[CAN] tru has lego only sets instock!

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[CAN] tru has lego only sets instock!

Post by r4-g9 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 am

tru.ca has the folowing:
  • Maersk Train
  • Tower Bridge
  • Winter Village Bakery
  • Winter Toy Shop
  • Shuttle Adventure
  • Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter
  • Imperial Shuttle
  • Diagon Alley
all of thm execpt the mearsk train are avaliable now.
Last edited by Ice on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added referral link

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Re: [CAN] tru has lego only sets instock!

Post by Hodgeman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:54 am

Not a bad (Canadian) deal on LEGO Creator - Tower Bridge (10214) at $239.57 (20% off).

Wish that the train was in stock, currently also 20% off at $123.57.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:06 am

Who here would be surprised if the Maersk Train gets in stock on Friday, after the Creator sale is over? *looks around* Nobody? Well, then.

TRU offers free shipping, but LEGO offers VIP points. At this point, there's no real advantage to buying from either place, unless one of them is running a sale, or LEGO offers free shipping.

The strange thing is that only the Winter Toy Shop is listed as "Online Only." Surely the other sets won't be available in stores?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 am

QuagsireQing wrote:Who here would be surprised if the Maersk Train gets in stock on Friday, after the Creator sale is over? *looks around* Nobody? Well, then.

TRU offers free shipping, but LEGO offers VIP points. At this point, there's no real advantage to buying from either place, unless one of them is running a sale, or LEGO offers free shipping.

The strange thing is that only the Winter Toy Shop is listed as "Online Only." Surely the other sets won't be available in stores?
Yes definitely. Always like that. I'm real tempted for the Winter Bakery though (I would prefer the Toy Store but it isn't available currently). I've said before I hope to get some of the bigger sets in the US if I do get that chance later this year but by then the Winter sets (the bakery and the toy shop) might be out of stock by then.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Please use this link before you buy.
http://www.pjtra.com/t/Sj9KREtHP0hHRUhDP0dJQkhJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:49 pm

RARGGHHH! Why isn't the Maersk train available?

Nice to see that Diagon Alley is finally available, but I guess it would be better to buy it at the Lego Store as HP never seems to go on sale and at least you know the box won't be battered.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:57 pm

QuagsireQing wrote: TRU offers free shipping, but LEGO offers VIP points. At this point, there's no real advantage to buying from either place, unless one of them is running a sale, or LEGO offers free shipping.
You can get it a little cheaper from ToysRUs. The 5% VIP rewards is not enough to cover shipping. ;)
Toronadian wrote: Yes definitely. Always like that. I'm real tempted for the Winter Bakery though (I would prefer the Toy Store but it isn't available currently). I've said before I hope to get some of the bigger sets in the US if I do get that chance later this year but by then the Winter sets (the bakery and the toy shop) might be out of stock by then.
I believe LEGO Stores in USA had the bakery set on sale for $38 since January. But people still found them during March. ;)
autobrick wrote:RARGGHHH! Why isn't the Maersk train available?

Why not try to win it for FREE? You can enter our Micro Build Tournament 2011 Contest for your chance to win. :D

computershopper
I'm New !

Post by computershopper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:13 pm

FYI, the train is available now, limit one per household.

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm

computershopper wrote:FYI, the train is available now, limit one per household.
Says out of stock for me.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:38 pm

That must have been one heck of an "In Stock" period, 'cause I'm still seeing OOS. I wish their e-mail service actually worked, instead of giving a server error.
Ice wrote:You can get it a little cheaper from ToysRUs. The 5% VIP rewards is not enough to cover shipping.
I've got a cart of seven items that I've essentially been sitting on since Christmas, waiting for a good deal, and the shipping is exactly 5% of the total. The only thing that I can see that wouldn't cause VIP and shipping to negate each other is the tax on the shipping. Is that what you mean?

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

I called them and the CSR told me no rain checks for promotions. :|
QuagsireQing wrote:I've got a cart of seven items that I've essentially been sitting on since Christmas, waiting for a good deal, and the shipping is exactly 5% of the total. The only thing that I can see that wouldn't cause VIP and shipping to negate each other is the tax on the shipping. Is that what you mean?
Its better to get your money back instantly from TRU rather than having to make another purchase and let it sit in your VIP account from Lego. But in the case of TRU, their shipping sucks (often end up getting crushed boxes) so Lego will be the better option.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Bummer that the Maersk Train isn't available. I thought this set was exclusive to LEGO Stores and Shop @ Home?

computershopper
I'm New !

Post by computershopper » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Senator wrote:
computershopper wrote:FYI, the train is available now, limit one per household.
Says out of stock for me.
That was quick! Glad I didn't hesitate and was able to get one for in that 15 minute window.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Wow, Shuttle Adventure is out of stock now too.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 am

Don't worry, they'll all be back in stock tomorrow when the sale is over :)
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 am

Hodgeman wrote:Don't worry, they'll all be back in stock tomorrow when the sale is over :)
You are right. In fact, this wasn't really a huge sale; however, they didn't honor the sale. This 20% off could merely match to U.S MSRP price.

I felt so bad that poor canadian, including myself, had to react to his kind of deal like we hadn't eaten in weeks.
Last edited by legohunter on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:13 am

dr_spock wrote:Wow, Shuttle Adventure is out of stock now too.
I missed the sale and this is the only box set I would like to get from this sale. However, I am not worried at all. I believe there will be other deal better than this one.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:49 pm

legohunter wrote: You are right. In fact, this wasn't really a huge sale; however, they didn't honor the sale. This 20% off could merely match to U.S MSRP price.

I felt so bad that poor canadian, including myself, had to react to his kind of deal like we hadn't eaten in weeks.
Sucks that ToysRUs is the only one in Canada that gets the exclusives (other than LEGOShop). 25% off is the best sale and they will probably make you buy multiple sets to get the discount. :(

BTW, Canadian dollar today reached $1.05 CAD = $1 US.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:16 pm

The only thing that I guess our reaction can be to these prices:

I took too long to decide and the winter bakery also went out of stock sometime in the past 24 hrs.

SpaceLego
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SpaceLego » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Market Village is instock. Funny how it was not instock during the sale last week.