Exclusive Captain Jack Sparrows fig when you preorder game

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Exclusive Captain Jack Sparrows fig when you preorder game

Post by Eddy976 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Right now at GameStop
Pre-Order LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game and receive an Exclusive LEGO® Pirates of The Caribbean mini-figure. Available online and in-store while supplies last.
ImageImage

Click here to buy now.
Last edited by Ice on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added referral link

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Exclusive Captain Jack Sparrows fig when you preorder ga

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 am

This and the free TIE Fighter with LEGO SW III, is a step in the right direction. Before, the only promos were keychains. (Keychains are lame IMHO.) If LEGO wants to succeed in selling more copies of these games on day one, they should introduce a Limited Collector's Edition that includes an exclusive theme related set with 3+ minifigures that would retail for $20. They could price it at $70, and even some collectors without a game system would buy it.

Although I don't care for POTC or Clone Wars themes as sets, so this tactic wouldn't work on me in this case. I will love the games to death, but I'm not collecting those sets. For Harry Potter 5-8/Complete, it would if the set was cool.

It's pretty cool that two big multi-platform TT LEGO games are being released 8 weeks apart. I'm one of their big fans who will play the games on both console (360) and handheld, but I have never paid close to full retail price. I usually rent to own or rent and buy later via Gamefly.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Ya I agree the only problem is I don't believe either of these are "Limited Collector's Edition".

It says "Exclusive Captain Jack Sparrow fig" but in my opinion it looks like one that we will get in the POTC sets. Probably 'exclusive' because you can get the 'fig only' that way. I could be wrong, but just like too 'average' of a fig.

The free TIE Fighter is also know supposedly being sold at a store (Walmart I believe).

So it looks like you can get both 'gifts' by other means. I definitely won't be paying full MSRP for these games :P
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Luciant wrote:Ya I agree the only problem is I don't believe either of these are "Limited Collector's Edition".

It says "Exclusive Captain Jack Sparrow fig" but in my opinion it looks like one that we will get in the POTC sets. Probably 'exclusive' because you can get the 'fig only' that way. I could be wrong, but just like too 'average' of a fig.

The free TIE Fighter is also know supposedly being sold at a store (Walmart I believe).

So it looks like you can get both 'gifts' by other means. I definitely won't be paying full MSRP for these games :P
Your assumptions are wrong. All of the POTC sets except for the Black Pearl have been shown off, and the community even has high-res marketing images of the sets as well. None of the Jack Sparrow figures in the regular sets have that face printing. People are saying it's supposed to be a wooden voodoo doll that ties in with the storyline of the new movie.

Although I am wondering if it may be released in another way at a later time. Perhaps there is an unannounced polybag set that may include this figure. But I consider that to be unlikely. It might show up in the Black Pearl later this year, but again, unlikely. I think this may be the only way this figure is available.

I don't like tricky exclusives like this. I want that figure, but I don't want to pay 50 bucks for the game. I guess an option is to buy the bundle to get the minifig, and sell the MISB game at a slight loss on eBay.

slayerdread
Peasant
Peasant

Post by slayerdread » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:55 pm

I just visited my local Gamestop, the clerks told me it was a keychain (I'm hoping they're wrong, they didn't really seem sure). I'll ask at another Gamestop tomorrow...

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Please use this link if your buying online.

Plus, don't forget to use coupon code 10FREE to receive $10 off and FREE Shipping when you spend $79.99 or coupon code 20PRE for 20% off in-stock pre-owned games and accessories. Offer is good until the end of this month.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Zeya wrote:I don't like tricky exclusives like this. I want that figure, but I don't want to pay 50 bucks for the game. I guess an option is to buy the bundle to get the minifig, and sell the MISB game at a slight loss on eBay.
Ya I don't either, especially if its for a Key-chain one :P I was thinking maybe pre-order it for the fig, and then return the game unopened after purchase. They would probably only give Store credit... and I don't really mess with GameStop often enough to want a $50 gift card :P
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.