LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
User avatar
legitimatealex
Count
Count
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 am

Eddy976 wrote:
yoda99 wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:According to Facebook, Mac Beta Testing starts this friday.
Do the people using Mac play with the same people online using windows?
I think they don't play with the same people. Mac users plays with Mac users and window users plays with window users.
No.

They all play together on whatever server they happen to be playing on. If this were true you would have 10% of the PC market playing with each other while the other 90% laughed at them.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

User avatar
toystest
Knight
Knight
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 am

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by toystest » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 am

legitimatealex wrote:
Eddy976 wrote: I think they don't play with the same people. Mac users plays with Mac users and window users plays with window users.
No.

They all play together on whatever server they happen to be playing on. If this were true you would have 10% of the PC market playing with each other while the other 90% laughed at them.
kinda like real life :twisted:

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 pm

legitimatealex wrote:If this were true you would have 10% of the PC market playing with each other while the other 90% laughed at them.
More like 10% playing the game while the other 90% got frustrated trying to get the new graphics drivers to install, have their headset not get recognized by the bluetooth adapter, and then give up and check their facebook after the 11th time Windows asked if it was okay to let the game installer do something.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by natelite » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:43 am

vynsane wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:If this were true you would have 10% of the PC market playing with each other while the other 90% laughed at them.
More like 10% playing the game while the other 90% got frustrated trying to get the new graphics drivers to install, have their headset not get recognized by the bluetooth adapter, and then give up and check their facebook after the 11th time Windows asked if it was okay to let the game installer do something.
sounds like you got vista! :lol:

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 am

natelite wrote:sounds like you got vista! :lol:
Heh, no, just a long line of Windows machines ('95, '98, 2K, XP, Vista, 7) until my company bought me a 17" MacBook Pro. ;) Although I maintain the best of multiple worlds, with VMWare on the MBP running Win7 as a virtual machine (and XP, and Xubuntu Linux, and the preview of ChromeOS...)

Although I have my problems with Apple as a company (I think the most recent update to Snow Leopard injected some code that makes the Gecko engine, the HTML renderer for Mozilla products, crash. It doesn't affect Google Chrome, as it would be self-sabotage, since Chrome and Safari both use Webkit!) their products just WORK, and do what they say out-the-box. My first PC that came with a DVD drive wasn't capable of playing DVDs without a new video card and/or more RAM, but was promoted as a 'DVD PC'!

While that's not Micro$oft's fault (it was an HP, so they're to blame for semi-false advertising) it was at one time a rampant problem because of the open IBM-clone market. By keeping their hardware in-house and proprietary, Apple can exert better control over how their systems are engineered and advertised - they'll do what it says they do, guaranteed.

Hrm... this really kinda derailed the topic - maybe we need a 'general discussion' area I can then split and move this to, huh Ice?

Anyway, to bring it back on topic, I wonder if the Mac version will have a pre-order promo figure (whether it be the same orange spaceman or something different...)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: What do you think about LEGO Universe?

Post by Mantisking » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:42 am

I'm getting more and more interested as the days go bye, I'm leaning towards the Assembly Faction. Anyone else have an early favorite?

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:15 pm

They are holding a special release party for this game at lego brand stores on Oct 9th.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

User avatar
possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Charlotte NC
Contact:

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by possum » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 am

I've a question for those of you familiar with MMOGs. I have never done more than made fun of WoW & Everquest playing co-workers, so I have no experience. I did preorder Universe, though. If I don't like it and don't want to pay, can you re-sell the DVD to someone who wants it? Or am I just out the $40 minus minifig?
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

User avatar
legitimatealex
Count
Count
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 am

possum wrote:I've a question for those of you familiar with MMOGs. I have never done more than made fun of WoW & Everquest playing co-workers, so I have no experience. I did preorder Universe, though. If I don't like it and don't want to pay, can you re-sell the DVD to someone who wants it? Or am I just out the $40 minus minifig?
Depends on the return policy. I assume that you get a free month with Universe. Most MMOs give you a free month with purchase. With WoW you can't return the physical copy if you've already used the code on the box because that starts your account. However if you buy an online digital key code and just download the game from online you can refund that within 30 days I believe.

I don't think you're going to be able to refund your LEGO Universe though. If they tie their game activation codes to the physical box (which is highly likely since I have not seen anything anywhere online to download the game and then buy a digital activation key) then you're out of luck.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

User avatar
legitimatealex
Count
Count
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:49 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ft-Avatars

Just thought I'd share. Apparently there are more pixels in a single 8 stud LEGO brick in LEGO Universe than there are in a single WoW avatar.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

User avatar
possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Charlotte NC
Contact:

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by possum » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks for the advice Alex. I meant selling/giving it to another player, not refunding. I'm sure I'll get $40 worth of wonderment out of it at the least, so I'm not really sweating it.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by vynsane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:58 pm

LEGO Store "LEGO Universe" Launch party this Saturday, October 9th. Buy LEGO Universe at the store on that day and you receive a free LEGO Universe rocket set (the one that goes along with the orange spaceman minifigure).
LEGO_universe_launch_party.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:32 am

I'm pretty sure my invite is different.
Ill have to recheck.

Although It came with an entry to win a big set with the rocket in it.
I think the only free with purchase thing was a duplo block with max on it.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:28 am

Prima guide now available.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... 53D2856027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by vynsane » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:22 pm

There are reports of LEGO VIP members receiving free copies of the software including a free month of gameplay attached to the 2011 Spring catalog. So far, recipients have been located in the UK and Canada. This must be part of a new push campaign, now that LEGO has taken over controlling interest in the promotion/development of the game. Here's hoping the US gets a taste of the action. Frankly, the smartest thing they can do is give the software away and move to a pay-to-play option. Personally, I would play this game if I could pay for a few hours here and there as opposed to pay a monthly fee. I have months where that $10 would completely go to waste.

Additionally, others (so far in Germany and the UK) are reporting having received a leaflet promoting the game for £7.49 or 9.99€.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by super12 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 pm

yea! I got my spring catalog... and all i got is a 9.99 coupon for the game... and the first month free... LAME!!!

JP3804
I'm New !
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 am

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by JP3804 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi, I received my catalog today with the free game ( I live in IL.) I have been a VIP member from the begining and have a lot of points, maybe that has something to do with who gets it.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by vynsane » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 pm

super12 wrote:yea! I got my spring catalog... and all i got is a 9.99 coupon for the game... and the first month free... LAME!!!
Are you a VIP member?
JP3804 wrote:Hi, I received my catalog today with the free game ( I live in IL.) I have been a VIP member from the begining and have a lot of points, maybe that has something to do with who gets it.
Cool, I believe I'm an early VIP member (signed up in January of 2010) so here's hoping! I've really wanted to check out this game, but don't have the time to justify the expense.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by atmail35 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 am

I received my spring catalog last Friday (4/1) with the free Lego Universe game. I've been a VIP member since Dec. 2009. Honestly I'm not sure if I'll use it or not. My daughter is only 5 so unless my husband or I want to play it may go unused.

Any thoughts on the age range for this? I know the game says 10 and up, is there any "use/benefit" in letting a 5 or 6 year old try it out? Would it be too frustrating or not age appropriate?

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: LEGO Universe Multiplayer Online Game

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 am

atmail35 wrote:...
Any thoughts on the age range for this? I know the game says 10 and up, is there any "use/benefit" in letting a 5 or 6 year old try it out? Would it be too frustrating or not age appropriate?
I would gage it by what sets your 5/6 year builds. If they can handle the 10+ lego sets, then should have no problem in universe game.

I beta tested, and had some frustrating moments, but that was most likely due to bugs/glitches.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests