2011 LEGO City (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: 2011 LEGO City (Summer)

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm always a little disappointed by the boats. I know they actually float but it always feels like to me that you're getting this huge clunky one piece of LEGO that takes up most of the set price instead of usable pieces.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 pm

legitimatealex wrote:I'm always a little disappointed by the boats. I know they actually float but it always feels like to me that you're getting this huge clunky one piece of LEGO that takes up most of the set price instead of usable pieces.
They have been making boat hulls for at least 20 years, if they float I'm OK with it.

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Legospace Nasa site now live http://www.legospace.com/en-us/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:07 am

Got a nice poster with my Maersk train.

It states that the Harbor sets(which May calendar states) and the other 3 space sets will be out in May.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:12 am

Wow, they're putting out a LOT of stuff in May. Does that seem wise? This means they're going to have to simultaneous space-related themes out - the CITY spaceport sub-theme and Alien Conquest.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 am

vynsane wrote:Wow, they're putting out a LOT of stuff in May. Does that seem wise? This means they're going to have to simultaneous space-related themes out - the CITY spaceport sub-theme and Alien Conquest.
I think the two space subthemes attract remarkably different types of people. The alien conquest is more kids friendly, the us v them action theme. The city spaceport is more for your mature kids who want to build a big city, or the AFOL who just loves space : )

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

legitimatealex wrote:I think the two space subthemes attract remarkably different types of people. The alien conquest is more kids friendly, the us v them action theme. The city spaceport is more for your mature kids who want to build a big city, or the AFOL who just loves space : )
I must have a split personality, because I want all of both themes. :lol:

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Well we all want cool sets with cool pieces and cool minifigures!! We can get along.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:53 pm

legitimatealex wrote:
vynsane wrote:Wow, they're putting out a LOT of stuff in May. Does that seem wise? This means they're going to have to simultaneous space-related themes out - the CITY spaceport sub-theme and Alien Conquest.
I think the two space subthemes attract remarkably different types of people. The alien conquest is more kids friendly, the us v them action theme. The city spaceport is more for your mature kids who want to build a big city, or the AFOL who just loves space : )
OR

You could build your nice Lego City complete with Launch Paud, Marina, etc.... only to.... BE INVADED BY ALIENS RAWR! :twisted:
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 am

Luciant wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:
OR

You could build your nice Lego City complete with Launch Paud, Marina, etc.... only to.... BE INVADED BY ALIENS RAWR! :twisted:
Makes sense they would attack a space launch spot. :mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:23 am

ncbarrett wrote:Makes sense they would attack a space launch spot. :mrgreen:
In my mind, we start exploring space via the spaceport, which angers the aliens who have been keeping tabs on us, and so attack. We then start furiously developing better and more sophisticated spaceships and weapons in order to repel the onslaught, thus the ADU is formed. ;)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 am

I bought the little $5 boat. It's a nice set. I wish there was a different face. The new style cap is always welcomed. The torso is the old style "Oil" one which I thought was interesting.

It does float... well half of it. Where the minifigure is needs to be modded a little because it fills up quickly with water, but even with all the holes in the bottom it still floats pretty well.

The use of the big helicopter pieces is actually nice, really nice. The set looks great and for $5 would be a great toy to play with in the tub.