[WORLD] Buy LEGO at USA MSRP Prices

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[WORLD] Buy LEGO at USA MSRP Prices

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Due to the amount of emails we've been receiving inquiring where to buy LEGO at good prices (for countries outside of US), we figured this post would serve as a guide for buying at BN.com (Barnes & Nobles). Below is a guide meant for those that are outside of the United States. If you are from United States, you will get FREE Shipping on orders above $25.

BN Shipping Rates
BN.com has very reasonable shipping rates for those outside of the United States. (if your from United States, you get FREE Shipping) They have a good LEGO selection and doesn't charge a premium shipping rate like 3rd party US shipping service providers. Listed below are the shipping rates for worldwide. What makes it even better is that the rates are still the same regardless of how big the item is. So the bigger the item, the better the deal!
  • United States: FREE Shipping on Orders above $25
  • Canada: First Item $6.48, Additional Items $2.49 each
  • International: First Item $12.98, Additional Items $5.49 each
BN.com Price Comparsion
We're not going to do every single set at BN.com with prices for each country, but will show you an example on the Queen's Annes Revenge set.

Take a look and see how much you are saving compared to buying from your local retailers. We did not list every single country but we assume that you get the point. As you can see, savings are around the 20-40% off range even though the prices are at US MSRP and you have to pay for shipping. *Prices listed below may differ slightly due to live exchange rates and does not include applicable taxes. Currency updated as of July 28, 2011.

Queen's Annes Revenge cost $119.99 USD. Here are the conversion rates with shipping for the first item included. As you can see, Australia gets the biggest discount which also means that they suffer the most in paying MSRP prices.
  • Australia: 40% off - $120.97 AUD (retails at $199.99 AUD)
  • Canada: 20% off - $120.11 CAD (retails at $149.99 CAD)
  • France: 33% off - €92.65 EUR (retails at €139,90 EUR)
  • Germany: 29% off - €92.65 EUR (retails at €129,99 EUR)
  • United Kingdom: 21% off - £81.09 GBP (retails at £102.99 GBP)
Remember the example above is only for one item (you pay the highest shipping rate for one item). The more you buy, the better the savings because of the reduced shipping rate. Now do the math for yourself on the other LEGO sets at BN.com!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/world-buy-lego-a ... srp-prices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: [WORLD] Buy LEGO at US MSRP Prices (including 10% off PO

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 am

Be warned that BN.com is probably the worst website you can buy anything from. Their customer service is a joke and your orders will most likely be canceled for no reason or your LEGOs will come in looking like the box was run over.

However for 40% off it's probably worth trying.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:23 am

Wow thats a bad experience. From my experience, they were very good. I ordered 2 items (T-6 Shuttle and Battle of Naboo) in the same order but were shipped in 2 different box. There were lots of air bags inside for protection and it was even shipped in the original manufacture LEGO box! :P

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 am

I placed orders in 2010 and had no problems. One item was out of stock but it shipped when it became available. All orders were packaged nicely with air bags inside the shipping boxes. My most recent order was for the City Police Station #7498 in February and I had no issues using my GroupOn coupon and my Kids Club gift certificates.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:21 am

Wow, remind me to keep an eye on Barnes & Noble from now on. I just ordered Queen Anne's Revenge and Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen for $7 less than Queen Anne's Revenge by itself in Canada, and that's after shipping! If they had better selection, I'd buy all my LEGO from them.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 am

It used to be even better when coupons and discounts qualified for LEGO. But I guess more and more people are buying from them so the coupons and discounts all exclude LEGO now.

I feel bad for those living in Australia. They pay 30-40% higher than Canada and Canada prices are already 30-40% higher than US. So literally speaking, Australians pays 100% higher than US.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Ice wrote:It used to be even better when coupons and discounts qualified for LEGO. But I guess more and more people are buying from them so the coupons and discounts all exclude LEGO now.

