Anyone unable to purchase Ewoks/OperaHouse sets on Lego.com?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
danielnzlego
I'm New !

Anyone unable to purchase Ewoks/OperaHouse sets on Lego.com?

Post by danielnzlego » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Even though I am signed in, I can't get any further than being told repeatedly to "sign in".

Also, all the links on those VIP pages like Register/FAQs etc. give 404 Not Founds.

Are others having the same problem? I've tried different devices and different browsers.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Anyone unable to purchase Ewoks/OperaHouse sets on Lego.

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:41 pm

I haven't tried..but just a heads up...there are some promotions in sept where you get the exclusive clone trooper figure and the camper van poly with your purchase if you can stand to wait a couple weeks.

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 am

Just in case, delete/reset/enable cookies and or try another browser.

danielnzlego
I'm New !

Post by danielnzlego » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Deleted history and cookies, tried 4 different browsers on my PC at work, tried at home and on my iphone. Emailed Lego.com and they told me to delete cookies/history.

Arggh, very unhelpful.

Can someone do this...

Go to: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/VIP-Early-Ac ... ain1_10236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sign in with your Lego.com ID and see if it still says "Sign in" or can you actually go through to purchase.

Also tell me if the links for LEGO VIP PROGRAM and REGISTRATION go to 404s.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 am

Just a thought here, perhaps the are preventing foreign sales on the US S@H site?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:10 am

danielnzlego wrote:Deleted history and cookies, tried 4 different browsers on my PC at work, tried at home and on my iphone. Emailed Lego.com and they told me to delete cookies/history.

Arggh, very unhelpful.

Can someone do this...

Go to: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/VIP-Early-Ac ... ain1_10236" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sign in with your Lego.com ID and see if it still says "Sign in" or can you actually go through to purchase.

Also tell me if the links for LEGO VIP PROGRAM and REGISTRATION go to 404s.
It works fine for me, though you are right I do get a 404 error when I click on the vip program link when I try to access it from the Ewok Village page. But if I go to the Home page I can access the Vip page just fine. I think that is because you already have to be a ViP member to be able to order the village right?

I am automatically signed in already when I go to Lego.com and it let's me order and checkout just fine. Are you on the New Zealand site? That would make sense as the above poster mentions.

danielnzlego
I'm New !

Post by danielnzlego » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Yeah, I've tried both NZ and US sites with the same. Lego.com replied and said there is an issue and they are looking at it (where's my free lego set?!) I thought I was a Lego VIP but apparently not... though it would be helpful if instead of being asked repeatedly to sign in if I was told by the system that I'm not a VIP.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:44 pm

How can you be signed in without being a VIP? I thought that was part of the VIP process...

lloydmac77
I'm New !

Post by lloydmac77 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi,

I tried it and got the same thing too. If you read the little note on the ad, it says you can only get the item after your second purchase at shop.lego.com. See note below:

Please note: the Ewok™ Village product page will only appear on shop.LEGO.com once you have completed your online VIP Registration and are signed in with your LEGO® ID. Customers joining the VIP Program via shop.LEGO.com will not be able to purchase 10236 at initial sign up. These offers will become available at the second purchase via shop.LEGO.com however, when signed in with LEGO ID.

Hope that helps..