Planes?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
knicky
I'm New !

Planes?

Post by knicky » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:54 am

Hey guys --

Do yall think they are going to release more sets like the sopwith camel? I'm not too terribly impressed with the set but I think I would buy it and enjoy it if I knew there would be more in that same line coming out but as of right now I'm not sure what I would do with just one stand alone airplane.

What do yall think?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Planes?

Post by natelite » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:49 am

it'd be good to start a new series but unfortunately i don't see it happening.

the reason being that most planes are very modern and are instruments of war. tlc internal policy is not to make any models of war instruments.

knicky
I'm New !

Post by knicky » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:04 am

Hmmm.....Yeah I agree with you; I was just hoping that they wouldn't draw a line in the sand there. They got swords, jousting, pirates got guns (even peg legs!)...One can hope :)

jeffmace
I'm New !

Post by jeffmace » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:44 pm

I would like to some fighter jets made. F-22 Raptor, F-16, etc. Like Ultimate Collector series, a few thousand pieces. I think they would be quite popular.

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mrfootball » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Noticed on the Lego CUUSOO site that company policy prohibits 'pre-ww2' military themes...that would leave open the possibility of WW2 items...a Spitfire would go nicely with the Sopwith.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:20 am

mrfootball wrote:Noticed on the Lego CUUSOO site that company policy prohibits 'pre-ww2' military themes...that would leave open the possibility of WW2 items...a Spitfire would go nicely with the Sopwith.
They prohibit post ww2, not pre ww2.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 pm

What about this?

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/5892_Sonic_Boom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)