[USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon May 02, 2011 1:16 am

The LEGO MBA (Master Builder Academy) are now available for preorder.

There is the first kit available by itself (Space Designer), then kits 2-6 are a separate order.

LEGO MBA 20200 Space Designer

Begin your journey to better building!

The first LEGO® Master Builder Academy kit will boost your galactic building skills! Learn the secrets of sideways building and locking from the real LEGO Master Builders as you create 3 Space Designer models. Use your new skills to make all your models super stable and cool! Take the Space Design Challenge and create your own interstellar vehicles, then share them with other LEGO MBA members in the Space Designer gallery on LEGOmba.com!

Includes 84-page Designer Handbook that teaches 2 Master Builder techniques and instructions to create 3 models, one at time.
1 exclusive LEGO® MBA minifigure, a brick separator, and a brick storage box with sorting tray.
Minifigure accessories include a helmet with goggles, and a buildable jetpack.
Each book has a password to use on LEGOmba.com with access to the full Kit 1 experience including exclusive Master Builder videos, more building tips, the Space Designer gallery, and the first LEGO MBA skill test!

LEGO MBA 4659018 Kits 2-6 Subscription

Join the LEGO® Master Builder Academy! Subscribe to get kits 2-6!

After trying out LEGO® Master Builder Academy with Kit 1 Space Designer, the journey to better building continues with the LEGO MBA Subscription. Learn new building skills with new themes and get a new kit delivered to your home every other month! The subscription includes:

Kit 2 Microbuild Designer: Learn about scaling the size of your models and building with the smallest LEGO® elements as you get a giant introduction to microscale building!
Kit 3 Robot Designer: Enter the action-packed world of robots and mecha while discovering the techniques of styling and balance!
Kit 4 Flight Designer: The advanced building techniques of shape and stability will help you navigate the world of flying vehicles!
Kit 5 Creature Designer: Let your inner LEGO designer loose as you practice the techniques of detailed styling and color with monster and alien models!
Kit 6 Auto Designer: Put all the skills and techniques you've learned to the test as you discover how to build, design and customize anything on wheels!
Includes 1 LEGO MBA kit delivered every two months, for 10 months: 5 kits in total.
Each kit includes one 84-page Designer Handbook teaching 2 LEGO MBA techniques, building instructions to build 3 models, one at a time, and exclusive minifigures and accessories.

Pre-order them both Here

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/home/usa-lego%c2 ... r-academy/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: [USA] LEGO® Master Builder Academy

Post by ncbarrett » Mon May 02, 2011 5:24 am

also the site is live
http://mba.lego.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon May 02, 2011 5:01 pm

I got an email stating that VIP members get a free MBA Pick-a-Brick box with the pre-order.

Terms and conditions:
**FREE Pick a Brick box offer valid in the US only, on #20200 pre-orders, 05.01.11 - 05.20.11, for US LEGO VIP Members only. The source code displayed in the email must be entered at checkout at shop.LEGO.com. The box is good for a one-time use only at any LEGO Store in the United States. This box may be filled with the loose bricks and elements of your choice from the Pick a Brick wall. Box must close completely by inserting handles into box sides. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Pick a Brick box promotion source code may not be used in conjunction with Star Wars promotion source code, 05.03.11 - 05.04.11. Offer cannot be redeemed prior to June 1, 2011. Offer expires August 31, 2011. Box has no retail value and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Offer is not valid at LEGO.com, LEGOLAND Parks or LEGOLAND Discovery Centers. For a full list of LEGO Stores, please visit stores.LEGO.com. Code 4556658.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Yeah, I got that email too - now I'm totally sold!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:55 pm

sidersdd wrote:I got an email stating that VIP members get a free MBA Pick-a-Brick box with the pre-order.

Terms and conditions:
**FREE Pick a Brick box offer valid in the US only, on #20200 pre-orders, 05.01.11 - 05.20.11, for US LEGO VIP Members only. The source code displayed in the email must be entered at checkout at shop.LEGO.com. The box is good for a one-time use only at any LEGO Store in the United States. This box may be filled with the loose bricks and elements of your choice from the Pick a Brick wall. Box must close completely by inserting handles into box sides. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Pick a Brick box promotion source code may not be used in conjunction with Star Wars promotion source code, 05.03.11 - 05.04.11. Offer cannot be redeemed prior to June 1, 2011. Offer expires August 31, 2011. Box has no retail value and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Offer is not valid at LEGO.com, LEGOLAND Parks or LEGOLAND Discovery Centers. For a full list of LEGO Stores, please visit stores.LEGO.com. Code 4556658.
I got that email too..but it seems that you didnt put the coupon code for online purchases...well the coupon code is 2KM9 :)

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I wonder if this can be ordered at a LEGO Store and get free shipping? I was going to wait and pre-order this tomorrow on-line and get the free-shipping offer, but the terms/conditions make it sound like you can't stack the deals.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 pm

sidersdd wrote:I wonder if this can be ordered at a LEGO Store and get free shipping? I was going to wait and pre-order this tomorrow on-line and get the free-shipping offer, but the terms/conditions make it sound like you can't stack the deals.
Looks like free shipping is working independently of the Star Wars offer.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Luciant wrote:So I'm torn.

I ordered the Set 1 and Set 2-6 preorder via S@H and I was GOING to put in the VIP member code promo, but lo and behold what was I offered? Why an exclusive star wars Minifig for spending over $75!

I wasn't sure if it was an error, but I figured I would rather have the Minifig over the PAB Box (Closest Lego store is 4 hours away). Even got the email confirming the minifig should come with the other stuff I ordered, so crossing my fingers ;)

If they catch it and don't ship me the minifigs, I'll give Lego a call and explain to them I couldn't put the promo code in because of the minifig already taking up the promo code... (come on minifigs!)
I ordered the MBA sets, and when I checked my order status on LEGOshop.com it had both the free minifig and the PAB box in my order. :)

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:
Luciant wrote:So I'm torn.

I ordered the Set 1 and Set 2-6 preorder via S@H and I was GOING to put in the VIP member code promo, but lo and behold what was I offered? Why an exclusive star wars Minifig for spending over $75!

I wasn't sure if it was an error, but I figured I would rather have the Minifig over the PAB Box (Closest Lego store is 4 hours away). Even got the email confirming the minifig should come with the other stuff I ordered, so crossing my fingers ;)

If they catch it and don't ship me the minifigs, I'll give Lego a call and explain to them I couldn't put the promo code in because of the minifig already taking up the promo code... (come on minifigs!)
I ordered the MBA sets, and when I checked my order status on LEGOshop.com it had both the free minifig and the PAB box in my order. :)
How did you do that? Did you put the coupon code? I didnt put the coupon code because otherwise they wont give me the minifigure..so I had the same as Luciant

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:31 am

gabriellee11 wrote: How did you do that? Did you put the coupon code? I didnt put the coupon code because otherwise they wont give me the minifigure..so I had the same as Luciant
After I added the MBA sets to my cart I was given an option to either keep the minifig or remove it, I chose to keep the minifigure, and then checked out without entering any codes. I think as long as you're a VIP member you get the PAB box without entering the code. Check your order confirmation, it should be there.

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Wed May 04, 2011 6:19 am

I got the Shadow Trooper, but no PAB box. Probably because I'm a Canadian member. :( I'm going to email Lego CS just in case they might throw me a bone. Can't hurt to ask.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed May 04, 2011 6:23 am

ImmortalShark wrote:I got the Shadow Trooper, but no PAB box. Probably because I'm a Canadian member. :( I'm going to email Lego CS just in case they might throw me a bone. Can't hurt to ask.
I emailed CS yesterday because I pre-ordered before they sent email with PAB code asking how I cold get it since I already ordered, they have yet to respond.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Wed May 04, 2011 6:25 am

ncbarrett wrote:
ImmortalShark wrote:I got the Shadow Trooper, but no PAB box. Probably because I'm a Canadian member. :( I'm going to email Lego CS just in case they might throw me a bone. Can't hurt to ask.
I emailed CS yesterday because I pre-ordered before they sent email with PAB code asking how I cold get it since I already ordered, they have yet to respond.
I stand corrected. It's in the back ordered part of the order. Awesome!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed May 04, 2011 9:53 am

I just checked my order, and it no longer says backordered, now it says in process
Could it actually ship soon?
Be cool if it did. :ugeek:

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed May 04, 2011 12:51 pm

just got this in an email..
It's great to hear from you! Although you didn't have the code entered when placing your order, we've made the revision so you'll get the promotion for the FREE Master Builder Academy Pick A Brick box. This will arrive with your kit when it ships at the beginning of June!
Yay for LEGO's awesome Customer Service!
:ugeek:

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Wed May 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Dunno if this is obvious, but you get a free PAB box for *each* Kit 1 you order. I placed an order for two of them and my confirmation shows Qty 2 for the PAB box.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

sidersdd wrote:Dunno if this is obvious, but you get a free PAB box for *each* Kit 1 you order. I placed an order for two of them and my confirmation shows Qty 2 for the PAB box.
I figured that, but it's cool to get confirmation.

So, while it's cool that the Shadow ARF Trooper is joining the freebie party, it's not enough incentive for me to order both Kit 1 and the subscription today. I have until May 20th to order Kit 1 and still get the PaB box (luckily there's another paycheck between now and then), and then I can order the subscription any time after that - and who knows, maybe there will be another promotion for Kit 2-6 subscription orders come June...

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu May 05, 2011 4:49 am

vynsane wrote:...- and who knows, maybe there will be another promotion for Kit 2-6 subscription orders come June...
This is my concern too, since I'm afraid if i order kits 2-6 ill miss out on something, however if I don't, then the new sets will continue to tempt me and Ill buy one of them instead.
Decisions, decisions.... :ugeek:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu May 05, 2011 7:44 am

ncbarrett wrote:
vynsane wrote:...- and who knows, maybe there will be another promotion for Kit 2-6 subscription orders come June...
This is my concern too, since I'm afraid if i order kits 2-6 ill miss out on something, however if I don't, then the new sets will continue to tempt me and Ill buy one of them instead.
Decisions, decisions.... :ugeek:
For me, it's not so much a concern as it is something that would be cool if it happened, but I'm not holding out hope. I didn't have the funds to pay for both pre-orders, but I should have enough to pre-order Kit 1 before the end of the PaB box promo, which was the bigger draw than the ARF Trooper.

When the time comes around to seriously consider the subscription (we have almost two months before they will start to be mailed out), if there's a promo going on it will simply be a bonus.

That said - does anyone know the nature of the availability of the MBA program? Will it be more of a 'start at any time with Kit 1' type of thing? Will new subscribers always start with Kit 1 and 'proceed through the ranks', or will the kits 1-6 be available for a limited time, as in Brickmaster, where the subscription, and thus those sets, are only available for that year, and you miss out if you don't start at the start? To me, it seems like each 'level' of MBA will continue to be available as new levels are added. Then the question is - do you need to start at Level 1 before ordering subsequent level subscriptions, or will you be able to start at Level 3 when that's released? I'm not even all that sure that TLG has the answers to these questions...

MOD NOTE: I've split off the discussion of the merits of the MBA program into the already-started topic in the 'General LEGO Discussions' category and left discussion of purchasing the MBA kits here.

swigginton
I'm New !

Re: [USA] LEGO Master Builder Academy

Post by swigginton » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 am

Bought the first kit for my daughters birthday next month mostly with VIP points and the free PAB cup, will see about picking up the rest of the subscription with any future offers.