TARGET 70% OFF

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Post Reply
Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 am

TARGET 70% OFF

Post by Bystander » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:23 am

It didn't seem if everyone was aware of the situation in the other Target thread and I wanted to make sure that people knew about the new markdowns since everything will disappear fast. The last clearance wave went from 30% off to 70% off.
Check the other Target clearance wave thread to see the sets that were affected. There may still be some left that were not stickered or still marked at 30% off so use the scanners to confirm.
If the mods think this is unnecessary then feel free to delete.
Last edited by Bystander on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LewaLAZ
I'm New !
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Bricktania

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by LewaLAZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:33 am

Picked up The Rancor Pit (17.98), AT-TE (26.98), and Elrond's Council (7.98) at the 70% markdown.
The sticker prices hadn't changed to reflect the new prices, so there's still a chance they'll be sitting there for awhile till someone scans them or they finally get a sticker with the right price.

Toyfare
I'm New !
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Jackson, MS

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by Toyfare » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Went and picked up Hive Crawler for $17 and Bug Obliterator for $23. All the Lego clearance was on the endcaps and picked through!

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 am

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by Bystander » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 pm

I went by another store and picked up at 70% off:
Chima Ultimate Speedor tournament $8.98 - Eris Eagle Interceptor $8.38 x2
City Fire Chief Car $3.88 and another TMNT Shellraiser chase $17.98
I usually only buy 1 of each set, but I picked up a few extras because they were just too cheap. I will use them as birthday gifts for some of my kid's friends if need be.
The after-Christmas Lego sets never did go to 70%. They were salvaged after they went to 50% off around here. Not sure why these went through this price reduction schedule, but I'm not complaining.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:02 am

Bystander wrote:I went by another store and picked up at 70% off:
Chima Ultimate Speedor tournament $8.98 - Eris Eagle Interceptor $8.38 x2
City Fire Chief Car $3.88 and another TMNT Shellraiser chase $17.98
I usually only buy 1 of each set, but I picked up a few extras because they were just too cheap. I will use them as birthday gifts for some of my kid's friends if need be.
The after-Christmas Lego sets never did go to 70%. They were salvaged after they went to 50% off around here. Not sure why these went through this price reduction schedule, but I'm not complaining.
I tend to try to pick up below $80 sets in pairs, as twin parts tends to give more MOC versatility.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: USA

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by jmeninno » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 am

My wife is currently on the hunt in MA for Daily Bugle and 2 Rancor Pits. If my wife is unable to score these sets at these great prices, I'd be willing to do business with someone from these forums for those sets...I could do paypal, or perhaps a trade (but I'm not sure what sets I would be willing to part with :) )

rgeezzy
I'm New !
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:06 pm
Location: OHIO

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by rgeezzy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:09 pm

I have an extra rancor pit, looking for an at-te
pm me if you have one or have another creative trade suggestion... thanks

connor32997
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: iowa

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by connor32997 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Nothing at my target, there was never any 30% off this year, dissipointed :(

jmeninno
Knight
Knight
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: USA

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by jmeninno » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Argh - my poor wife looked at SIX different Targets for the Daily Bugle and the Rancor Pits. She didn't see any of the clearance sets - but it looked like the Targets were all ready (or getting ready) for the newest wave of Lego sets (hence, probably why Target is clearance-ing certain sets, to make room for the newer inventory). Still looking for 2 Rancor sets and a Daily Bugle.

I would gladly paypal the cost of the set + cost of shipping + a reasonable finder's fee for those sets. If I could save a few dollars by finding someone with two or three of those sets, I'd like to do business with you (although I may be sending you a PM in a few minutes, rgeezzy. Not that I don't appreciate your offer - I do! - but I am trying to be wise with my money.)

I do have a few sets for trade, also. 9526 (Palpatine's Arrest), 7958 (Star Wars Advent with Santa Yoda), 7954 (Woody's Roundup), 7956 (Trash Compactor Escape).

In addition, I have the following polybags up for trade also: 5002041 (Lego Movie mini-vehicles), 2x 30185 (Eagle), 30300 (Batman Tumbler), 30270 (Ninja Turtles), 30070 (Toy Story Alien), maybe a few others (I'd have to find them).

Please private message me, or post back here!

cbarrin
I'm New !
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:23 am
Location: United States

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by cbarrin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:12 pm

I managed to find the Galactic Titan set for $30 at my Target. It was the only clearanced set left.

User avatar
anakinisvader
Knight
Knight
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by anakinisvader » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:15 pm

I think all the Targets here salvaged the stuff before letting it hit 70%. There was plenty the other day then all of a sudden "poof they were gone". Hee Haw gag.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Flyernut
I'm New !
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by Flyernut » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:16 pm

I so wanted to get a Galactic Titan at that price , great going.

tsetsetse89
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by tsetsetse89 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 am

LewaLAZ wrote:Picked up The Rancor Pit (17.98), AT-TE (26.98), and Elrond's Council (7.98) at the 70% markdown.
The sticker prices hadn't changed to reflect the new prices, so there's still a chance they'll be sitting there for awhile till someone scans them or they finally get a sticker with the right price.
Wow AT-TE for $27 that is amazing! Super jelly

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Rockland, NY

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by slacker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:12 pm

anakinisvader wrote:I think all the Targets here salvaged the stuff before letting it hit 70%. There was plenty the other day then all of a sudden "poof they were gone". Hee Haw gag.
I agree. Same thing happens here.

User avatar
SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 pm
Location: Montana, USA

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by SquareSide » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:28 pm

tsetsetse89 wrote:
LewaLAZ wrote:Picked up The Rancor Pit (17.98), AT-TE (26.98), and Elrond's Council (7.98) at the 70% markdown.
The sticker prices hadn't changed to reflect the new prices, so there's still a chance they'll be sitting there for awhile till someone scans them or they finally get a sticker with the right price.
Wow AT-TE for $27 that is amazing! Super jelly
EDIT: Ah, looks like I need a drop ship for the AT-TE. Was thinking the Republic Gunship was one and the same.

Heartbreak7
I'm New !
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 am
Location: VA

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by Heartbreak7 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:37 am

Got 1 rancor pit for 17.98, and 1 TMNT Sewer Lair for 13.98.

rezlo
I'm New !
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:51 pm
Location: chicago, il

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by rezlo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:29 pm

Picked up a Star Wars AT-TE for 32 +tax. It's actually the first Star Wars set I've bought. Been sticking to LOTR and hobbit for the brief year or so I have been into Lego.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: TARGET 70% OFF

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:48 pm

anakinisvader wrote:I think all the Targets here salvaged the stuff before letting it hit 70%. There was plenty the other day then all of a sudden "poof they were gone". Hee Haw gag.

It could be a reseller works at the store, knows the moment they hit 70%, and clears them out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests