VIP points - expire or not??

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

VIP points - expire or not??

Post by scatmanjack » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 am

Do VIP points expire after a certain period or can you bank them for an unlimited time? Haven't seen any official statement on this from LEGO and would like to know...

condor
Knight
Knight

Re: VIP points - expire or not??

Post by condor » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:12 am

They sent me an email reminder saying some of my points were expiring at the end of this year, so yes. I don't know what the time period is though.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:41 am

From the Lego website (http://shop.lego.com/VIP/vipFaq.jsp#13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
"Do my points ever expire?
Yes, all VIP Points expire on December 31st two years after the year in which they were earned. Before this happens, the LEGO® Group will notify you via the email address you provided during registration. Members that join the VIP Program via a LEGO Store or phone order, and subsequently do not register their card number online within one (1) year of joining the Program, will have their points expire and their point balance reset to zero."

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah I got an email saying mine will go by the endif the year. I used it ($5) and got $5 more anyways. :lol: