[CAN] ToysRUs 25% Star Wars or Creator

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
markg11cdn
Peasant
Peasant

[CAN] ToysRUs 25% Star Wars or Creator

Post by markg11cdn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Friday, Feb 25th to Thursday, March 3rd

25% off with purchase of ANY 2 LEGO Star Wars or Creator Building Sets (excluding clearance)

A slightly better deal than the buy 1 get one half off since you don't have to purchase sets of equal value to get the 25% off.

Buy Now: LEGO Star Wars | LEGO Creator

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [CAN] ToysRUs 25% Star Wars or Creator

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Yes! Their annual 25% off February LEGO Star Wars sale is back. I was getting a bit worry there won't be any. This is one of their best sales aside from clearance. Thanks for the heads up on this. Time to get the Death Star. :D

Only thing I'm worry about now is their online bug with the Buy 2 & Save business.

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

one would think by now they'd have solved it. But I guess that's asking for too much.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Only prob is I never see Death Star Available for Shipping, only for In-Store Pickup.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 pm

If they still had Modular Houses under Creator, I would have woken up early to try and order Grand Emporium (which is how I got the Green Grocer and Fire Brigade last year; have to get those as soon as the sale goes live since quantities are heavily limited during these sales). At the moment they don't have it on their site anymore so I don't need to worry about that I guess :lol: . Tempted to pick up the Creator Log Cabin during this sale though.

For those who wan the Death Star, good time to get it now if you don't plan on traveling to the US any time soon. I would get one but at $500 before discount, even with 25% off it's still WAY too expensive for me.

nonzerosum
I'm New !

Post by nonzerosum » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Any idea what time the TRU (CAN) sale goes live on Friday? Wondering if it's a stay up late or wake up early situation if I want the Death Star.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Is this sale ONLY in Canada, or is USA doing this sale as well?

Also, do they actually have Death Star's listed for shipping on the Canadian site??

I never could find one available for shipping even NOT discounted.... so I just bit the bullet and bought one from Lego... figure you earn $30 in Lego Points or so..
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:06 am

Toronadian wrote:If they still had Modular Houses under Creator, I would have woken up early to try and order Grand Emporium (which is how I got the Green Grocer and Fire Brigade last year; have to get those as soon as the sale goes live since quantities are heavily limited during these sales). At the moment they don't have it on their site anymore so I don't need to worry about that I guess :lol: . Tempted to pick up the Creator Log Cabin during this sale though.

For those who wan the Death Star, good time to get it now if you don't plan on traveling to the US any time soon. I would get one but at $500 before discount, even with 25% off it's still WAY too expensive for me.
Could not find Grand Emporium nor Fire Brigade from their site.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:20 am

nonzerosum wrote:Any idea what time the TRU (CAN) sale goes live on Friday? Wondering if it's a stay up late or wake up early situation if I want the Death Star.
Usually it goes live 9pm PST Thursday / 0:00 EST Friday. But sometimes they don't make the sale live until the morning so you pretty much never know.
Luciant wrote:Is this sale ONLY in Canada, or is USA doing this sale as well?

Also, do they actually have Death Star's listed for shipping on the Canadian site??

I never could find one available for shipping even NOT discounted.... so I just bit the bullet and bought one from Lego... figure you earn $30 in Lego Points or so..
Yes its only in Canada. The Death Star is listed at ToysRUs.ca. But its not worth it for you to order from Canada cause its way more expensive here. Even with 25% off and free shipping, it will cost $420 after tax.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:18 am

Wow... I should set up shop buying sets and selling em to you canucks.... could make a profit and save you guys money...

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:56 am

So was the death star ever in stock for the sale? Or did it suddenly become out of stock when the sale started?

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 am

bulwark wrote:So was the death star ever in stock for the sale? Or did it suddenly become out of stock when the sale started?
I managed to put it in my cart, along with the Battle of Endor, when it was in stock and on sale, but I couldn't get the order to go through ('could not process your order for unspecified reasons'). I frantically retried several times, even in different browsers, but couldn't get the order through. After a couple of moments, they both went out of stock! :x I notice now that the Battle of Endor is back in stock, so maybe the Death Star came back and got 'sold out' a second time, this time for real?

Did anybody manage to buy the Death Star? I wonder if this is some of TRU's shenanigans.

nonzerosum
I'm New !

Post by nonzerosum » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:50 am

I also was out of luck. So very sad. It was in stock until about 1:30 am EST and when I called TRU they said it would go live between 6 and 9 am EST. When I tried at 9:05 EST they were gone. I wonder how many they had.

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:57 am

someone on redflagdeals gave me a heads up when they were back in stock. unfortunately I got the message while I was driving to work so I missed it a second time.

nonzerosum
I'm New !

Post by nonzerosum » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:14 am

Perhaps there will be another restock???

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:36 am

I checked it at 9pm and 12am PST and the sale did not start yet. ToysRUs did had 5 death stars instock before the sale. Even the AT-AT Walker is sold out now. :(

nonzerosum
I'm New !

Post by nonzerosum » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 am

I guess 5 people are smiling right now. Somehow it feels better knowing my odds at successfully buying one were very low.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:38 am

Yet another irritating thing - it only applies the discount to 2 items. I wanted to buy a few (4+) smaller sets, but you only get the discount on the first 2... does that sound right to you guys?
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:48 am

yeah that bugged me too. Especially since the free shipping doesn't kick in till the $100 mark. So I'll have to get it in store or just buy it from the star wars store.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:57 am

Hodgeman wrote:Yet another irritating thing - it only applies the discount to 2 items. I wanted to buy a few (4+) smaller sets, but you only get the discount on the first 2... does that sound right to you guys?
Why does it seem that ordering from TRU online is always a disappointment? From low (or no) stock, to not having discounts applied properly or even having sets shipped without a box (they put shipping labels all over the front of my Green Grocer! :evil: )? They should really give their online department an overhaul.