Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
stocktheodds
I'm New !

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by stocktheodds » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Not a super deal price wise, but did see that Amazon had the Star Wars Motorized AT-AT in stock with 1 left for retail at $129.99 so I bought it and it arrived the other day. Thought I had missed out on this one, but got lucky.

WhenYouSeeIt
I'm New !

Post by WhenYouSeeIt » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:28 pm

I just picked up 4842 Hogwart's Castle at my local(ish) Target on clearance for 50% off - $64.98 before tax. They also had two untouched cases of Series 3 Minifigs, which I grabbed a few handfuls of. When I got to work a coworker brought in a huge tub full of loose minifigs from a donation she had received, and she let me have a pile of em', so I kinda feel like today was my day for Lego! Happy hunting to everybody, and if you're in the North Country, head to the Watertown Target's Valentine's Day section for your Minfig needs!
Looking for Zombies or Pharoah's Quest Minifigs to trade for various Series 3 Minifigs including the coveted Elves and Fishermen! PM me for details. Can ship/receive in Canada & the US!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Found 5983 Undercover Cruiser @ K-mart for $3 each, they had 2! Also found a 7789 Lotso's Truck 7590 Woody and Buzz to the Rescue each for $10 (Go check your K-marts!)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Combined my December TRU Rewards coupons with the SW sale this past weekend & got the new V-Wing for $4! The wife was quite pleased.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 pm

I picked up the Flying Mummy Attack (7307) for $5.64 after taxes using a TRU 20% off coupon and my TRU rewards.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:53 am

Mantisking wrote:I picked up the Flying Mummy Attack (7307) for $5.64 after taxes using a TRU 20% off coupon and my TRU rewards.
Ohhhh man........you got a GOOD deal. You know how to celebrate good deals, right? Buy MORE LEGO!
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:47 am

Mantisking wrote:I picked up the Flying Mummy Attack (7307) for $5.64 after taxes using a TRU 20% off coupon and my TRU rewards.
BobaFett2 wrote:Ohhhh man........you got a GOOD deal.
It would have been better -- darn near free -- if I hadn't grabbed a Tron action figure at the same time. It rang up as $19.99 instead of the price on the shelf which was $22.99, I had a 20% off coupon, and then $16 in TRU Rewards, which would have left $1.24 in tax.
BobaFett2 wrote:You know how to celebrate good deals, right? Buy MORE LEGO!
I still have to build the Ice Dragon Attack set (2260) and sort a whole bunch of others before I get to buying more. Well, maybe. :D There's a BOGO-Free sale on certain Bionicle sets and I'm looking at grabbing a couple that have parts I want.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 am

One of the Walmart's near me is clearing out some older sets. I picked up the last of their Construct-A-Zurg for $5, and got 4 of the fire helicopter sets for $15 each (regularly $54.99 CAN, so I basically got 4 for the price of 1)! Also found a couple of the LEGO games for $5 (Magicus) and $10 (Lava Dragon).
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 am

hatcher wrote:One of the Walmart's near me is clearing out some older sets. I picked up the last of their Construct-A-Zurg for $5, and got 4 of the fire helicopter sets for $15 each (regularly $54.99 CAN, so I basically got 4 for the price of 1)! Also found a couple of the LEGO games for $5 (Magicus) and $10 (Lava Dragon).
YMMV. The walmart near me had the fire helicopter for $30. Race 3000 was $20.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

POP Ostrich Race $5.04 Target Calif.

Post by dehnehsu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Any California Lego Fans near the Mountain View Target, The Prince of Persia Ostrich race is $5.04. There's a big sign indicating 50% off but the boxes are retagged at $5.04 (75% off) There were 20 sets left as of today (Saturday) They are hidden away from the Lego section on an end cap near the back corner of the store in the Toy Dept.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Picked up a V-wing at Tru for free. Got 3 $5 rewards coupon and got a $2 and $5 coupon from my buddy that were all expiring yesterday. So I guess rewards coupon are not tied up to just your own rewards card.

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Does eBay count? I just nailed down an Indiana Jones Peril in Peru #7628 for $36.00. Looks like an awesome set!

