LEGO Sort and Store Heads

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
peanut
Knight
Knight

LEGO Sort and Store Heads

Post by peanut » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 am

Has anyone seen these variations of the Sort and Store heads for sale anywhere - besides the plain smile? The tongue one is really cool. I believe the photo was taken at a toy fair a few months ago.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JfivZevxrB4/T ... oheads.jpg

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Sort and Store Heads

Post by lukeskywalker » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:21 am

I've seen them, Just not those ones. The ones I saw were just plain smiley faces :)

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Hmm I've only seen a plain smiley face as well, unless the thing has a back printing.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks. yeah I have the plain one - no back printing. I wonder if we will ever get the other ones :D

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:56 pm

I emailed the company that makes them requesting a new clip for the top(they provide one replacement for free) and asked about these new prints. I got the default 'check the coming soon' page reply without one 'real' word added into the response template, which is the standard reply usually given about that kinda stuff but the coming soon page doesn't have them or I would not have asked. Obviously they exist and have been shown and talked about to people at the toy show. My intrigue has worn off - if they stacked it might be another story :mrgreen:

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 am

I got a nifty little idea wobbling around in my head. It's a useless idea so please-proceed reading with extreme caution.

What if the big head was only part one of the sort and store machine? It catches the biggest pieces and sends them onto the next bin which just happens to be-a big minifig torso! After the torso sorts all the medium pieces they fall into a giant pair of minifig legs. From there, the smallest pieces tumble down into a baseplate the big man stands on. I know this just doesn't seem feasible-but I like the fun factor more than making it work.

Who doesn't want a minifig that big?

You're welcome.
Jared

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

It's worth mentioning that there is also this product:
http://www.box4blox.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's been around for a while, I think. I was looking into this and the sorting head, but decided to pass on them both. The box4blox I think has a larger sorting area, and it also has 4 levels, whereas the head only has 3 levels. I did read some reviews that the box4blox sometimes cracks on people, but it didn't sound that serious (especially for adult use I assume). I think it's also cheaper than the head last time I checked.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 pm

I went in with a friend and we each ordered a box4blox 2 years ago. It's the same amount to ship one as it is to ship two so we split the shipping down the middle. Ended up being a little bit over 30 dollars apiece. And what an awesome product. I'm the only one that uses it here and I've had no cracks. I did read some reviews about that but I think I also read the company is very good at customer service-much like the Lego company itself.

What I love about it is when you start to build you dump all your bricks through the top and all of the tiny bricks you want fall to the bottom. I'm going to use it to start sorting my collection by size too-but this is an awesome product.

Jared

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:55 am

I'm going to have to get in touch with "Lisa The Toy Whiz" at Mastermind Toys and see if they have any of the 'variant' heads, because I'd MUCH rather have one of those than just the plain ol' boring 'smiley'.
~ Ogre

ezra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ezra » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 am

does anybody have new information about these containers?
I've been searching for the one with the angry expression for the past couple of months. no luck.

imrl
I'm New !

Post by imrl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 pm

I have seen all of them at my local Walmarts but it has been some time ago now. One store even had them on clearance. I have the one with the tongue and one with the angry face.

Dneul
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Dneul » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 pm

I found 2 at my Walmart with the smirk for $30 each

ezra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ezra » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 pm

I also saw several smirks at two different TRU today. sigh..i still can't find the angry one.

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm

I think the 3 non smiley faces are not being made anymore, based on what I'm seeing show up at Target (I could be wrong). All I've seen is basic smiley faces, and I noticed that the clear instructional tag on the box is different that the first run of these heads.