How much can I expect to get from a lego gift card

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
mvas11
Peasant
Peasant

How much can I expect to get from a lego gift card

Post by mvas11 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi guys,
So I have a large lego gift card (roughly 300) that I'm sitting on and need to move. I have been finding all my deals on clearance and at garage sales so I thought I could use the cash. If I sell this on ebay what would I get for this? Any thoughts? Close to 300, 250 200? I really trying to decide how to move this amount. Thanks for your advice.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: How much can I expect to get from a lego gift card

Post by Zeya » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Around 95% of its value. I wouldn't sell it below 90% of its value.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Re: How much can I expect to get from a lego gift card

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:03 pm

I think 95% ($285) on eBay is reallyoptimistic.

Even if you do manage to get that much, eBay and PayPal will want their cuts (~$26 and ~$9, respectively), dropping your $285 sale to ~$250.

You might have better luck selling it here (which would at least save you the eBay fees) or other LEGO-centric sites, as there are quite a few power buyers who might be interested in stretching their dollars that little bit further to eke out every possible cent.

Other possibilities are the various Gift Card resellers (CardPool, PlasticJungle, etc.), but they look to pay around 65-70% of face value (a little higher if you take payment in Amazon gift cards instead of cash).