. :evil:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Does anyone remember when baseplates were like regular bricks underneath? (i.e. you could build and connect plates/bricks to the bottom) or is this just in my imagination??

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Nepenthe7 wrote:Does anyone remember when baseplates were like regular bricks underneath? (i.e. you could build and connect plates/bricks to the bottom) or is this just in my imagination??
I don't remember seeing any. I could be wrong.