Add on kits?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Add on kits?

Post by greanie2011 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Not sure if this topic has been brought up. (Did a small search and didnt find anything)

I wonder i lego has ever considered add on/Accessory kits for some of the buildings or creations?
i.e. Lights, snow, snow-man, christmas trees and wreaths that would be added to the modular buildings.
Or Ghosts, zombies, spider webs, spiders (maybe orange lights and pumpkins) to be added for a halloween effect.

Like i said not sure if that has been brought up or if its something someone already does, would love to see some pictures/links of this done to the ... fire house, pet shop, grocer....

Tyrant01
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Add on kits?

Post by Tyrant01 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:22 pm

I don't know if they have ever considered it, but I doubt it (even though I like the idea personally). They used to have accessory sets. Most were for figures (a bunch of helmets and weapons for Castle figures, for instance) but some were things like a set of trees or a set of the types of blocks you might need to expand a castle and so on. As I understand it (though I can't recall where I read it and thus have no source for the comment), these didn't sell very well. I think it's a shame as I would kill for sets like that now.

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm

I would love to be able to pick up a "Christmas-Accessory" kit for the Fire Brigade snap on a couple pieces and now, ITS A HOLIDAY DECORATION!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri May 18, 2012 8:35 pm

They've tried this before with some series, name escapes me now, but if I find it I will bring it up. They've definitely had 'addon packs' in the past. Nothing to a particular line, just like minifigure accessory packs and tree packs, etc.

I remember the series one though didn't work out well though.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?