Lego Printings: Rough Texture

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Francfurters
Peasant
Peasant

Lego Printings: Rough Texture

Post by Francfurters » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 pm

If you bought a 2013 Lego Star Wars, LOTR, City etc. set, you may have noticed that minifigure torsos, faces, and other printings have a very rough feel to it, which is not present on the printings from previous years. I don't like the feel to it. It easily scratches the minifigure printings and it is not smooth at all. Does anybody know why LEGO did this. I know it was their intention to do this but I'm just wondering if they did this to cheap out on printing or if they did this to tick of their fans, I don't know.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, grab a 2013 minifigure (any kind/theme) and a minifigure you had for many years now. Gently slide your finger or fingernail on the torso of the 2013 minifigure and you will notice that hard texture printed on it. Now get the other minifigure and you'll notice that it is a lot smoother and has a better feel to it.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lego Printings: Rough Texture

Post by Mrbill317 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:33 am

Ive noticed the texture feel to the custom figures as well. I have one of Minifigs4u super heroes and you can feel it.
Maybe Lego has a different printer ? Maybe it has to do with China production.