2013 New York Toy Fair LEGO Pictures Now Out

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2013 New York Toy Fair LEGO Pictures Now Out

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:00 am

ToyArk has posted pictures from the 2013 New York Toy Fair. They also got got pictures of the Darth Vader with medal exclusive minifigure in "The Empire Strikes Out" LEGO movie as well as the New York Comic Con exclusive set containing a Yoda minifigure in a "I Love New York" shirt. Seems like LEGO is giving us a break on prices as many of the smaller LEGO Star Wars sets are a lot more reasonably priced! (like 75016 Homing Spide Droid for $29.99; the older version was smaller and was priced at the same price). Thanks to forum member Francfurters and others for the heads up.

New York Toy Fair LEGO 2013

LEGO Castle
LEGO City
LEGO Friends
LEGO Creator
LEGO Games
LEGO Galaxy Squad
LEGO Lone Rangers
LEGO Lord of the Rings
LEGO Mindstorms & Technic
LEGO Legends of Chima
LEGO Hero Factory
LEGO Star Wars
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

LEGO 75017 Duel on Geonosis (reg.$39.99)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2013-new-york-to ... s-now-out/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2013 New York Toy Fair LEGO Pictures Now Out

Post by dho7622u » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 am

Is that a new arch in the Council of Elrond model? More pointed arch...?

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/ ... ages-7233/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

david

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:27 pm

The prices are very odd, but whatever. The heliplane and the stagecoach are great values. The big cargo plane has new big cargo boxes, and I love all the new color for leaves.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:30 pm

So what sets are on everyone's must buy list?

I'll be getting all the LotR sets. They all look super, even the small ones. So many good things to say about these sets that I'll just say they all look fantastic and leave it at that.

Sail barge even though I'm not a huge fan of the design of the barge. It could use some rounder edges but the figs are great. Happy to get Ree-Yees there. When preliminary pictures of Jabbas Palace came out last year he was included in that set and I was a little disappointed when he ended up not being included. Bikini Leia looks like a nice little upgrade (though I still haven't seen a pic that shows if she has back printing which kind of makes or breaks that fig in my mind). She has a nice hairpiece. Of course Max Rebo is great.

The set that I'm surprised that I like is the Duel on Geonosis set. The new Yoda head is fantastic and is a much needed upgrade from the old Yoda figs (I'm sure we will see that head design more in upcoming sets). I like Dooku's lightsaber hilt. The elder geonosian guy is much better looking than the older version of the geonosians. It is a big plus for me that this set is based around a scene in the movie and isn't just another ship. I'm a bit bored of getting ship after ship. They seem a dime a dozen. I usually only buy original trilogy sets, but with a 40$ price point I'll probably be able to find this for 30$ and it seems like a great little set.

I also might have to pick up the lone ranger train set if I can find a good deal. Maybe someone who knows more about train sets than I do can tell me if the track in the lone ranger mine set that the mining cart is on is the same size as the track in the train set? Do you think that train would fit through the mine?...without to much modification? It's hard to tell a size comparison in the pictures. I'm think the train looks to large but I'm not sure.

All in all some nice looking sets there that I am excited to get my hands on.

Edit: just saw a video and Leia does have back printing :up:
Last edited by lego the hutt on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigtrainfan
I'm New !

Post by bigtrainfan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:52 pm

lego the hutt wrote:So what sets are on everyone's must buy list?

I'll be getting all the LotR sets. They all look super, even the small ones. So many good things to say about these sets that I'll just say they all look fantastic and leave it at that.

Sail barge even though I'm not a huge fan of the design of the barge. It could use some rounder edges but the figs are great. Happy to get Ree-Yees there. When preliminary pictures of Jabbas Palace came out last year he was included in that set and I was a little disappointed when he ended up not being included. Bikini Leia looks like a nice little upgrade (though I still haven't seen a pic that shows if she has back printing which kind of makes or breaks that fig in my mind). She has a nice hairpiece. Of course Max Rebo is great.

The set that I'm surprised that I like is the Duel on Geonosis set. The new Yoda head is fantastic and is a much needed upgrade from the old Yoda figs (I'm sure we will see that head design more in upcoming sets). I like Dooku's lightsaber hilt. The elder geonosian guy is much better looking than the older version of the geonosians. It is a big plus for me that this set is based around a scene in the movie and isn't just another ship. I'm a bit bored of getting ship after ship. They seem a dime a dozen. I usually only buy original trilogy sets, but with a 40$ price point I'll probably be able to find this for 30$ and it seems like a great little set.

I also might have to pick up the lone ranger train set if I can find a good deal. Maybe someone who knows more about train sets than I do can tell me if the track in the lone ranger mine set that the mining cart is on is the same size as the track in the train set? Do you think that train would fit through the mine?...without to much modification? It's hard to tell a size comparison in the pictures. I'm think the train looks to large but I'm not sure.

The track is indeed the same gague (RC/PF) in both sets, the mine's track simply has some "teeth rails" placed on top of the tracks. Simply removing the teeth parts and the normal trains will work fine on it. However, you may have to slightly "smooth out" the edges of the tunnel in order for the train to fit through properly.

As for my reaction, I'm quite surprised that I like some of the Lone Ranger sets, particularly 79106 Cavalry Builder Set. I'll definitely be picking up at least one (or more :D) of those.

The new Castle sets are quite nice, again my favorite being the smallest (70400 Forest Ambush). At $12 USD this seems like the perfect army builder.

The new Star Wars sets: All I can say is, JANGO FETT!

All in all, there are quite a number of great sets, and it seems as if many of them are actually affordable.
~bigtrainfan~

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Looks like some fantastic stuff coming in Star Wars and LoTR. Jango Fett, a Non-clone wars Republic Gunship, Council of Elrond.
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 pm

The Stealth Starfighter looks like a great buy at $44.99! Unfortunately the RRP is $69.99.

legodork
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legodork » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 pm

bigtrainfan wrote:
lego the hutt wrote:So what sets are on everyone's must buy list?

The track is indeed the same gague (RC/PF) in both sets, the mine's track simply has some "teeth rails" placed on top of the tracks. Simply removing the teeth parts and the normal trains will work fine on it. However, you may have to slightly "smooth out" the edges of the tunnel in order for the train to fit through properly.

As for my reaction, I'm quite surprised that I like some of the Lone Ranger sets, particularly 79106 Cavalry Builder Set. I'll definitely be picking up at least one (or more :D) of those.

The new Castle sets are quite nice, again my favorite being the smallest (70400 Forest Ambush). At $12 USD this seems like the perfect army builder.

The new Star Wars sets: All I can say is, JANGO FETT!

All in all, there are quite a number of great sets, and it seems as if many of them are actually affordable.
I agree with you on the Lone Ranger sets. I don't have a lot of confidence in the movie doing well (although I've been wrong about such things many, many times before) but the LEGO Lone Ranger sets all look pretty awesome.

As for the Castle stuff, I really like the Dragon Mountain just because it has a dragon and dragons are cool! LOL!

LoTR sets - what more can be said - I think TLG has done a wonderful job with the LoTR and Hobbit sets and imho the new ones plainly continue that trend.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Was never into the old Fantasy era Castle sets, so the new one I will also pass. Lone Rangers have some interesting design, for a change, it seems model is the selling point and not the mini figures. Do we really need that many Tonto and Ranger since they are in pretty much every set, this reminds me of Sparrow in Pirates, so many of them. Lord of the Rings sets are cool but it is like the new Star Wars sets, figure drives the sets, except Star Wars are redesigns of older sets which is again not that great.

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:35 pm

What, no new Superhero sets?! I was hoping for more pics of the Iron Man sets, and maybe the new Superman ones

LOTR Wizard Battle looks good for the smaller sets, the Eye of Sauron is pretty sweet! Same with Lone Ranger Calvary Set, New Jango, and Geonosis Duel, but whats with Darth Mauls legs in Mandalorian Speeder? Looks like a weird hybrid of minifig and droid, but the preportions look off. New Padme and New Bikini Leia look pretty hot!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by DarthPaka on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Francfurters
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Francfurters » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Hey, thanks for the shout out!
Last edited by Francfurters on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willb2064
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by willb2064 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:52 pm

I'll be getting all the LOTR sets, probably multiples of them.

Bit disappointed with the SW sets. The old Republic Gunship is far superior, and I also prefer the old barge also. Shame, as I missed both those sets last time around.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm

DarthPaka wrote:...whats with Darth Mauls legs in Mandalorian Speeder? Looks like a weird hybrid of minifig and droid, but the preportions look off...
That's the "new" Darth Maul. It's because in the Clone Wars tv show they brought him back last year or something. He was never dead, just cut in half, living in a junk yard with a lower droid body (It started as a spider looking thing then got "improved" in the bipedal). It's funny because a number of years ago there was a star wars infinities comic that had the same basic premise (that Maul was alive, cut in two, with a droid lower body) and Lucas said that's ridiculous he's dead. :lol:

As for the pictures - Personally, I'm really excited for Lone Ranger and LoTR. I'm sort of surprised there were no "sneak peeks" of the Hobbit sets since they are coming out this Christmas.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Francfurters wrote:Wow... I remember posting these pictures in the forums before the site even announced it... :sad:
Hi Francfurters,

We posted a general topic for all of the themes as its a bit redundant and time consuming if we were to post a new topic for each theme. That being said, we do appreciate you letting us know of the news. (:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:17 pm

The-Daryl wrote:It's funny because a number of years ago there was a star wars infinities comic that had the same basic premise (that Maul was alive, cut in two, with a droid lower body) and Lucas said that's ridiculous he's dead. :lol:
Nothing got published or manufactured (at least before the Disney buy-out) without Lucas' approval, so that's patently false. He may have said it "wasn't considered canon" but he couldn't have said it was ridiculous and that Maul was officially dead, else it wouldn't have made it to print. Plus, the Clone Wars has now made it canon, basically.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:18 pm

I only really checked out he Creator, City and Lone Ranger sets (as well as Friends) and I have to say there is some neat stuff coming out. The Creator Family House is pretty neat and I think reasonably priced. Also the LR train at $99 is pretty nice. I may be getting one of those for that price. And I'm safe to say that I want all of the City line that I don't already have. Sneaking it all by the wife is a whole other story though. :P

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 pm

vynsane wrote:
The-Daryl wrote:It's funny because a number of years ago there was a star wars infinities comic that had the same basic premise (that Maul was alive, cut in two, with a droid lower body) and Lucas said that's ridiculous he's dead. :lol:
Nothing got published or manufactured (at least before the Disney buy-out) without Lucas' approval, so that's patently false. He may have said it "wasn't considered canon" but he couldn't have said it was ridiculous and that Maul was officially dead, else it wouldn't have made it to print. Plus, the Clone Wars has now made it canon, basically.
Nope not false at all, but thanks for implying I either make stuff up or outright lie...

The quote was something like "I cut him in half so people knew he was dead, it's ridiculous to think he survived" Now, obviously, that's paraphrased from memory - I'm not going to go searching for the exact words. Infinities was a "What-If" sort of comic-verse, it was YEARS before Clone Wars show ever came on; so it had nothing to do with continuity (even canon d or whatever the heck they call EU canon these days).

I'm not sure if you've read/followed a good deal that Lucas says over the years, but it's... I don't know what to call it... "Fluid" maybe? One day there were always 9 films planned. The next there were only 6, because the Star Wars saga is about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin. The next day no there was 9, but the fans didn't like 3 of them so he didn't want to do it, etc, etc. He's created a wonderful universe, he just doesn't seem to take notes about things he says is all :)

At any rate, I'm not looking to start an argument, I was just mentioning a funny story that went along with that new "look" since someone actually asked about it, and I had an answer (as a newbie to LEGO I can't contribute a great deal, but star wars is something I know). You would think a moderator would either ask for clarification, or do a little research before implying a member is a liar.

CharliesDad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CharliesDad » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:08 am

I doubt I'll be interested in much of the LR sets, but the train looks very cool. Hopefully, it can be adapted to Power Functions.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 am

Lucus isn't God of Star Wars. The Disney deal isn't final yet so the TV show was done under Lucus. Also he says stupid things all the time that he later takes back.

He also said there would be 4 trilogies in the 80s, then denied there would ever be a third trilogy, so listening to him would be sillier than bringing Maal back from the dead. :lol:

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 am

I plan on getting the Lone Ranger Stagecoach and train sets. Also, like the Forest Ambush set with 4 knights. As for LOTR (gotta love Middle-earth) I'll definitely get the 3 smaller sets (nice surpise the Council is only $30). I really have no interest in the Corsair Ship, so that will be the first Middle-earth set I'll not bother to pick-up and save $100. :)