Target coming to Canada

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Target coming to Canada

Post by ImmortalShark » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:02 pm

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ta ... story.html

I'm not too sure about this. It's swapping one Lego provider with another. I was really hoping when Target announced that they were coming to Canada in 2010 it was as a new competitor. I didn't think we'd lose Zellers in the process.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Re: Target coming to Canada

Post by Shijima » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Apparently we arent losing Zellers entirely. What I heard on the radio was that they were purchasing 220 lease agreements of Zellers locations. Then they are going to convert most to Targets, and sell the lease agreements of the rest to other retailers. The 50ish remaining locations will still be held by HBC and will remain Zellers.

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Nice! I'm sick of missing all of their exclusives. Zellers only gets like 1/4 of them and only during christmas. Their selection is horrible. No big sets and barley restock at all. Only the BOGO 1/2 off deals were good.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:11 am

I think you'll find Target to be a great store. However, Zellers has value packs. Target doesn't. I hope you have both.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 am

Shijima wrote:Apparently we arent losing Zellers entirely. What I heard on the radio was that they were purchasing 220 lease agreements of Zellers locations. Then they are going to convert most to Targets, and sell the lease agreements of the rest to other retailers. The 50ish remaining locations will still be held by HBC and will remain Zellers.
That's true, but Target gets to cherry pick the stores they want from all of the Zellers locations. It would be surprising if Target let HBC keep any major city location. It's more likely that any Zellers that remain would be in rural communities with small populations. If you were Target would you want the small low profit stores or the big profitable ones in high density populated area?

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:12 am

Senator wrote:Nice! I'm sick of missing all of their exclusives. Zellers only gets like 1/4 of them and only during christmas. Their selection is horrible. No big sets and barley restock at all. Only the BOGO 1/2 off deals were good.
Before the Americans took over HBC a few years ago, Zellers was a mess (worst than outlets) and could never find anything there. You could find sets that have been retired many years ago. It became better when Zellers started getting groceries/freezer section.
BobaFett2 wrote:I think you'll find Target to be a great store. However, Zellers has value packs. Target doesn't. I hope you have both.
What value packs? I never seen them before.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:49 am

Alyvin wrote: Before the Americans took over HBC a few years ago, Zellers was a mess (worst than outlets) and could never find anything there. You could find sets that have been retired many years ago. It became better when Zellers started getting groceries/freezer section.
That was actually good. I was able to find some really old Technic sets at the same price when they were released and they sat for years on the back that store shelves. Now that Zellers store has modernized, no more oldie goodies. :(

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Target offers better price than Zeller, and the target store looks more stylish than Zeller. I felt more comfortable shopping at target. It is good to see them in Canada.

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:20 pm

A store called "Target Apparel" in Canada is fighting for naming rights. Never heard of that store but I'm not liking them a bit right now. Filing $250 million for profits unjustly gained? Comon. :roll:

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/style/ ... in-canada/

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:21 pm

The claim definitely a tad ridiculous.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?