2011 LEGO Racers

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2011 LEGO Racers

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:44 pm

LEGO Racers 2011 Rumor Sets Thread
Keep checking this topic for news with upcoming LEGO Racers 2011 sets! Please note that prices are estimates only.

January 22 Update: Added 30036

New LEGO Racers Sets

LEGO 8231 Vicious Viper

LEGO 8228 Sting Striker

LEGO 8227 Dragon Dueler

LEGO 8221 Storming Enforcer

New LEGO Racers Tiny Turbo Sets

LEGO 8304 Smokin' Slickster

LEGO 8303 Demon Destroyer

LEGO 8302 Rod Rider

LEGO 8301 Police Racer

Mini Promotional Sets
  • LEGO 30036 Buggy Racer
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: 2011 LEGO Racers

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:16 am

I like the Police bike 8221 & all the Tiny Turbo sets.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 am

Just curious, is anyone here a fan of this line? It seemed more aimed to kids than AFOLS and I've never even given these a look. Am I missing something about this line?
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:21 am

legitimatealex wrote:Just curious, is anyone here a fan of this line? It seemed more aimed to kids than AFOLS and I've never even given these a look. Am I missing something about this line?
I would say only reason i was interested in this line is because my daughter likes cars.
But I am glad I did, and the tiny turbos are well designed for being small.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 am

legitimatealex wrote:Just curious, is anyone here a fan of this line? It seemed more aimed to kids than AFOLS and I've never even given these a look. Am I missing something about this line?
Occasionally they have some good parts or colors but otherwise the Price Per Part is too high to bother.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:23 am

Mantisking wrote:
Occasionally they have some good parts or colors but otherwise the Price Per Part is too high to bother.
I sometimes buy them for parts if they're rare enough, like 8193 blue bullet for the light blue cheese that doesn't come on any other set except the tower bridge (both sets have five including extras).

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:52 am

Mantisking wrote:Occasionally they have some good parts or colors but otherwise the Price Per Part is too high to bother.
Brickbuilder0937 wrote:I sometimes buy them for parts if they're rare enough, like 8193 blue bullet for the light blue cheese that doesn't come on any other set except the tower bridge (both sets have five including extras).
I was just thinking I should get a couple of the Blue Bullet sets for exactly that reason. :-)

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 am

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:
Mantisking wrote:
I sometimes buy them for parts if they're rare enough, like 8193 blue bullet for the light blue cheese that doesn't come on any other set except the tower bridge (both sets have five including extras).
The new hogwarts express 4841 has some as well.

BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BlacktronManic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 pm

ncbarrett wrote:
I would say only reason i was interested in this line is because my daughter likes cars.
But I am glad I did, and the tiny turbos are well designed for being small.

Buying the tiny turbos is how I got my son started on LEGO at the age of 2 1/2. And helped get me out of my dark ages. Overall the tiny turbos are nice, however once they replaced the pull back motors and started using the pump action to move the cars I stopped buying the Racers line.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Toys N Bricks wrote: Mini Promotional Sets
  • LEGO 30036 Buggy Racer
First post updated. Thanks to Brickset for the news.