So I received a set in the mail and something is very weird

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
nick91884
Knight
Knight

So I received a set in the mail and something is very weird

Post by nick91884 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

So I recently ordered LEGO 6863 Batwing from barnesandnoble.com with a 25% off mothers day coupon and recieved my set via UPS today.

So I open the shipping box and the set looks a little rough/shopworn but seals are intact and no tearing that makes me think anything is up but upon opening the set I find no instructions and 2 bags, both sealed, but neither contains any parts from the set I bought. Both bags are marked as bag number 3, one has big round wheels that look like they go to a train the other has tons of technics pieces.

So basically never had a LEGO set this wrong, who should I contact? LEGO or BN.com
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: So I received a set in the mail and something is very we

Post by Legobrandon » Fri May 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Someone must of have bought it, stolen the contents inside, resealed the box and sent it back to BN. I suggest you contact BN first and if they refuse to return your money back or give you a new set then you can go ahead and contact LEGO.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 pm

The parts seems coming from Star Wars Turbo Tank set.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri May 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Someone must of have bought it, stolen the contents inside, resealed the box and sent it back to BN. I suggest you contact BN first and if they refuse to return your money back or give you a new set then you can go ahead and contact LEGO.
Do this. If they refuse, don't give up. They didn't sell you what they claimed they did. They are responsible for a refund.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:36 pm

I think you should contact B&N first. Do you have a store nearby? It might be easier to get resolution in person. Bring your packing slip or a copy of the email confirm. B&N needs to know something is wrong. Hey it could be an employee at the warehouse who stole the parts, who knows really. :crazy: If it was a return issue, they need to know that as well. You could call the 1-800 number and see If they can resolve it on the phone.

If B&N won't help then ask LEGO CS as a last resort since B&N really should make it right for you.

Good luck!

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks everyone I got ahold of customer service and they sent me a label to my email for the return and are sending me a replacement! Very easy and very fast, I thought they were gonna put up more of a fight honestly. Also I ended up using the customer service web chat, it was fast convenient and I was able to save our correspondence in case there are further issues or if I don't see a replacement arrive.

I was pleasantly surprised by barnes and nobles response to this issue and I am that much happier to be a barnes and noble member after the experience.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Wed May 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I must concur with the above. I had an order actually missing a set. I think I ordered 3 Batwings and only 2 were in the box....The slip clearly indicated that three were supposed to be in the box. So I called customer service, expecting to get into an argument with them and they simply said...oh we are sorry, It will go out expedited tomorrow. Only problem was that it was clear I was talking to somebody outside the country..other than that 5 stars from me for BN customer service.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Update: looks like the batwing was out of stock and they did not have one to fulfill my order, so they gave me a refund, a little disappointing but they cant give me what they dont have...

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

nick91884 wrote:Update: looks like the batwing was out of stock and they did not have one to fulfill my order, so they gave me a refund, a little disappointing but they cant give me what they dont have...
At least you got your money back. They could have easily just have held it and said 'we will ship it if it ever comes in.' Nightmares from the past...
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?