LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Availability

Post by oocaleb101oo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm

He reminds me of K-Fed...

sarcastigirl
I'm New !

Post by sarcastigirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Has anyone seen these in Victoria, BC yet??

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:42 pm

I have checked five Wal-Marts since Sunday, and only saw them at one (Burlington), so I guess they should be at every Wal-Mart soon. I managed to pick up every single minfig save for the samurai and the only had one unwanted double. Nice!

Hopefully Canadian MSRP won't rise, as it's nice to be able buy LEGO at under US MSRP (even if it's only $0.13 less! :lol: ).

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:26 am

sarcastigirl wrote:Has anyone seen these in Victoria, BC yet??
I met a LEGO crew member at Wal-mart this morning, she was there to assist Wal-mart for organizing the LEGO product on the shelf. She said all CMF3 were delivered from Toronto by truck. Unfortunately, if you paid attention to local news, you should know that there are multi avalanche warnings along the freeway. Thus, there will be a delay. She guessed that chance to see them on the shelf in this week is very low. Anyway, they are on the way. Keep checking.

She also said Harry Potter will be re-stocked. This licensed product is hotter than Star wars. They were gone very fast. I was wondering if I should get them at regular price or wait for better offer. Any idea?

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Just went to target to check out clearances and found 3 boxes of S3. Got 2 fishermen, 3 elves. No samurai though. Always have trouble finding those. North VA area.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Got an e-mail from Newbury Comics today, they now have CMF3s in stock at $4.99 each. Yeesh.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Comic Book Stores will always have a markup because they get merchandise via a third party (Diamond Comic Distributors).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

slow1234
I'm New !

Post by slow1234 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm

legohunter wrote:
Thus, there will be a delay. She guessed that chance to see them on the shelf in this week is very low. Anyway, they are on the way. Keep checking.
Cool - thanks for the info. I've been meaning to start my rounds of the local Wal-Marts to see if they appear. The minifigs are the only reason I have for fighting the crowds at Uptown!

I know the Langford store had the Series 2 figures LONG before the new Uptown location, but this could have been due to the Uptown location moving during the release. The Mayfair ToysRUs even got them earlier than the Uptown location I think.

slow1234
I'm New !

Post by slow1234 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 pm

It doesn't look like many of the Canadian sightings are being logged on the Google rollout map. It would be cool if people posted their sightings for Canada too!
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 27&t=h&z=6

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm

California, Mountain View Target has 2 fresh boxes in the Valentines section.

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 am

The Walmart in Oakville at Dundas & Trafalgar has the new minifigs. They have them hanging on strips in the lego isle. Looks like about 1 box worth.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

Still no sign of them in the Framingham, MA Target.

Raincry
I'm New !

Post by Raincry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Target seems to be the best bet for this series right now. They had a ton in the Valentine's Day section in all of the Targets in the Dallas area. TRU had some, but were wiped out on the buy 2 get 1 free sale they had just a bit ago.

Every Wal-Mart I've been to, I've seen them opened (read: stolen) and the wrappers just sitting there. I've also found a couple lying on the checkout counter in the garden section. Weird.

I'm trying to find a darn Spartan from Series 2, but no avail. Borders can't even deliver on this request. Sigh.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 am

A TRU near me had four almost full boxes priced at $2.99, they must have dropped the price to MSRP, either because the holidays are over and/or they are not moving fast enough. Also, they are out on the shelves now, they had previously been behind the counter.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:14 pm

legohunter wrote:
They were gone very fast. I was wondering if I should get them at regular price or wait for better offer. Any idea?
I was considering the same thing about the Potter Series... I've decided I'm pulling the trigger when I can get them for at least 20% off or better at a store sale, BOGO, etc... I'm assuming most likely TRU will have some sort of deal that will allow that.

I'm banking that these sets will be out a while since there is a raging interest in Harry Potter just like Star Wars, but since Potter just put out a movie, with the finale set to be released soon, the force will be strong with this one for a while... therefore you have raging Demand that you need to Supply and cash in. There will be few and far between sales on this specific line, so that's why I think you'll have to catch a deal at a store that does blanket sales as apposed to specific toys (I.E. Target/Wally-World). This is what my degree in Economics leads me to believe at least.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Mantisking wrote:Still no sign of them in the Framingham, MA Target.
I found them today at the Stoughton, MA Target. They were in the valentine's section for $2.99.

The Braintree Lego Store also has them available.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 pm

All the Target around have them in huge quantities...I think we will see them with 50% off after Valentine's day!!!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Was able to finish my Series 3 set today thanks to TRU having a rather untouched box... yay! Props to my wife for grabbing them and choosing the right ones!

The targets in my area don't have squat for minifigures... they had like 1 or 2 boxes, which sold out the first week and have been a nice empty hole in the Valentines section at all 3 in my area.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Finally, found 3 boxes of CMF3 at North Vancouver Wal-mart. It is 2.86 each which is same price as CMF2.

I spent half of my morning to sort out a complete set. The dots on the packages were not reliable, and they were hard to be seen. It was very frustrated to stand there and figure out the contents by using fingers.

Good luck on your hunting.
Last edited by legohunter on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

legohunter wrote:Found 3 boxes of CMF3 at local Wal-mart.
Which store?