[CAN]Costco Lego Deals

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [CAN]Costco Lego Deals

Post by bulwark » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:30 pm

For an update, I was just at the burlington costco. No lego still and doesn't look like they'll be getting. Just have Halo Wars Mega blocks

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Update: The Costco at Heartland Town Centre had lots of the Lunar Limo. City Airplane, The freeco speeder and the droid tri-fighter. The also had the Brickmasters Star Wars and Atlantis books.

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 pm

bakelitetm wrote:Both Star Wars sets were 26.99 each.
Thanks! I'll have to check my costco out. Its a shame that the sale price is actually the regular price back in 2007 (hailfire droid and anakin's jedi starfighter).
ImmortalShark wrote:The also had the Brickmasters Star Wars and Atlantis books.
Are those at a discount too? I'm looking forward to the brickmaster star wars! :)

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:02 pm

clock4me wrote:
bakelitetm wrote:Both Star Wars sets were 26.99 each.
Thanks! I'll have to check my costco out. Its a shame that the sale price is actually the regular price back in 2007 (hailfire droid and anakin's jedi starfighter).
ImmortalShark wrote:The also had the Brickmasters Star Wars and Atlantis books.
Are those at a discount too? I'm looking forward to the brickmaster star wars! :)
Of course! The brickmaster books are only $16.99cdn plus taxes. Cheapest I have seen from all available sources including online book sites. If not near any costco, cheapest online is bn.com for about $17.54usd plus $6.48 plus GST. Attach a 25% off coupon and it comes out to $20.29usd vs about $19.20cdn at ontario costcos. Amazon.ca has it for $20.68 plus taxes but you have to buy two to get free shipping.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:48 pm

At my local Costo, my brother saw the DK Brickmaster Atlantis, Castle, and Pirates sets. He thinks there may have been the Star Wars one as well. 15 dollars each is an awesome deal-consider 8 Minifigures plus 540 parts for 60 dollars! There's things with more parts for that much but less figs! And there's lots of them! So I'm probably going to get 4 Castle ones.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:14 pm

ricefields wrote: Of course! The brickmaster books are only $16.99cdn plus taxes. Cheapest I have seen from all available sources including online book sites. If not near any costco, cheapest online is bn.com for about $17.54usd plus $6.48 plus GST. Attach a 25% off coupon and it comes out to $20.29usd vs about $19.20cdn at ontario costcos. Amazon.ca has it for $20.68 plus taxes but you have to buy two to get free shipping.
$16.99 is a good deal. But I just realized that Costco requires some sort of membership fee. :( How much does it cost? Might not be worth it if I'm just going for the Legos

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:18 pm

clock4me wrote:
ricefields wrote: Of course! The brickmaster books are only $16.99cdn plus taxes. Cheapest I have seen from all available sources including online book sites. If not near any costco, cheapest online is bn.com for about $17.54usd plus $6.48 plus GST. Attach a 25% off coupon and it comes out to $20.29usd vs about $19.20cdn at ontario costcos. Amazon.ca has it for $20.68 plus taxes but you have to buy two to get free shipping.
$16.99 is a good deal. But I just realized that Costco requires some sort of membership fee. :( How much does it cost? Might not be worth it if I'm just going for the Legos
I'm not sure. My dad uses it and we get lots of stuff cheap. I think it may be 300 per year...
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BlacktronManic » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Costco membership is actually $50/yr unless you want the executive membership which is $100. There is sometimes a discount offered (usually about $10 for you and $10 for the costco member who referred you) for new sign ups as well which would then reduce the $50 fee.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

BobaFett2 wrote:At my local Costo, my brother saw the DK Brickmaster Atlantis, Castle, and Pirates sets. He thinks there may have been the Star Wars one as well. 15 dollars each is an awesome deal-consider 8 Minifigures plus 540 parts for 60 dollars! There's things with more parts for that much but less figs! And there's lots of them! So I'm probably going to get 4 Castle ones.
Can't seem to find any of the Brickmaster books at the Woodbine/Hwy 7 Costco. Will try probably the Markham Rd/Highglen location some time later this week to see if it's available at that location.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Toronadian wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:At my local Costo, my brother saw the DK Brickmaster Atlantis, Castle, and Pirates sets. He thinks there may have been the Star Wars one as well. 15 dollars each is an awesome deal-consider 8 Minifigures plus 540 parts for 60 dollars! There's things with more parts for that much but less figs! And there's lots of them! So I'm probably going to get 4 Castle ones.
Can't seem to find any of the Brickmaster books at the Woodbine/Hwy 7 Costco. Will try probably the Markham Rd/Highglen location some time later this week to see if it's available at that location.
I'm in Minnesota, so my Costco is the Minneapolis/St. Paul Costco. I'll be going sometime this weeked to get 4/5 books (15 dollars for that part and Minifig value? Count me in!)
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Toronadian wrote:
Please try the elgin mills location in Richmond Hill, there were about 5-10 left as of Sunday.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:26 pm

ricefields wrote:
Toronadian wrote:
Please try the elgin mills location in Richmond Hill, there were about 5-10 left as of Sunday.
Do they tend to get bought quickly?
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Brampton Costco had mostly just the Atlantis brickmaster left. Maybe about 5 or 6 of the Star Wars ones left. I didn't see any other theme.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:
ricefields wrote:
Toronadian wrote:
Do they tend to get bought quickly?
Hard to answer that question since first time they had star wars. They were not in Costco 2 weeks ago when I was planning to buy them online but wanted to check costco first since the lego visual dictionary was also available in costco. Looks like they were displayed recently with about 15 each. I would not wait too long considering that the news is now out! the richmond hill location has also star wars, city airplane and space police limo sets so if you were interested in one stop shopping, this is the place.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Was just at Costco in Burlington - they had about 20 each of the Star Wars & Atlantis Brickmaster books (no Castle or Pirates). No other LEGO sets however.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Opus
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Opus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 am

The Ancaster store has about 10 each of the Star Wars and Atlantis Brickmaster books left today. I grabbed the last Atlantis set - it was marked down to 9.97, they must have wanted to make room for other toys.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:51 am

I saw the Atlantis and Star Wars Brickmaster books at the Willingdon Costco in Burnaby today. They were sitting on a cart and there might of been 20 or so left of each.

bulwark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bulwark » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:54 am

Did/does any costco in the gta have the brickmaster book for any other theme besides starwars and atlantis?

BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BlacktronManic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:49 pm

beethead wrote:I saw the Atlantis and Star Wars Brickmaster books at the Willingdon Costco in Burnaby today. They were sitting on a cart and there might of been 20 or so left of each.
How much are they going for?

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 pm

5948 Lunar Limo
3181 Passenger Plane

These 2 sets have been further reduced to $29.99. Very good buy. :D