LEGO Series 3 Minifigures Barcode Sheet REVEALED!

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Series 3 Minifigures Barcode Sheet REVEALED!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Update: A better quality “cheat sheet“ from Rick has now been put together!

Just as we all thought that LEGO 8803 Collectable Minifigures Series 3 will be completely random this time, that guy from FBTB has recently found a new way to determine which minifigure is in which bag.

To use this barcode sheet, all you have to do is feel the “bumps” on the bottom back of each bag. The black dots shows where the bumps are.

Note: These codes are from North America and there are currently no details whether they are the same for the rest of the world.

Sheet 1: Fisherman, Mummy, Pilot, Space Villian

Sheet 2: Elf, Gorilla Suit Guy, Samurai Warrior, Snowboarder

Sheet 3: Baseball Player, Space Alien, Sumo Wrestler, Tribal Chief

Sheet 4: Hula Dancer, Race Car Driver, Rapper, Tennis Player
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Series 3 Minifigures Barcode Sheet REVEALED!

Post by kevin93 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

WOW. This is great news!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:14 pm

It makes sense that there would be some sort of IDing system - there would be no way to determine how evenly a display box was packed, otherwise. This time around, it's braille (of a sort). Now that the've been out for all of three days and the code is cracked, I wonder what CMFs4 will have...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BlacktronManic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 pm

This has got to be the best LEGO Breaking News yet! I just finished reading the story on FBTB and am amazed how quick that guy cracked the CMFs3 code. After just three days of hearing that CMFs3 was spotted at Fred Meyer stores we now have the code to getting the minifigs we desire without having to guess and get multiples needlessly.

Thanks again to that guy. Hats off to you!

As many have pointed out that CMFs3 was something little to be desired, are now turning around and changing their minds, I too am now fully considering getting a full set of CMFs3, and if not at least a good portion of CMFs3 now that I have the cheat sheet.

BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BlacktronManic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:53 pm

vynsane wrote:It makes sense that there would be some sort of IDing system - there would be no way to determine how evenly a display box was packed, otherwise. This time around, it's braille (of a sort). Now that the've been out for all of three days and the code is cracked, I wonder what CMFs4 will have...
Now that you mention it, I was thinking that the LEGO Group just might do exactly that and give CMFs4 a different IDing system. It came to my mind that they might pull off something like the strange alien code they created earlier this year for their space pods that were landing on earth, or something of the sort. This new method was very ingenious and the method they end up using for CMFs4 will be very creative no doubt.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:11 pm

What a wonderful found! Thank you for breaking the code. This would definitely save me a lot of time from using my fingers to sense the parts. :D

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:15 pm

A better quality “cheat sheet“ from Rick at FBTB has now been put together!

happyfeet56
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by happyfeet56 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:44 pm

With the barcodes out, everyone will be on the hunt mainly for the elf and a bit on the fisherman. :( Hopefully Lego has a big enough distribution so that these figures are plentful enough that resellers can't make big profits from them.

BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BlacktronManic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 pm

happyfeet56 wrote:With the barcodes out, everyone will be on the hunt mainly for the elf and a bit on the fisherman. :( Hopefully Lego has a big enough distribution so that these figures are plentful enough that resellers can't make big profits from them.
I know I am definitely going in for the Elf, who wouldn't? Especially after Legolas on LOTR made Elfs look really cool and badass!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 pm

happyfeet56 wrote:With the barcodes out, everyone will be on the hunt mainly for the elf and a bit on the fisherman. :( Hopefully Lego has a big enough distribution so that these figures are plentful enough that resellers can't make big profits from them.
Even without the barcode, people can easily find the elf because the package contains shield or bow which are easy to feel by bare finger.

Will elf go well with spartan? I am interested to see them side by side.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 am

I'm glad the ones I want aren't the more popular ones this time around. Maybe I'll actually be able to find the ones I want, in the quantities I want them in!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:56 am

This is indeed fortunate, not for my wallet though. :)

As someone earlier mentioned, when it appeared that I would have no way to determine which ones I would b e buying, my interest in acquiring these was quite low. Suddenly, I now have the ability to get a complete set without breaking the bank, my interest has gone back up again. Now, just need them to show up at Walmart in Canada.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:41 am

I think this would be harder than the barcodes from the last series cause you gotta feel each bag and you can easily make a mistake.

No more blind eyes but numb fingers. :P

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:09 am

I kind of feel bad for LEGO and the person/people that came up with it, and they all thought it was the "fix"

I am thinking that series 4 or 5 may have some sort of electronic strip in it.

Guess LEGO underestimates AFOLs :mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:07 pm

NOOOOO! Now all the ones I want will be taken! I HATE THAT! It's not bad for AFOLs who have time to rush off to stores and buy them all-but what about TFOLs who haven't got the time or money-all the best will be taken, and we'll be stuck with crap-or high prices on Bricklink.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:50 pm

funnypeople wrote:I think this would be harder than the barcodes from the last series cause you gotta feel each bag and you can easily make a mistake.

interestingly s3 favors those who can read braille. :lol:

on a related note, i blame TLC. if they had made the more popular figures more numerous, you wouldn't have this problem. as hillel mentioned in his presentation, if spartan was 5 per box and stupid mime only 1 per (or maybe 2 per), you wouldn't have the problem of missing spartans.

whoever is in production planning probably fek this one up, thinking the more generic figure is easier to produce, hence ramp up. and spartans are harder to make, so cut down on the number. wtf?!?!? with s4, s5, s6, TLC should reverse the production. the popular vote should be made more plentiful, not fewer.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm

ncbarrett wrote:I kind of feel bad for LEGO and the person/people that came up with it, and they all thought it was the "fix"

I am thinking that series 4 or 5 may have some sort of electronic strip in it.

Guess LEGO underestimates AFOLs :mrgreen:
We are a persistent bunch. I don't know why people thought just removing the bar codes would help though. When I bought my first batch of Series 2 I didn't feel out the packages, but once I did I could spot which minifigure was which.

It's simple really. Ignore the torso, the little piece of paper and the legs. Look for whichever accessory is most unique feeling. I picked out my spartan, my witch and my lifeguard by looking for the spartan helmet, the witch legs (since they were printed slopes) and the little lifeguard rescue floatie. Taking a moment and feeling them out isn't too hard.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 pm

natelite wrote:on a related note, i blame TLC. if they had made the more popular figures more numerous, you wouldn't have this problem. as hillel mentioned in his presentation, if spartan was 5 per box and stupid mime only 1 per (or maybe 2 per), you wouldn't have the problem of missing spartans.

whoever is in production planning probably fek this one up, thinking the more generic figure is easier to produce, hence ramp up. and spartans are harder to make, so cut down on the number. wtf?!?!? with s4, s5, s6, TLC should reverse the production. the popular vote should be made more plentiful, not fewer.
I think it far more likely the Spartan was so limited because it was expected to be popular, so that people would keeping buying minifigs until they found it.

The only fek up here was TLC not anticipating how easy it was going to be for to figure out which minfig was which, which made the popular minifigs even rarer than they should have been, and meant a lot of people didn't have to overspend on duplicates.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:44 am

natelite wrote:
funnypeople wrote:I think this would be harder than the barcodes from the last series cause you gotta feel each bag and you can easily make a mistake.

interestingly s3 favors those who can read braille. :lol:

on a related note, i blame TLC. if they had made the more popular figures more numerous, you wouldn't have this problem. as hillel mentioned in his presentation, if spartan was 5 per box and stupid mime only 1 per (or maybe 2 per), you wouldn't have the problem of missing spartans.

I blame TLC as well. They limit things to make them worth more. The ones that are going to be popular are limited even more (but 2 fishermen per box? That's insane!). I think they shouldn't limit the number of these figs on the market so much. If there were more, then they could probably earn more money-even if AFOLs bought most of them, that is still more money for LEGO.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

BrickWild
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by BrickWild » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Looking forward to Series 3! The dots are much better than the barcodes!
http://www.lddmodels.jimdo.com
Lego Factory/DesignByMe (Circa 2005 - January 16 2012)
Lego Universe (October 2010 - January 2012)