Doctor Who & Scooby Doo Character Building brand

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
StClair
Count
Count

Doctor Who & Scooby Doo Character Building brand

Post by StClair » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:57 am

Hi.
Does anyone know of any good retailers in the US that carry Character Building toys that offer good deals (even decent shipping prices)? How about good secondary market vendors (Ebay or Bricklink)?

I've bought a few Doctor Who figures in the past from a vendor in the UK (on Ebay) but I didn't like the shipping fees.

I don't want to purchase many.

Only want one or two Doctor who figures and I really want 1 or 2 scooby doo figures (actual scooby doo character)

http://www.character-online.com/product ... octor-Who/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.character-online.com/product ... cooby-Doo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Doctor Who & Scooby Doo Character Building brand

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:59 pm

I have seen character builder sets on the shelves at a store called comics and stuff(it is a chain). I have seen a few dr who cb items at Barnes and noble. Think geek also carries dr who sets. Those 3 would be places to check.

There is also another thread here in this sub forum on the subject that you may want to check, I'm not sure what is there.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Not easy to find at regular retail stores. Best bet is specialty stores like comic book stores or collectible ones. There are a few well know online sites that carry the Doctor Who ones.

I've been looking a lot to see if Scooby Doo makes it over here in the states, but no such luck so far.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:08 pm

dilbert12 wrote:Not easy to find at regular retail stores. Best bet is specialty stores like comic book stores or collectible ones. There are a few well know online sites that carry the Doctor Who ones.

I've been looking a lot to see if Scooby Doo makes it over here in the states, but no such luck so far.
Thanks. I bought the few Dr. Who that I have from someone in the UK (Ebay). Nearly a year later Hastings Entertainment had a few in their stores but I haven't seen them since.

I'm hoping Scooby Doo will appear in the US as well. Thanks for the suggestions. If I find some I'll be sure to post info here

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:44 am

I saw the Scooby Doo CB blind bags in Toys'R'Us last week.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:31 pm

I saw them at ToysRUs in Auburn, Massachusetts on Sunday. I think they were series 2-you could only get Daphne, Velma or ten different monsters. The packages are much thicker and harder to feel than the Lego collectible minifigure packages. There was a full box next to the Scooby-Doo playsets in the middle of the store.

Jared

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Thank you everyone for the help. I'm going to have to make a trip to the nearest Toys R'us soon (shudder) to see if they have some. I'll be sure to post results