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Bricksnapper52 wrote:Does eBay count? I just nailed down an Indiana Jones Peril in Peru #7628 for $36.00. Looks like an awesome set!
Best aircraft set EVER (because it's so brick-built) AND lots of Indiana Jones minifigs. Well done!

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Two 3222 City Helicopter and Limousine sets at a local Walmart, for $10 each. Looks like they were starting to put together a few clearance aisles. Lots of workers moving toys around, unpacking boxes, repricing stuff. They had just started, so maybe there's a Walmart sale coming up this weekend.

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 pm

NiceMarmot wrote:Two 3222 City Helicopter and Limousine sets at a local Walmart, for $10 each. Looks like they were starting to put together a few clearance aisles. Lots of workers moving toys around, unpacking boxes, repricing stuff. They had just started, so maybe there's a Walmart sale coming up this weekend.
Could you tell us specially which Walmart you saw these at?

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 pm

sweener wrote:
NiceMarmot wrote:Two 3222 City Helicopter and Limousine sets at a local Walmart, for $10 each. Looks like they were starting to put together a few clearance aisles. Lots of workers moving toys around, unpacking boxes, repricing stuff. They had just started, so maybe there's a Walmart sale coming up this weekend.
Could you tell us specially which Walmart you saw these at?
Mountain View, CA. There were at least two more, and some Construct-a-Zurgs. But they were just starting to put together the clearance aisles, so who knows if anything else is going on sale.

krnbatt
I'm New !

Post by krnbatt » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 am

After being teased by my son and boyfriend for only buying minifigures and never buying bricks, I decided to buy a random box of bricks from ebay. The picture showed a vintage storage box, a pile of loose bricks (around 500 +/-), some instruction manuals, and a few minifigures sorta fuzzy in the distance.

I got the whole deal for $15, and these five guys

The boys started circling them like vultures and trying to bribe me out of them, and I had no idea what they even were until I found this tonight (I'm sure I'm not the first to post it, but I just found it a few hours ago):

http://gizmodo.com/5070884/exclusive-th ... g-timeline

I can't find the any reference to the guy on the far right of my second picture (the one holding the pitch fork that got cut off in the pic) and the gizmodo list seems considerably less than almost complete to me, as I don't see reference to any of the basketball players (with the springy legs), or several others from my collection.

There were no complete sets in the box that corresponded with the instructions, however there were tons of little minifig accessories, and lots of unusual pieces. I decided to add the brinks to my pink ones and made a colorful little stable for my Lego horses. ;)

Does this qualify as a steal, or was I ripped off? I have no idea what the bricks or minifigs are worth, or if they are legitimately vintage.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:45 am

I think you did good for the price. I would have been happy with it. Authentic vintage minifigures, classic Lego case, and a bunch of mixed parts to boot. Nice work!

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 am

krnbatt wrote:After being teased by my son and boyfriend for only buying minifigures and never buying bricks, I decided to buy a random box of bricks from ebay. The picture showed a vintage storage box, a pile of loose bricks (around 500 +/-), some instruction manuals, and a few minifigures sorta fuzzy in the distance.

I got the whole deal for $15, and these five guys

The boys started circling them like vultures and trying to bribe me out of them, and I had no idea what they even were until I found this tonight (I'm sure I'm not the first to post it, but I just found it a few hours ago):

http://gizmodo.com/5070884/exclusive-th ... g-timeline

I can't find the any reference to the guy on the far right of my second picture (the one holding the pitch fork that got cut off in the pic) and the gizmodo list seems considerably less than almost complete to me, as I don't see reference to any of the basketball players (with the springy legs), or several others from my collection.

There were no complete sets in the box that corresponded with the instructions, however there were tons of little minifig accessories, and lots of unusual pieces. I decided to add the brinks to my pink ones and made a colorful little stable for my Lego horses. ;)

Does this qualify as a steal, or was I ripped off? I have no idea what the bricks or minifigs are worth, or if they are legitimately vintage.
Brickset is better. They are legimitate crusaders, forestmen, and classic spacemen.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:48 pm

You most certainly did not get ripped off. What a good find. Enjoy!

Jared