Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar

Post by sadowsk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:09 pm

I just saw this link and I haven't heard any speculation on it? Anyone else have any more information on the Lego Star Wars 2011 Advent Calendar?

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7958-1

koromo
Knight
Knight

Re: Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar

Post by koromo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Saw that myself. I hope that there is a Billy Dees day in Dec :)
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 pm

0.o Why hello there LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar. I'd like to get friendly with you. These advent calendars are such good deals but I swear they disappear like hot cakes in the morning.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm

it really depends on the mfs. if you get unique mfs like maybe the ceremony luke then expect prices to jump. most calendar sets jump because of the unique mfs, like the prince and queen of kingdom's calendar.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:40 pm

natelite wrote:it really depends on the mfs. if you get unique mfs like maybe the ceremony luke then expect prices to jump. most calendar sets jump because of the unique mfs, like the prince and queen of kingdom's calendar.
I'm pretty sure that specific minifigure will stay exclusive to the book set since it was advertised as such.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Hmmm...what if it featured minifigs based on the Star Wars Holiday Special? That might be interesting. They'd be able to do different Wookiees (Chewbacca's family), a Holiday Special Boba Fett, or aliens from the cantina.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm

I just hope it's true and hope to hear more about it soon. It wouldn't surprise me if they included just one unique thing to ensure people are going to buy it. I haven't seen it but based on the fact that it's a Star Wars advent calendar has me sold.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 pm

spacysmoke wrote:Hmmm...what if it featured minifigs based on the Star Wars Holiday Special? That might be interesting. They'd be able to do different Wookiees (Chewbacca's family), a Holiday Special Boba Fett, or aliens from the cantina.
That would be...frightening. That Christmas special has a special place in my nightmares.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:54 am

legitimatealex wrote:
natelite wrote:it really depends on the mfs. if you get unique mfs like maybe the ceremony luke then expect prices to jump. most calendar sets jump because of the unique mfs, like the prince and queen of kingdom's calendar.
I'm pretty sure that specific minifigure will stay exclusive to the book set since it was advertised as such.
i said _LIKE_ ;) not shall or will.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 am

odds are if this set exists it will most likely be with the micro ships and not minifigs.

mewk
I'm New !

Post by mewk » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:16 pm

legitimatealex wrote:
spacysmoke wrote:Hmmm...what if it featured minifigs based on the Star Wars Holiday Special? That might be interesting. They'd be able to do different Wookiees (Chewbacca's family), a Holiday Special Boba Fett, or aliens from the cantina.
That would be...frightening. That Christmas special has a special place in my nightmares.
Oh c'mon, no love for a Bea Arthur minifig? :P

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2011 LEGO Star Wars (Summer)

Post by r4-g9 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:08 am

the new advent calander with yoda claus
http://theclonenews.freeblog.hu/files/2 ... foto33.png
foto33.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:15 am

r4-g9 wrote:the new advent calander with yoda claus
Interesting how most of (if not all) of the mini vehicles are from the original trilogy, and most of the mini figures are from the prequel. (All if you remember Chewie was in Episode 3, as was yoda).

It will probably be a shop@home exclusive, and ridiculously over priced, but time will tell.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 am

hatcher wrote:
Interesting how most of (if not all) of the mini vehicles are from the original trilogy, and most of the mini figures are from the prequel. (All if you remember Chewie was in Episode 3, as was yoda).

It will probably be a shop@home exclusive, and ridiculously over priced, but time will tell.
It looks awesome though.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 am

Thanks for sharing r4-g9! That looks awesome. :P

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 pm

Looks a little plain... but i'll take it!

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm

I have mixed feelings about the SW Advent calendar. It is funny that that most vehicles are OT and the figures are all PT. Since the ships are micro, they don't go well with the previous mini sets. These micro set would go well with the mid-scale Star Destroyer and the Death Star II, except the X-Wing is out of scale.

It's actually a good thing I don't love this set because it would empty my wallet with multiples. The Santa Yoda is tempting. I hope LEGO can release proper mini A-Wings, B-Wings, and other TIEs. (I'd figuratively die for an Ultimate Medical Frigate + Calamari Cruiser, but mid-scale would be cool too.)

I'd bet the advent calendar pricing to be $39.99 (USD). Ouch. One last worry is that I hope this does not cut into the possibility of a 2011 Kingdoms advent calendar. (I wouldn't care if there was no 2011 City advent. I could use that money to buy a second 2011 Kingdoms advent calendar. I was one of the lucky people who would call LEGO years ago for the then-UK-exclusive Kingdoms advent calendar with a pass code for a US order.)

I don't think the Ewok Attack needs to add another scout, but then again, I only care about getting those Ewoks and they rest of the set would turn to spares. I have one of those custom Ewok villages from eBay where a dozen Ewoks need more unique characters like this. They look great and I do like that the other pieces are for a tree instead of something else.

LEGO should make an Ewok Village set. It would need to be at least $80 for it to be decent ($150 for something jaw dropping). It would need to focus on Ewoks (probably just a repack of all 5 modern Ewoks). It would be interesting even for non-Ewok fans because the build will look primitive and organic (huts in a tree) plus a great source of brown and tan pieces.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:32 pm

I am not viewing the calendar favorably. It ought to stay on one side of the OT/PT line. Previous calendars did have some micro scale items but alot of the builds included mini-fig scaled props and interactions. This prelim image is devoid of that showing more to the micro ships and oh hay random minis we have already seen before (sans santa). The kingdom and Pirates set had some novel figures.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:18 pm

If you count that's only half the calendar, there are only 12 days there. I hope the other 12 are better because right now it looks horrible. I agree with the "They should have picked sides". If the Star Wars license is ever official extended (I haven't seen anywhere where they came out and said that it will go on beyond 2011) then this year could be clone wars and next year OT, and the year after that PT.

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:17 am

Looks good, my boys will want it. Wonder what they will change since it say Preliminary on it.