I feel bad for those living in Australia. They pay 30-40% higher than Canada and Canada prices are already 30-40% higher than US. So literally speaking, Australians pays 100% higher than US.
Yeah, their coupons used to be a lot more applicable to Lego. Now you're lucky to find a B&N coupon that can be used with a Lego product.

I live in Canada and I've bought from them I think once or twice, once for the Prince of Persia set Battle of Alamut when I was lucky enough to find a B&N coupon also to use with it. Everything went alright, the box was in good condition but it was a bit slow getting to me (I think it was almost 3 weeks).

I preordered Queen Anne's Revenge and The Mill a little over a month ago some time during March. I'm hoping that with the sets appearing at various Toysrus locations in the US, that B&N will also get it prior to May 1st and ship it before that date.

And Australians paying even MORE than what Canadian's pay for their prices? Wow that's ridiculous pricing. Absolutely ridiculous. Complete rip-off if they're paying even more than us.

L-Man
I'm New !

Post by L-Man » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:05 pm

If I live in Canada can I get the Lego Star Wars sets from StarWars.com for the US Price?

I think I can but could somebody confirm this from ToysnBricks?

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Yes, but shipping is expensive. If you're buying sets where the price difference is at least $15 (like X-Wing, Tantive IV or Home One), it may save you a little (12-13%).

111ins
I'm New !

Post by 111ins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 pm

I was thinking of ordering a few sets from B&N and was wondering if anyone in Canada could tell me who the shipping is thru. I have found prevoius good deals online with low shipping but they ship with UPS or Purolator and then I get stuck with the regular customs charges AND their own handling fee that almost doubles the total duty that is charged.
Thanks for your time and Happy Building :D
Brian

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:30 pm

111ins wrote:I was thinking of ordering a few sets from B&N and was wondering if anyone in Canada could tell me who the shipping is thru. I have found prevoius good deals online with low shipping but they ship with UPS or Purolator and then I get stuck with the regular customs charges AND their own handling fee that almost doubles the total duty that is charged.
Thanks for your time and Happy Building :D
Brian
BN charges only 5% Federal GST tax, so you save from paying another 7-9% Provincial Tax (except Alberta). There's no customs or duties you have to pay and shipping is by USPS/Canada Post. ;)

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm

L-Man wrote:If I live in Canada can I get the Lego Star Wars sets from StarWars.com for the US Price?

I think I can but could somebody confirm this from ToysnBricks?
You can order to have it shipped to Canada but shipping is expensive.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:21 am

I would agree, it's not a bad deal. I've pre-ordered some of the PotC sets. Their shipping is a little slow (I can't recall what method they use) but it's worth it to save some $.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

fouzie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fouzie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:46 am

Good deal indeed. And it works internationally.
So after pre-order they will not discount anymore?

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:14 am

It's interesting to note that these sets are currently considered "books," published by LEGO. If that designation remains until the items are available, I wonder if coupons will be applicable...

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:37 am

I've only ordered one thing from them online but it came in great condition and I had no problems whatsoever. It got free shipping too.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

fouzie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fouzie » Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 am

I placed an order in April and now I get an email saying my shipment is delayed.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Tue May 03, 2011 5:58 am

fouzie wrote:I placed an order in April and now I get an email saying my shipment is delayed.
Got the same thing on my 3 orders.

Hopefully they will ship before the end of the week...

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:41 am

Oh Great... I haven't received the e-mail yet but that sure is frustrating. I've got my order in but I've heard nothing. I was hoping they would be on the ball with this, as my sons Bday is in a week and a half. Might have to see about canceling and getting it elsewhere if that is going to be the case.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Tue May 03, 2011 4:39 pm

This is the exact message they sent on May 2:

"We apologize, but due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the item(s) listed below in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We anticipate that your item(s) will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.) As always, you will not be charged until this item(s) ships from our warehouse."

I just hope they actually ship them... the timing isn't a huge deal to me (although it's a bit disappointing).