B&N.com Free $10 e-card w/ $100 gift or e-card purchase

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

B&N.com Free $10 e-card w/ $100 gift or e-card purchase

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:58 pm

To make your B&N $$ go further....get a free $10 e-card if you purchase $100 in gift cards or e-cards on barnesandnoble.com and use them to buy Lego.

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like B&N charges 95 cents to ship gift cards.

http://gan.doubleclick.net/gan_click?li ... 0000329864" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Earn a Free $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card with purchase of $100.00 worth of Gift Cards and/or Barnes & Noble eGift Cards at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is valid on purchases of Gift Cards and/or eGift Cards totaling $100.00 in value in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is also valid on purchases of customized Barnes & Noble Gift Cards totaling $100.00 in value in a single transaction initiated through links on Barnes & Noble.com and processed and fulfilled by Cardways.com. This offer can be redeemed once per customer and per billing address. Your qualifying Gift Card or eGift Card purchase must be made by June 6, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. Such purchase must not be returned for any reason. The value of your qualifying Gift Card and/or eGift Card purchase must total at least $100.00 before tax to qualify. The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card will be awarded based on Gift Card and/or eGift Card purchase total of $100.00 only; sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the purchase minimum amount of $100.00. The $10.00 eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on June 21, 2011 to the email address associated with your $100.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com. In order to take advantage of this offer, customers must have a valid bn.com account with a credit card on file. For those who do not have a bn.com account, please follow the prompts to create an account for free.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid for purchases made at any B. Dalton Bookseller store, at any store owned or operated by Barnes & Noble College Bookstores, or at Barnes & Noble retail stores. Void where prohibited by law.

Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Gift Cards or eGift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Promotional eGift Card.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: B&N.com Free $10 e-card w/ $100 gift or e-card purchase

Post by Ice » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks atmail35. Would also like to point out these terms on the gift card.
This offer can be redeemed once per customer and per billing address. The $10.00 eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on June 21, 2011 to the email address associated with your $100.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com. In order to take advantage of this offer, customers must have a valid bn.com account with a credit card on file. For those who do not have a bn.com account, please follow the prompts to create an account for free.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 pm

I just looked at the egift card info and they CAN be used at a B&N store OR online. I'm guessing that there is no shipping charge since it is delivered via email, but I could be wrong.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:00 am

Just an update, I bought a $100 e-gift card and there is NO shipping. It was e-mailed to me very quickly and I was able to use it shortly after placing my order on-line. To use it in store you just have to print the e-mail and show the bar code.

Hopefully the $10 bonus will arrive on 6/21 like the deal mentions.

Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Transformers2 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:23 pm

This would make the deal really good with that 30% off coupon. Only con is we have to create another account.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:31 pm

FYI, you're probably going to have trouble using the V7T4Y4X coupon for 30% off. I had my mom place an order for me and it was automatically canceled after seemingly going through on their website. I had her ask why and she got back an e-mail including the following:

"> As stated on the product page for ?Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0? on our
> website, this item does not qualify for coupons or promotional
> discounts, but it is Kids? Club Eligible. That is, you cannot apply your
> 30% off B&N Kids? Club Welcome Coupon to this purchase, but you can
> purchase this item to reach your $100 threshold and receive your $5 Kids
> Club rewards certificate."

Shame on B&N for changing how they are honoring a promotion half way through.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 pm

The $10 e-card is also valid in stores. You should be able to use the 30% off kids club coupon and the e-cards in-store on Lego.

I was able to use the 30% off in-store and use part of my $100 e-card that I bought to get the promo.

ETA: Sinfanti, I see that you are in Taiwan so I guess going to the store won't work for you.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:14 pm

@atmail35 - No, it did work for me once. The Taiwan thing isn't a problem in itself because I have a credit card with a US address. They have changed how they're willing to honor the coupon, at least online. The mail I quoted was to my mom who lives in Arizona and used her own info.

Glad to hear that they're still honoring it in stores... for now.

wei11364
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wei11364 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

I really don't think you can blame B&N for anything when you have hundreds (if not thousands) of "re-sellers" from slickdeals whom repeatedly abused this coupon over just 1 or 2 days. You just cannot blame any stores for not wanting to stop this type of abuse - B&N was actually kind enough to compensate us with either a $5 or a $10 gift card.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:15 pm

I have to say that slickdeals drives me crazy, it kill deals all the time!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm

If you bought the gift card, check your e-mail for the $10 free e-card. I got mine today.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Yep, I also got mine yesterday.