LEGO Dragen Ship (from Danish Naval Museum)

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Dragen Ship (from Danish Naval Museum)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:04 pm

A Danish Auction site has a listing for a LEGO Danish Navy ship known as "Dragen". Jeppe writes in to inform us that the ship was built by LEGO for the Royal Danish Naval Museum. The ship is packed with details and measures 180 x 158 x 40 cm. The highest bid right now is currently at 10,500 DKK (~$1800 USD).

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-dragen-ship-danish-navy/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Dragen Ship (from Danish Naval Museum)

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:04 pm

40+ canons!!!!

StrykerCat
I'm New !

Post by StrykerCat » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:59 am

Why did LEGO build this ship for the Royal Danish Naval Museum? Was it built to be displayed? Was it built to honor a specific occasion? When was it built? Who originally paid for it? Why is the Royal Danish Naval Museum selling it? Who gets the profit from the sale? I'm not interested in buying the ship. I'm just curious. I looked up some sites for the Royal Danish Naval Museum and saw they have quite an impressive collection of wooden ship models. Does anyone know more about the museum and this ship?

legobacca
I'm New !

Post by legobacca » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:15 am

There were so many wishing for more cannons in the Pirates and POTC ships--now we know where they all went! :lol: :clap: :lol:

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:52 am

I concur. That ship is fantastic!

pogie
I'm New !

Post by pogie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:51 pm

The rigging is nice, but the hull isn't very good at all. It could be the angle but it appears there is no tumblehome at all. By this I mean it comes straight up at the waterline, ala a shoebox. Real ships get narrower the further from the waterline the higher up you go. This lowers the center of gravity making the ships more stable. You will see much better work at eurobricks pirates moc forum.

gumby
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gumby » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 am

Hmm, they've painted a number of pieces, especially in the rear. Plus it looks like they cut a horse in half, lengthwise! :cry:

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 pm

The builder(s) must have cut the green dragon to put it on the bow and glued coins around each cannon opening. If this showed up at a company sanctioned event, would they ask for it to be removed because parts were cut and parts were painted?

http://www.lauritz.com/Item/ItemImage/I ... geCount=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;