[WORLD] Buy LEGO at USA MSRP Prices

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [WORLD] Buy LEGO at US MSRP Prices (including 10% off PO

Post by Toronadian » Thu May 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Bull****. They cancelled my order. I'm pissed not only because of that, but I originally had a Groupon that was "$20 GC for the price of $10" that has now effectively expired while waiting for them to process the order. Freaking stupid. I was awaiting Queen Anne's Revenge and The Mill. Lame.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu May 05, 2011 2:26 pm

F'ing aye! What the. Trying not to swear.

I also used that groupon, and I spent credit card points on a $100 barnes and noble gift card, solely for the purpose of buying these Lego sets. I don't know if the money will go back on my gift card or what.

Are they even selling these sets? What's going on here? I don't even see the sets on the website anymore. This is hella lame.

I sent them this message. Let's see what they have to say about it.
I used a $20 groupon and a $100 gift card (and around $10 on a credit card) to preorder two Lego Pirates of the Caribbean sets from you. Are you not able to fulfill that order at all? Will the money from the gift card be credited back to it? The groupon I spent on this order is now outside its effective date. Can you credit me gift card money for that loss?

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Thu May 05, 2011 3:07 pm

#@&*, I just got the cancellation e-mail.

I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to deliver on a pre-order. Aren't pre-orders used to gauge interest so they will be able to meet demand?

This especially sucks for those who don't live in the US as we are stuck with unfairly high MSRP (I could have saved $50 over the three sets that got cancelled). You can bet that TRU Canada won't be having any sales on these (just like HP & SW)...

This really pisses me off.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu May 05, 2011 4:00 pm

I bet they didn't get enough Pre-Orders and decided not to sell that line... makes no sense otherwise.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Luciant wrote:I bet they didn't get enough Pre-Orders and decided not to sell that line... makes no sense otherwise.
I'm also thinking maybe Lego's distribution cuts deals so that for example only TRU and then Target and Walmart only get new waves. Or something. Maybe B&N thought they would be able to sell POTC but then it fell through, and now us preorder victims get left holding the bag.

This is first preorder I've done since that Wii Legend of Zelda game. I got screwed on that one too by Best Buy and in that case they wouldn't even refund my 5 or 10 dollar preorder fee. I have the same bad feeling here too because I don't think they'll honor my groupon now. I might have to swear off B&N just like I did Best Lie. Man preorders are not worth the hassle.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Toronadian wrote:Bull****. They cancelled my order. I'm pissed not only because of that, but I originally had a Groupon that was "$20 GC for the price of $10" that has now effectively expired while waiting for them to process the order. Freaking stupid. I was awaiting Queen Anne's Revenge and The Mill. Lame.
F*** they cancelled all 3 of my orders too... ( all for POTC LEGO)... I'm so pissed about this. Why the heck would they even put the sets up for pre-order in the first place...?

Already had emails on Monday saying they were delayed, so what the heck happened between then and now?

Feh.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu May 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Just got my cancellation notice. Very displeased. :evil:

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Did anyone who pre-ordered not receive a cancellation I wonder? Very disappointing!

fouzie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fouzie » Thu May 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Mine got cancelled too.
I believe no one gets any of these pre-ordered items, maybe they decided not to sell it. Because in may 1st almost every store has them (POTC sets) only BN didn't

this is the message I got from BN
"We apologize, but despite our efforts, we weren't able to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. These items have been canceled from your order."

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri May 06, 2011 10:24 am

B&N responded to me saying that they're crediting my gift card back and also giving me gift card money for the full value of the groupon ($20). I guess I'll wait for some other expensive set to buy, or I'll buy gift cards as Christmas gifts maybe.
Please be advised that the funds have been returned to both gift cards.
The balance available on your Barnes & Noble Gift Cards is $20.00 and
$100.00. You may use your Gift Cards online at http://www.bn.com or at any
Barnes & Noble retail store.
I checked the balances now. They refunded both, and the $20 for $10 groupon is now just a $20 gift card.

I'm not as angry anymore, but still annoyed. I would buy Lego from them again, but I would not do a pre order again. I also didn't realize when I placed the preorder that the 10% off kind of only makes up for shipping costs and tax anyway. But B&N is one of the few places that my citi visa rewards points gives gift cards for, and combined with that groupon is why I did all this. Oh well.

I hope everyone else gets their money refunded okay.

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:34 am

Does anyone happen to know where B&N ships Canadian orders from? East coast? West coast? Detroit/Windsor border? Just trying to figure out a timeline for how long this order is actually going to take to arrive. B&N says "5-11 business days", which actually means "over two weeks" and with a potential Canada Post strike looming over us, I'd REALLY like my order to hurry up and GET HERE. Ugh.
~ Ogre

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:52 pm

No idea, but usually takes 2-3 weeks. I hope my package does not get lost from the Canada Post strike..

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:07 am

clock4me wrote:No idea, but usually takes 2-3 weeks. I hope my package does not get lost from the Canada Post strike..
Yeah, their '5-11 days' expired yesterday and still no package. Called Canada Post this morning and they said I have to contact B&N but, B&N were the ones who told me to contact CP...and if nothing arrives by June 21, then I'm to contact B&N again and they'll "look into it".
Great. Nothing like having to wait around for ANOTHER two weeks, with a mail strike looming over our heads.
Their shipping sucks. Not sure that the great price is worth this BS.
~ Ogre

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:04 am

Ogre21 wrote:
clock4me wrote:No idea, but usually takes 2-3 weeks. I hope my package does not get lost from the Canada Post strike..
Yeah, their '5-11 days' expired yesterday and still no package. Called Canada Post this morning and they said I have to contact B&N but, B&N were the ones who told me to contact CP...and if nothing arrives by June 21, then I'm to contact B&N again and they'll "look into it".
Great. Nothing like having to wait around for ANOTHER two weeks, with a mail strike looming over our heads.
Their shipping sucks. Not sure that the great price is worth this BS.
No sooner do I complain on here... :lol:
Package showed up about half and hour ago. Only one day 'late'. Not TOO bad. For the price ($80 and change for the Kingdoms castle, including tax and shipping, vs $129.99CDN PLUS tax and perhaps shipping from elsewhere), I may very well go this route again, now that I know what to expect.
~ Ogre

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Does anyone know how long B&N lags behind other retailers to get new sets in? I want to order the POTC QAR set, for real. Does anyone know how long it took them to get PoP sets in after TRU or Target last year?

lklugman
I'm New !

Re: [WORLD] Buy LEGO at USA MSRP Prices

Post by lklugman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Has anyone tried using a package forwarding company like http://www.stackry.com

seems like it would provide flexibility to shop best deals on legos whether a retailer ships internationally or not..