Last day to get your orders before Xmas w/FREE Shipping

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Last day to get your orders before Xmas w/FREE Shipping

Post by Ice » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Today (December 18) is the last day to get your orders in before Christmas with free shipping service. Spend $49 or more at LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada) or $25 at Amazon to qualify for free shipping. For Shop at Home, order before 11:59pm EST / 8:59pm PST while for Amazon, order before 3pm EST / noon PST.Amazon: LEGO 2013 sets ListLEGOShop New Sets: USA | CanadaAmazon also has the following 2013 sets discounted as well:10% off - City Police High Speed Chase $26.95 (reg.$29.99)11% off - City Police ATV $7.99 (reg.$8.99)11% off - Friends Heartlake Pet Salon $26.73 (reg.$29.99)10% off - Friends Heartlake City Pool $35.82 (reg.$39.99)10% off - Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator $71.72 (reg.$79.99)10% off - Galaxy Squad Warp Stinger $26.95 (reg.$29.99)21% off - Hobbit Goblin King Battle $78.97 (reg.$99.99)20% off - Hobbit Ecape from Mirkwood Spiders $23.99 (reg.$29.99)4% off - Hobbit Riddles for the Ring $9.59 (reg.$9.99)10% off - Ninjago Temple of the Light $62.95 (reg.$69.99)10% off - Ninjago Garmatron $35.95 (reg.$39.99)6% off - Star Wars Rancor Pit $56.65 (reg.$59.99)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/last-day-to-get- ... -shipping/

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Financial Results - First half of 2009

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:08 am

I guess when your motto is "Only the best is good enough" it really pays off. Go LEGO!

rockinkurt
I'm New !

Post by rockinkurt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 pm

whoa, awesome, appears as though lego is going to keep that cash cow LegoStarWars, now if lucasfilm dosen't offer the renewal contract, that would be a <no offense> stupid move.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 pm

rockinkurt wrote:whoa, awesome, appears as though lego is going to keep that cash cow LegoStarWars, now if lucasfilm dosen't offer the renewal contract, that would be a <no offense> stupid move.
LEGO will def. want to keep Star Wars as its one of the most popular themes and best selling as well. LEGO will most likely be desperate in getting another renewal. But that also means we'll get even more expensive LEGO sets with lesser pieces as well due to the license fees.

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:28 pm

But wait. By the time lego's contract is over, the clone wars tv series are over as well. They will eventually run out of ideas. You can't keep making same models over and over again !!! They made like several x-wings, slave I, and falcons as well !!! IDEAS ARE ALMOST GONE !

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 am

kevin93 wrote:But wait. By the time lego's contract is over, the clone wars tv series are over as well. They will eventually run out of ideas. You can't keep making same models over and over again !!! They made like several x-wings, slave I, and falcons as well !!! IDEAS ARE ALMOST GONE !
I can think of a few things LEGO still need to make before they let the licence die: the droid control ship, trade federation lander, super star destroyer, several kinds of speeders, new padme minifigure. You're right, not many things left to make. :(

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:08 am

Unless George Lucas continues to make more Star Wars movie / Clone Wars, it will eventually die out. But chances are... they will still keep making them. Many people thought epi.III was the last movie and it turns out a new clone wars "movie" came up. (even though it wasn't the best)

yoda23

Post by yoda23 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:00 pm

YAY :P ! lego is not going out of business. Looks like they've learned a lot after almost being bankrupt several years ago.

Bertramtalespinner
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bertramtalespinner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 am

There is already a live action TV series in the works, so no worries about more Lucas based Lego fodder.

As to Lego's success, now if they could just up their production runs on things a bit so I don't see so many bare shelves...

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Bertramtalespinner wrote:As to Lego's success, now if they could just up their production runs on things a bit so I don't see so many bare shelves...
Some stores here in canada such a wal-mart do tend to lack a selection with lots of empty shelves. But stores like toysrus are usually stocked up with lego. But LEGO is planning to increase moulding capacity due to the high demands of their quality toys.

From their Press Release : "Steps were taken during the first half of the year to expand moulding capacity. New injection moulding machines were installed in Denmark, Hungary and Mexico.
In addition, construction of a new warehouse facility at the Kladno production plant in the Czech Republic began in June this year."

Bertramtalespinner
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bertramtalespinner » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:25 am

Wha-HOO!!!

