Lego Survey sweepstakes

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Lego Survey sweepstakes

Post by Slickson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:20 pm

I just got an email from LEGO concerning the product surveys I have filled out for a few of the sets I purchased last year stating that I had won a LEGO product as a result of the surveys. I was wondering if anyone else on here also got the email? or if people have won stuff in the past, and exactly what the product was?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Lego Survey sweepstakes

Post by vynsane » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

No, I've never received one and stopped filling them out because I thought there was no chance of ever winning anything, but it's awesome to hear that it actually happens!

Any idea what you won? Do you get to select one from a list of choices, or are they just sending you something random?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I had to fill out a word document and send it back to them through email.

I found this on the interwebs earlier ...
The prizes awarded each month are LEGO products with an approximate value of $80/€60. Each month one winner per 1000 entries in the Satisfaction survey is drawn. Winners will be re-contacted via e-mail in order for the LEGO Group to obtain address information, so that the physical LEGO product can be sent to the winners. Products will be chosen according to the type of product the winner is surveyed for, as well as the age of the winner.

From ....
http://www.medallia.com/index.php/sweep ... product/en

In 6-8 weeks I will update this post with what I got. I'm hoping it was for my review of Jabba's Palace and they send me the Rancor Pit or the new Sail Barge :)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:06 am

Cool! I'm going to start filling them out again!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Wow, nice man! I stopped filling those out too as I thought you would never win anything. I just bought Jabba's Palace a few weeks ago but I don't think I can do the survey anymore as they're usually closed after a few weeks of release.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Sweet! Good to know someone won a prize. I stopped filling those surveys out years ago because of the same reason posted above.

Guess I have to start again!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

I filled out like 20 of them and always thought it was a sham job. Maybe I'll have to fill them out some more.

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 am

Slickson wrote:I had to fill out a word document and send it back to them through email.

The prizes awarded each month are LEGO products with an approximate value of $80/€60. Each month one winner per 1000 entries in the Satisfaction survey is drawn. Winners will be re-contacted via e-mail in order for the LEGO Group to obtain address information, so that the physical LEGO product can be sent to the winners. Products will be chosen according to the type of product the winner is surveyed for, as well as the age of the winner.

From ....

In 6-8 weeks I will update this post with what I got. I'm hoping it was for my review of Jabba's Palace and they send me the Rancor Pit or the new Sail Barge :)

Prize update ...

I got an email yesterday saying that my order has shipped. With Christmas morning excitement I opened up the email only to be disappointed by the fact that they are sending me the Star Wars 9496 Desert Skiff™. Although it is a pretty cool set I already have two of them and was expecting something a little bigger with the sweepstakes rules stating up to 60$ prize.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:23 am

Slickson wrote: up to 60$ prize.
Ah, that's how they get ya... "up to" is legalese for "definitely substantially less than" :lol:

Still... Free LEGO is free LEGO. Congrats! And it seems that their ploy has worked, because I'm definitely going to free up some time to fill out some of these... :-D

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:40 am

Slickson wrote:
Slickson wrote:I had to fill out a word document and send it back to them through email.

From ....

Prize update ...

I got an email yesterday saying that my order has shipped. With Christmas morning excitement I opened up the email only to be disappointed by the fact that they are sending me the Star Wars 9496 Desert Skiff™. Although it is a pretty cool set I already have two of them and was expecting something a little bigger with the sweepstakes rules stating up to 60$ prize.

Update part two! ... today's email from Lego!

Hello,

We would like to inform you that unfortunately, the incorrect product has been sent to you in regards to the LEGO Survey Sweepstake you have won. The correct prize will be sent to you shortly and you may keep the initial product you receive.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will have fun playing with your prize!

Kind Regards,
The LEGO Group

Things are looking up

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:17 am

Maybe they're reading this thread... ;)

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 am

Hell, last time that happened the "wrong" set was a Super Star Destroyer instead of the Christmas Post Office. Keep your fingers crossed! :P

Jared

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:29 pm

HA, that's really funny!

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:28 pm

legogod wrote:Hell, last time that happened the "wrong" set was a Super Star Destroyer instead of the Christmas Post Office. Keep your fingers crossed! :P

Jared
negative ...

The package arrived today and was exactly what was specified in the email ... the Skiff ... which means next week I should get another email stating they are sending the "real" gift.

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Slickson wrote:
legogod wrote:Hell, last time that happened the "wrong" set was a Super Star Destroyer instead of the Christmas Post Office. Keep your fingers crossed! :P

Jared
negative ...

The package arrived today and was exactly what was specified in the email ... the Skiff ... which means next week I should get another email stating they are sending the "real" gift.

Final update ...

The "real" item is a 9499 Gungan Sub[TM] V39 ... not too shabby!

MJB877
I'm New !

Post by MJB877 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:20 am

My son is 4.5-years-old and this past Christmas, he received a slew of Lego City sets for age 5 and up. I filled out the survey for each one about 11 in total. I received a Congratulations from Lego Survey that I was selected for a prize. My question is this, for the winner who received the Star Wars set in the mail, did you only register Star Wars products. A free gift is a free gift and all Legos are welcomed, but I'm kind of hoping that my son's gift is a City set.

Thanks if you could get back to me.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:46 am

^ I'm pretty sure the theme and price of the prize is based on the randomly selected set you reviewed. So, if they select a review of a $40 CITY set that you submitted, the prize is a CITY set within the $40 price range.

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:52 pm

You will receive a City set,

From the sweepstakes rules ... http://www.medallia.com/index.php/sweep ... product/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3. What Can I Win?

The prizes awarded each month are LEGO products with an approximate value of $80/€60. Each month one Potential Prize Winner per 1000 entries in the Survey shall be drawn. Potential Prize Winners will be contacted via e-mail in order for the LEGO Group to obtain address information, so that the LEGO product can be sent to the Prize Winners. Products will be chosen according to the type of product the Winner is surveyed for, as well as the age of the Winner.

MJB877
I'm New !

Post by MJB877 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Thank you again for the replies. Ill let you all know what was delivered. I made the mistake of telling my son and 6 weeks cannot come fast enough.

MJB877
I'm New !

Post by MJB877 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Well, I got an email from Lego that I would be receiving The Batcave. It was delivered today, but not to my house. Now I have to fight with FedEx on where it went and contact Lego to see if they can help. I hate FedEx. I never use them.