Amazon.com 10% off Imperial Shuttle

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Amazon.com 10% off Imperial Shuttle

Post by Eddy976 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:57 pm

UCS imperial shuttle $233.99 and free ship.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html? ... ative=9325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Amazon.com 10% off Imperial Shuttle

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks for posting.....no tax, free shipping....10% was just enough to make me pull the trigger on a set I otherwise wouldn't at the moment. :)

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm not sure how well this set is selling in general, but what would be the odds it's going to go on a decent discount at Lego.com this year for the May the Fourth be With You sale Lego usually has on Star Wars sets?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:13 am

Honestly, I would say little to none. I hardly ever see sales on the UCS sets, so even 10% with no tax is an incredibly good discount. Enough that I just pulled the trigger as well... 10% + 7.5% sales tax = 17% off...not bad.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atoultaro
Peasant
Peasant

Post by atoultaro » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:30 am

The price discount is Amazon's price match to Toys R Us sale.
This set looks really nice and make me tempted to pull the trigger.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 am

That's odd, I remember two years in a row the UCS Falcon was discounted to 375.00 and that's when I picked one up. I guess I'll just hope they play it the same way this year with the UCS Imperial Shuttle.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 am

If I go to my closest LEGO store in chicago its 10% sales tax, plus the fuel for the 1+ hour drive....bah this is a pretty sweet deal for me. You plan on building it when you get it Luciant? Mine may stay shelved for a few months for my son's birthday....not sure if I can hold out that long though ;)

atoultaro
Peasant
Peasant

Post by atoultaro » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:37 am

TRU stopped the 10% price drop this morning.
I predict Amazon's price will go back to MSRP later today or tomorrow.
To do (buy) or not to do (buy), ....
Decision, decision......

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:22 pm

atoultaro wrote:TRU stopped the 10% price drop this morning.
Decision, decision......

I'm waiting - I'm pretty sure it will be on sale May 4rth.

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:13 pm

atoultaro wrote:The price discount is Amazon's price match to Toys R Us sale.
This set looks really nice and make me tempted to pull the trigger.
Decision, decision......
That 10% price drop is last week's TRU sale. I don't think Amazon price match with TRU. If Amazon did, all of their star wars will be 10% off (like the republic dropship and death star).

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 pm

pumbaugh wrote:If I go to my closest LEGO store in chicago its 10% sales tax, plus the fuel for the 1+ hour drive....bah this is a pretty sweet deal for me. You plan on building it when you get it Luciant? Mine may stay shelved for a few months for my son's birthday....not sure if I can hold out that long though ;)
Exactly. My closest Lego store is 4 hours away, and none of my local toy stores ever carry big ticket items like this or the Death Star, etc... so I *HAVE* to order it online... considering it is a huge/heavy set.... the savings on shipping and tax alone justify the purchase.. the 10% discount forced me to buy =)

I want to say i don't plan on building it soon... as long as I can fight myself at least. I plan to not build it until they officially annouce it's retirement this summer and pull it from S@H. Only reason to do that really is to see if I can catch it on clearance at S@H...

This brings me to the other post I wanted to touch on... I think Lego learned it's mistake from the USC Millenium Falcon.... They realized no one bought the thing until it was on clearance, only to see it double in price almost immediately on Ebay.. I dont think they want to repeat that so I think they don't think their production orders are as big so they don't have tons of product to clear at cellar prices...

Ask yourself: When was the last time I saw the Death Star on sale / clearance? Or any other USC set since the MF? Even the Motorized AT-AT Walker (which also did not sell very well), never went more than like 10% off. I'd rather err on the side of caution and pick a Shuttle up at 10% off with no ship/tax that I can resell for a nice profit if I find a better deal, rather than totally miss out on any sale.

I dunno, I find it better to go ahead and pull the trigger on sales and if need be, resell or return if you find a better price. I've missed out on deals on a few sets that I wanted only to have them get marked back up to normal price and then get d/c... not gonna let that happen anymore.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atoultaro
Peasant
Peasant

Post by atoultaro » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 am

...I predict Amazon's price will go back to MSRP later today or tomorrow....
My prediction is correct!! Amazon's price is back to MSRP.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:56 pm

atoultaro wrote:

Yep... as expected =) Just cuz Amazon doesn't match EVERY price doesn't mean they won't match a price of a popular item from Toys R Us... there is just no rhyme or reason as to why they match some prices but not all. Hence why I rarely shop on amazon... but thank for Original Poster for letting me snag this sweetness.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Luciant wrote: I dunno, I find it better to go ahead and pull the trigger on sales and if need be, resell or return if you find a better price. I've missed out on deals on a few sets that I wanted only to have them get marked back up to normal price and then get d/c... not gonna let that happen anymore.
Case in point. Thankfully I followed my rules and made the purchase.

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:11 pm

atoultaro wrote:
Guess I was wrong. ;)

keithk
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by keithk » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:29 am

It's baaaack...

List Price: $259.99
Price: $233.99
You Save: $26.00 (10%)

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm

There's also 2 instock right now from a third party for $219.95 + $8.99 shipping. Total works out to be $228.94.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041I ... B0041I0N9A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;