And as a Canadian, you are correct, although TRU is by no means complete. I happened upon the Lego rep in my nearest Wally World yesterday and found out the store is a regular store with a grocery jammed in, thus other departments are compressed, including toys and they will only carry the highest sellers. I'm going to have to go abroad to find Temple of Doom etc. Pickings were slim.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Bertramtalespinner wrote:And as a Canadian, you are correct, although TRU is by no means complete. I happened upon the Lego rep in my nearest Wally World yesterday and found out the store is a regular store with a grocery jammed in, thus other departments are compressed, including toys and they will only carry the highest sellers. I'm going to have to go abroad to find Temple of Doom etc. Pickings were slim.
ToysRus has the best selection because they do specialize in toys and they tend to have higher prices. On the other hand, wal-mart have cheaper prices but their selection is not as big as toysrus. The "SUPER CENTER" walmarts with grocery stores do have a even smaller LEGO selection. But neverless, they always have their exclusive LEGO Star Wars 7751 Ahosoka Starfighter if your in Canada.

dane
I'm New !

Post by dane » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Ice wrote:
Bertramtalespinner wrote:And as a Canadian, you are correct, although TRU is by no means complete. I happened upon the Lego rep in my nearest Wally World yesterday and found out the store is a regular store with a grocery jammed in, thus other departments are compressed, including toys and they will only carry the highest sellers. I'm going to have to go abroad to find Temple of Doom etc. Pickings were slim.
ToysRus has the best selection because they do specialize in toys and they tend to have higher prices. On the other hand, wal-mart have cheaper prices but their selection is not as big as toysrus. The "SUPER CENTER" walmarts with grocery stores do have a even smaller LEGO selection. But neverless, they always have their exclusive LEGO Star Wars 7751 Ahosoka Starfighter if your in Canada.
I've been hearing that Canada is overflowing with Ahsoka Starfighters and some people have been able to get them for $20 Canadian money. I live in Las Vegas and haven't seen one of those in any of my Walmarts for months.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 pm

dane wrote:I've been hearing that Canada is overflowing with Ahsoka Starfighters and some people have been able to get them for $20 Canadian money. I live in Las Vegas and haven't seen one of those in any of my Walmarts for months.
They had like 100+ of them the last time i went to my wal-mart that was on sale for $30 each. And it turns out that their new regular price is now $45 instead of $55 CAD.... Plus, they are still continuing the sale @ $30 each. I guess those people getting these sets at $20 are probably stores that are flooded with even more ahoska starfighter than my store.

But factors includes the set being overpriced in the first place. Second is theres nothing too special about the set other than R7-A7 and the 2 buzz droids. You can actually get anakin's starfighter and the hyena droid bomber at this price.

dane
I'm New !

Post by dane » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 am

Ice wrote:They had like 100+ of them the last time i went to my wal-mart that was on sale for $30 each. And it turns out that their new regular price is now $45 instead of $55 CAD.... Plus, they are still continuing the sale @ $30 each. I guess those people getting these sets at $20 are probably stores that are flooded with even more ahoska starfighter than my store.

But factors includes the set being overpriced in the first place. Second is theres nothing too special about the set other than R7-A7 and the 2 buzz droids. You can actually get anakin's starfighter and the hyena droid bomber at this price.
100+! I've never seen that many of any set at any store here! Do you think Canada just got more of this particular set than the US did? Or do you guys get 100s of other sets as well?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:44 pm

dane wrote:100+! I've never seen that many of any set at any store here! Do you think Canada just got more of this particular set than the US did? Or do you guys get 100s of other sets as well?
Its 100+ only for the ahsoka starfighter set at my local wal mart that doesn't have a grocery store. Another wal mart with a grocery store only had like 15. And ya, they did had at least 2 full shelves of them. One of the shelves were in the front of the Toy Department and the rest was in the LEGO section. They also had a bit of dust on them. But it really depends on how big the store is and whether they are "SUPERCENTERS" or not.

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Lego profits up 23% eh? And in the middle of a recession too?? Man, I gotta start buying stock in LEGO!!

Vieral
I'm New !

Post by Vieral » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:29 am

Great info and very encouraging considering the current economic climate. Though some may sneer, Lego licensing has made some good choices with Ben 10 and Toy Story as well. Here is to Lego's continued success.

mr.bobwashere

Post by mr.bobwashere » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Actually Brickbuilder0937, I believe they are actually making the droid control ship in late 2010.

mr.bobwashere

Post by mr.bobwashere » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:32 pm

dane wrote:
Ice wrote:
I've been hearing that Canada is overflowing with Ahsoka Starfighters and some people have been able to get them for $20 Canadian money. I live in Las Vegas and haven't seen one of those in any of my Walmarts for months.
I go to Wal-Mart about once aweek and I have NEVER seen one Ahsokas starfighter.