[USA] Amazon.com LEGO Republic Dropship & AT-OT - $199

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] Amazon.com LEGO Republic Dropship & AT-OT - $199

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Valid at Amazon.com online only (Limited Time Offer)

Forum member Wampa contacted us again with news that Amazon.com currently has LEGO Star Wars 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker on sale for $199 (reg.$249.99). Savings works out to 20.4% off. Now would be a good time to get this set as online exclusives rarely goes on sale! As usual, receive FREE Super Saver Shipping on purchases above $25.

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/blog/usa-amazon- ... -at-ot-199
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Lawagg
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Amazon.com LEGO Republic Dropship & AT-OT - $199

Post by Lawagg » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:50 am

Walmart in the USA is also selling this set for $199

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 am

Yeah, basically Amazon monitors WM and matches them on almost all their sales so people don't stray from them for their competitors. The end result is that the consumer benefits...competition is good for everyone.

Direct link to the set here: http://goo.gl/1hDXb

Does anyone think this will be discontinued in the new year given the drastic price cut? Or do you think they've priced this too high and they have too much in stock?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 am

it's been out 2 years. it's 50/50 in my book.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 am

I feel like this set does not appeal as much to the adult collector market as some other large sets such as Millenium Falcon or Death Star, and is a real playable set for kids. But at $250, that's a lot of money for kids. I imagine these didn't sell as well as other sets.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 am

I just looked this one up again, only 1,700 pieces and 8 minifigs, I don't think any of them are exclusive, and 6 of them are just regular clones. I'm sure there are some rare pieces here, and it's a very very cool set, but wow is that pricey at $250, and even at $200, in my opinion.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:18 am

BrickUpdate wrote:I just looked this one up again, only 1,700 pieces and 8 minifigs, I don't think any of them are exclusive, and 6 of them are just regular clones. I'm sure there are some rare pieces here, and it's a very very cool set, but wow is that pricey at $250, and even at $200, in my opinion.
Yeah, it'd have to come down to $175 (~$0.10/part) to be worth buying -- at least for me.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Mantisking wrote:
BrickUpdate wrote:I just looked this one up again, only 1,700 pieces and 8 minifigs, I don't think any of them are exclusive, and 6 of them are just regular clones. I'm sure there are some rare pieces here, and it's a very very cool set, but wow is that pricey at $250, and even at $200, in my opinion.
Yeah, it'd have to come down to $175 (~$0.10/part) to be worth buying -- at least for me.
I am with my green friend on this one. The over $100 marked sets tend to be out of range for me. I did get the SSD at retail when I finished finals at university. The Tantive iv was too high as a singular set and the Laat/ot and USC imperial shuttle were defiantly too much at 250! I'd rather spread the funds among several smaller sets.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:06 pm

I could have gotten republic gunship ($120) and at-te ($90) for total of $210. IMO, it comes with much better minifigures and vehicles.

This set should not be priced at $250. It has no unique figures and the ships aren't that much bigger. Since they're a combo, it should be a cheaper price. I'm with mantisking, price should be somewhere around the $175 range.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 pm

For kids and teens, who tend to be most appreciative of Clone Wars, this is way out of price range. Awesome set, but an awful Price per Part. For AFOLs, I think the Star Wars range is not as popular anymore (due to all the wierd/crappy Clone Wars sets-not all were bad, but many were just ...ugh...). And 199 still feels high. But that's me-I'd have to save up for a while just to get it.

It's probably that they are overstocked-I think it may already have stopped production but they couldn't get rid of them.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:25 pm

There's a price that's right for everyone. Sounds like this one's got a little ways to go before people start biting. OTOH, if they (TLG) ever say this is discontinued, there'll be a rush to pick it up and then prices go to insane levels (re: Cafe Corner, Market Street, etc.)

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:01 am

Sold out from Amazon, now fulfilled by 3rd parties. Walmart.com still has it for $199.

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 am

funnypeople wrote:Sold out from Amazon, now fulfilled by 3rd parties. Walmart.com still has it for $199.
I guess at least a few people thought it was a worthwhile deal huh? :)

Better get it when it's coming from Amazon, easier/faster to deal with if there are any problems...though I must say my experience with 3rd party on Amazon has been pretty good.